Opening Night Setlist Guitars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcoriha

The Fly
I'm hoping that someone here can recognize the guitars Edge and or Bono (& Adam if possible) plays on which songs, and post that along with the setlist. Even if it's comparing them to other things, like "Edge used the same guitar he used for the video for Beautiful Day", or even better if someone knows the Strats, from the Les Pauls, and Variaxs. Supposedly Edge has 2 new guitars a silver sparkle and a target guitar as well. If anyone could post this in this section or over in Even Better then the Real Thing section I would be very thankful. I am only posting this here because it's more likely to be seen then over in the Musician section.

Thanks again, this is my 1st post, but I've been reading for months now at the speculations over sets.

I have to say I haven't been able to get tickets yet and if they play Wire or several others in San Jose there is a 50% 50% chance of suicide here.

When I see them in Chicago on the 7th, I'll be able to tell you. I'm pretty knowledgable with Edge's guitar repetoire, as far as electric guitars go. I'm not to sure about the acoustics.

I can't wait to see the target guitar. I'm obsessed with guitars, and that is one of the things I'm looking forward to.

yeah i was just wondering the same...which guitars he's using on which songs....as he did change guitars for Vertigo for RRHOF. Same type just different color....maybe different model Tele too

So far I've seen a Red Gretsch early in the set (COBL perpheps replacing the Green Gretsch from Brooklyn Bridge)

The White Les Paul (Probably quite a few songs)

The Black Strat (Adam during 40, probably Edge during Pride/Streets)

I've seen 2 VariaX guitars, the one that looks blackish in photos but I'm assuming is Silver Sparkle (probably during Love and Peace), and the Target guitar (probably used during Zoo TV/The Fly/Elevation ?)

I also saw Bono's lighter Green Gretsch.

Please if anyone know what I'm babbling on about that was at the show, feel free to break the tension and let us gear geeks know.

EDIT- I forgot the Rickenbacker (probably Sometimes), and the White Telecaster (probably Sunday, Bloody Sunday).

Last edited:
jcoriha said:

EDIT- I forgot the Rickenbacker (probably Sometimes), and the White Telecaster (probably Sunday, Bloody Sunday).

Edge used the fireglo 12-string Rick on SNL's performance of Sometimes, so I'd guess it was used again at the concert.

Back
Top Bottom