Next tour setlist: Album by album breakdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey788

Refugee
I'll do an album by album breakdown of what should return for the next tour. Not all of these will be played every show but will be parts of several rotating setlists like the Lovetown tour. What do you guys think of my selection and what songs should return next tour?

BOY AND BEFORE:
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Out of Control
Stories For Boys

I think it's time to give I Will Follow a break at least for one tour. 11 O'Clock and Out of Control would be old classics that haven't been played much lately and Stories For Boys would be a great comeback after the snippet during Vertigo.

OCTOBER:
October

I doubt Gloria will return after this tour and the only other possibility is October into New Year's Day like it was done in the 80s.

WAR:
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Seconds
New Year's Day
Two Hearts Beat As One

SBS will return as a fixed spot on the setlist next tour because it does work for the situation of the world today. Seconds would be another good war related song though it might sound a little dated. New Year's Day will return after its break during this tour and it will be played after October. Two Hearts Beat As One could be alternated with Stories For Boys and 40 will close the show as usual.

UF:
A Sort of Homecoming
TUF
Bad

It's time to give Pride a break. It's been played every tour since it existed. ASOH and TUF can be alternated and Bad should have a much more permenent spot on the setlist like it did during Elevation.

The Joshua Tree:
Streets
WOWY
Exit

Streets will start off the encore and be played with the red backdrop. ISFWILF should be given a rest. Bullet peaked during ZooTv and has been going downhill ever since. The Vertigo version just sounded dead. Edge's solo had no energy in it and the end faded into nothing. Exit would be a great rocker to return live and can alternate places with Dirty Day and God Part 2.

Rattle and Hum:
Desire
Angel of Harlem
God Part 2

Desire should return as a full band, rocking version like it was during Lovetown and ZooTV. Angel of Harlem will be back after disappearing during Vertigo. I already explained God Part 2.

Achtung Baby:
EBTTRT
Mysterious Ways or Until the End of the World
One
Ultraviolet

EBTTRT will come back after missing this tour and either MW or UTEOTW will be back. I'd guess that UTEOTW would work better considering how they reinvented the act they have with it every tour. One will probably never be left out of a setlist again. Ultraviolet should come back as it sounded amazing during ZooTV and has been overlooked for the last decade.

Zooropa:
Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Dirty Day

America should finally get some of the more rocking songs off of Zooropa. Lemon would be great but I don't think Bono can sing it anymore. I hope I'm wrong. DGPFYCC should be sung in Bono's Elvis voice.

Pop:
Discotheque
MOFO
Gone
Please

MOFO should come back next tour and hopefully for the fourth leg of this tour. Discotheque should be played like it was during Vertigo. Gone should be played like the Elevation version and Please should segue into COBL.

ATYCLB:
Beautiful Day or Elevation

Only one of these two songs will return for the next tour. While I'd perfer Elevation, I think Beautiful Day will probably be played instead. I doubt that anything else from ATYCLB would come back.

HTDAAB:
Vertigo
COBL
LAPOE (Maybe)

Vertigo should be played after Streets and COBL should close off the main set. I'm not sure whether LAPOE will return. It depends on what the band does with it. OOTS hardly got played this tour and probably won't come back. ABOY and MD sounded lackluster this tour so they won't return.

OTHER:
Party Girl
HMTMKMKM
Electrical Storm
Hands That Built America

Party Girl will only be played for special occasions. HMTMKMKM is a great rock song that deserves to come back. Electrical Storm and Hands That Built America should both debut and also alternate with each other.

I'd like it if they did a 3 song set for the show such as...

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
All Because Of You
Beautiful Day
Elevation
Stuck In A Moment
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
The Fly
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Like A Song
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Where The Streets Have No Name
With Or Without You

MOFO
Discotheque
Gone

11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Party Girl
All I Want Is You

[The last 3 songs are technically not on albums or originated from albums, I don't count Rattle and Hum an album, because it's a rarities with live stuff]

I want whatever you are smoking. There is no way U2 will ever play a setlist using songs from the albums you have chosen, though the choices are nice.
SDABTO!!!

Back
Top Bottom