Mysterious ways

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Interference member isabelle_guns met Bono (congrats!) and in her live journal link, she mentioned what she heard in Vancouver:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Mysterious
3. Vertigo with snippets from "Stories for Boys"
4. Bullets

Again with "Stories For Boys" and Vertigo? Hmm... I guess I can see where they might go hand-in-hand. :hmm:

Thanks for the heads up - and congrats to isabelle! Lucky! :)

Mysterious Ways - I sooooo hope Isabelle_guns is right..

first Ive heard of this being rehearsed

Mysterious Ways, eh? :hmm:

The pool of possible songs continues to grow.

i hope they skip Mysterious ways this time. they have to leave out some classics, otherwise it will be another greatest hits set. Ok there are a few classics they have to do, like Streets and Bullet. But I can live with a set without WOWY and One...

phommel said:
i hope they skip Mysterious ways this time. they have to leave out some classics, otherwise it will be another greatest hits set. Ok there are a few classics they have to do, like Streets and Bullet. But I can live with a set without WOWY and One...

'Another' greatest hits set? When was the first one?

Haha, sorry I was exaggerating a little bit. But what I mean is they (almost) always play One, WOWY, Until the end of the world, Bullet, Streets, Mysterious ways, Pride, Desire....For me, they may leave out half of it and play more rare songs...For example if they just choose betweenOne and WOWY every night, that leaves room for an other song....shuffle the setlists.....

but hey it's their decision and whatever they play, I have the night of my life everytime i visit their show.,....

Vertigo with a snippet of "Stories of Boys" would make me sit down in my chair (which I never do during a u2 show) and think about what I just witnessed.

Mysterious Ways and Bullet are welcome, but I hope they are not "cemented" in the setlist. Especially BTBS, I'm so into the live version right now, but every single night....

Check out the Mysterious Ways Bonus track from the Slane DVD...if they play it like that every shown nobody would want to see this song leave the setlist!!!

phommel said:

I cannot.

U2@NYC said:

I cannot.

neither can i, one and wowy could be played at every show, never get sick of the two songs that got me into u2.

ayearwome said:
Check out the Mysterious Ways Bonus track from the Slane DVD...if they play it like that every shown nobody would want to see this song leave the setlist!!!

ure right, the slane performance was remarkable and one of the best ever for MW. However, as they played it almost every night on the first leg of the elevation tour, sometimes it seemed a little "running through the motions." I think playing it every few shows would be better.

Mysterious Ways is the song I most want to see them play.

They could play in three times in one night and I wouldn't care.

Keep it on the setlists.

I love the way they played it at Zoo TV, but I don't think Bono's voice can handle it. It would be nice if it were reworked with a little less wah-wah guitar.

Oh yes, and I forgot to mention -- a little lower so Bono could more easily hit the notes (remember the faltering of his voice on Popmart for this song?).

Back
Top Bottom