MERGED--> the true upcoming setlist + update on true setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: the true upcoming setlist

bigloader said:
here's a probable setlist for the next tour. Trust me, I have an inside track that I cannot reveal.

1. Vertigo
2. Beautiful Day
3. New Years Day
4. Sometimes you cant make it..
5. Please
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. The Fly
8. Bad
9. All I want is you
10. City of Blinding Lights
11. Mairacle Drug
12. Desire
13. With or Without you
14. All because of you
15. Where the streets have no name
16. Walk on
17. Original of the Species
18. Bullet the Blue Sky
19. Crumbs From your Table
20. One

Of course, on some nights there will be a few changes... There are five or six other songs being worked into the rotation.

I don't believe this because:

- U2 will play 21 songs a night, maybe 20 on later legs and 22 on rare occasions
- Please and The fly again? doubt it.
- Bad and All I want is you? this isn't Lovetown.
- as U2's history shows, none of U2's closing songs on tour (except 40) ever made it onto following tours. same will happen to Walk on
- since we're at classics, where is Pride? I still haven't found...? Mysterious ways? Until the end of the world?
- where is I will follow? why only 3 90's songs?

I don't think so.

Last edited:
One thing I love about U2 is that I don't really believe that A + B = C and that all trends from previous tours apply. The truth is none of us know what U2 is going to play or not play, and we can study and obsess over past tours all we want to attempt to feel like there is a rhyme and a reason and logic to what they will play from what era, but there isn't.

So perhaps before we all start feeling like we know what's gonna go down on the 28th in San Diego, let's all keep an open mind and love that we don't know and that U2 isn't a predictable band. Perhaps for some of us they are, but I still look forward to their shows because I don't know what they're gonna dig out. Given the sound of HTDAAB, I wouldn't be surprised to see AIWIY and Bad in the same setlist at all. You're right, it isn't Lovetown, it's the Vertigo Tour.

Re: Re: the true upcoming setlist

U2girl said:
- as U2's history shows, none of U2's closing songs on tour (except 40) ever made it onto following tours. same will happen to Walk on

I'm not sure where this notion comes from.

The tours before War were far less static in their closers/encores, but certainly Out of Control and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock>The Ocean saw heavy duty in the "final song" slot on both the Boy and October tours.

40 was the standard closer for the War, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and Lovetown tours. There were exceptions, but 40 was the rule.

Love Is Blindness or Love Is Blindness>Can't Help Falling In Love closed all of the Zoo TV and Zooropa shows. Between the final Zoo TV Outside Broadcast show on Nov. 25, 1992 and the first Zooropa show on May 9, 1993, more than five months passed, and the band added an album's worth of new material. So while the general show and setlist was very similar, I don't think you can call the 1992 and 1993 tours the same. And they certainly used the same closers for both.

One was the sole closer (with add-ons) for PopMart. And really, the lack of continuation of a closer from PopMart to Elevation is the ONLY time in U2's history that it hasn't used the same closer in more than one tour.

I would argue that Walk On is entirely possible as a closer (it was a very good one, too).

If you want full information on closers, you can check the link in my signature. It makes for fascinating reading and completely debunks the myth that U2 do not play closers on their next tours. If they did do that, With Or Without You would not have made it past Lovetown!

update on true setlist

Here's an update on the probable setlist that I just received. This is just what they are rehearsing for the opening three shows. It varies slightly from what I posted earlier, but they do have a number of songs that they will interchange. Here you go, speculate and analyze all you want, but this is it.

1. Vertigo
2.Beautiful Day
3. I will Follow
4. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. Bad
7. Running to Stand Still
8. Sunday Bloody Sunday
9.All I want is you
10. Miracle Drug

11. Desire
12. Stuck in a moment/wild horses acoustic
13. Electrical Storm
14. With or Without you

15. All because of you
16. Original of the Species
17. Where the Streets have no name
18. Walk on
19. Unforgettable Fire

20. Walk on
21. Crumbs from your table
22. One
23. Yahweh

As of right now, this is it.

error correction

sorry, I mistankenly listed Walk on twice. It's likely to come as one of the last three or four songs.

Bigloader, I have no idea whether you're credible or not. You claim not to care what we all think.

But admit this: this list you're posting is dramatically different from the first one you posted. So whether you're for real or not, guessing or informed, it doesn't mean much for you to say "this is it" repeatedly, all the while making adjustments.

The rest aside, I'd say that this list looks infinitely more likely than the previous "big load."

No Bullet the blue sky?

No LP&E?

No New Year's day?

Just 1 song from their best ever album Achtung Baby?????

Well, actually, this setlist could be true..... that shows the dilema u2 are facing...... what song do we want to play???:huh:

IMO u2 have only just set up rehersing in canada and if you ask me they are still probably just rehersing possible songs they will play. i honestly don't think they would have a set setlist at the moment. They are probably in the process of seeing what songs they want to play then seeing about a setlist and what songs to play when! people who come on here and say this is the setlist for night 1 are talking rubbish! cus i bet U2 have not even decided the set list yet!

the fact that I bust bigger loads than anyone else here is infuriating, I know. Unfortunately, this means nothing towards the measure of my credibility. Everyone can put out all of the theories and speculation that they want, but this is the setlist. period. That's not to say that it may not be tweeked a bit; nothing is ever set in stone, but as I've said before, this is it for now. This is what we are planning on. Bet on it.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, sure, and the Popmart lemon is right at home in my backyard.

Regardless of the poster, and the high-school references to loads, I'd take this set list... not that the band or anybody else would care to ask.

Now, if I can just find a ticket.

Listen, bloke. The Wham cover isn't gonna be a part of the opening few shows. It is only gonna be played sparingly throughout the tour. Basically, the band will play it on the nights when they are feeling particularly zesty!

bigloader said:
Listen, bloke. The Wham cover isn't gonna be a part of the opening few shows. It is only gonna be played sparingly throughout the tour. Basically, the band will play it on the nights when they are feeling particularly zesty!

Ahhh the Wham cover..... I can see it now Bono be bopping to "wake me up before you go go "

:lol: :lol:

Kill me now

Last edited:
Or how about no?

Let's have a look at this. A ludicrous claim that U2 will be covering a Wham song (!) when they have a tough enough time selecting their own material to fill limited positions. And look, the setlist isn't original. It's just a poorly organised version of plenty of other speculative setlists. To claim you have an inside source and that U2 have almost determined their setlist a month out from the tour is a bit silly. They're probably only just starting to seriously put it together.

Axver said:
Or how about no?

Let's have a look at this. A ludicrous claim that U2 will be covering a Wham song (!) when they have a tough enough time selecting their own material to fill limited positions. And look, the setlist isn't original. It's just a poorly organised version of plenty of other speculative setlists. To claim you have an inside source and that U2 have almost determined their setlist a month out from the tour is a bit silly. They're probably only just starting to seriously put it together.

Axver this guy is nuts, dont let him get to you.

response

It's really funny. I remember years back when our newsletter informed some members of a u2 fanclub that the band was working on a cover version of Abba's "Dancing Queen". Needless to say, I got some hell for that UNTIL they performed the song. The Wham cover is a bit different, there will be no "jitterbug" in the beginning if that's what all of you guys are thinking.

it's almost as if, you took your first list, read the complaints from that thread and altered it. It almost reads like a complete rework from the replies on that thread.

Look at Axvers post, he lists 4 or 5 problems with the setlist, nagically this new one appears and all those problems solved.

Pure coincidence, I'm sure.

Actually, I've got it, Axver is your inside source!!!

stop with the bullshit, please.

I don't know if this guy is full of shit or not. But I do believe that whatever setlist they're planning, they've already done it, at least for the first several shows.

They've already been reheasing for a few weeks in California/Mexico. They are choreographying their show which means deciding what to play and when. They choreograph a show, they don't just get on stage and decide earlier in the evening what they'll play.

If there is one thing I remember vividly from the interviews done with the band during Elevation is that they have to figure out (learn again) how to play songs they haven't played in long time.

If there is one thing I'm pretty sure of is that they have decided what their setlist will be for the shows in California. Doesn't mean there won't be variations but I'm almost positive they've got 25 or 30 songs that they've already decided will be the ones they'll be practising and re-learning.

why?

Why is there all of this apparent jealousy simply because I have a good, reliable connection? If anything, you guys should be ecstatic to be receiving this info from me. On a lighter side, I understand the jealously about my loadblowing prowress, but that's for another forumaltogether!

Re: why?

bigloader said:
Why is there all of this apparent jealousy simply because I have a good, reliable connection? If anything, you guys should be ecstatic to be receiving this info from me. On a lighter side, I understand the jealously about my loadblowing prowress, but that's for another forumaltogether!

What jealousy? I'm not jealous of your lies and fraudulent information.

Really, if you want to fake a setlist, you could at least make the damn thing cohesive.

I just want to know if Bono and Edge will be wearing those really cool white t-shirts with the really big letters when they break out the Wham cover --- and will Larry switch allegiances from Harley Davidson to BSA motorcycles too?

Re: response

bigloader said:
It's really funny. I remember years back when our newsletter informed some members of a u2 fanclub that the band was working on a cover version of Abba's "Dancing Queen". Needless to say, I got some hell for that UNTIL they performed the song.

Exactly which u2 fanclub was it??

Back
Top Bottom