MERGED-->Setlist Chicago 7 May + chicago 5/7/05

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
chicago 5/7/05

u2log.com has the setlist reported as:

Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Bad
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
encore:
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because of You
Yahweh

No 'the electric co.'? :down: that sucks.
can anyone confirm this? if they are filming a dvd here i hope electric co or gloria make it...

Setlist Chicago 7 May

Haven't seen it posted here yet, so here it is. From http://www.u2tours.com

1. Love and Peace or Else
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. Beautiful Day
7. Miracle Drug
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
9. New Year's Day
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Bullet the Blue Sky
12. Running to Stand Still
13. Bad
14. Pride
15. Where the Streets Have No Name
16. One

Encore(s):
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. Mysterious Ways
20. All Because of You
21. Yahweh
22. 40

Fairly standard. From what the rumours say, this won't be the DVD though. Still if this was to be the UNCUT DVD, I wouldn't be disappointed; :up:

Last edited:
I read this setlist also. I know...I want to hear Electric Co but especially Gloria Monday night :drool: :drool: :drool:

no stories for boys with vertigo either - it sounded like edge started to play the opener for stories for boys then Bono nixed it

bad - wow:drool:

That's one of the worst sets I've seen yet, except for Anaheim 1. And opening with Love And Peace Or Else? I'd just hoped that they released it as a single City Of Blinding Lights would be permanent.

Oh such a bad set.
I can't deal with the absence of Electric Co. I just can't.

God Part III said:
That's one of the worst sets I've seen yet, except for Anaheim 1. And opening with Love And Peace Or Else? I'd just hoped that they released it as a single City Of Blinding Lights would be permanent.

Oh such a bad set.

Love and Peace is a great opener. this setlist was the exact same as nearly all the second night setlists, except with an cat dubh/into the heart replacing gloria. any setlist with bad is good to me.

^^

I don't like Love And Peace as the opener. It wrecks the brilliant L&P>SBS>BTBS and it's much too, well, not fitting. The themes, the message and the spirit of City Of Blinding lights fits much better.

And who's want An Cat Dubh over Gloria?
Bring on Electric Co, Bad and Zoo Station same night. Thanks.

<<weren't filming that night>>

I thought they would do a dress rehearsal filming of last nights show. U2 frequently film more than one show.

2 nights in mexico
2 nights in Sydney
2 nights in Denver(RAH)
2 nights in Boston(Bonocam from a 3rd night)
2 nights in Phoenix?(RAH)
Did they film the first Slane?
Did they film more than one Dublin 89?
The 1992 Fox special was more than one night.

Etc...etc...

u2FP

God Part III said:

Oh such a bad set.

This is one of the worst posts I've seen yet. I was at the Chicago concert, and the setlist was great. I didn't give a fuck if it was the same setlist they played in Chicago. I was there! I was watching it happen, and it was the greatest concert I've ever seen. How can anybody say that a setlist sucks when you aren't there? How can anybody comment on the quality of a song selection when you aren't hearing the songs. Yes, it might make for a boring setlist party on here, but it was not a boring party at the United Center. I didn't even notice Electric Co was missing. I didn't notice Gloria was missing. I didn't wish for any other songs to be played, because I was happy to be there watching my favorite band.

The_acrobat said:

This is one of the worst posts I've seen yet. I was at the Chicago concert, and the setlist was great. I didn't give a fuck if it was the same setlist they played in Chicago. I was there! I was watching it happen, and it was the greatest concert I've ever seen. How can anybody say that a setlist sucks when you aren't there? How can anybody comment on the quality of a song selection when you aren't hearing the songs. Yes, it might make for a boring setlist party on here, but it was not a boring party at the United Center. I didn't even notice Electric Co was missing. I didn't notice Gloria was missing. I didn't wish for any other songs to be played, because I was happy to be there watching my favorite band.

I thought the band sounded GREAT after a week off, nothing wrong with the setlist as far as we're concerned. One of the best parties for U2 that I've been to.

Back
Top Bottom