Kill the CAT DUBH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CTU2fan said:
Ya know what? An Cat Dubh needs to stay, if it isn't played at the show I go to I'm gonna be pissed...and if a bunch of n00bs who never heard U2 before "One" came out don't like it that's just too bad.

And if it doesn't rock enough for ya, how about "I Threw A Brick/A Day Without Me" instead?

"Day Without Me..." I would freakin' die! And I'm hoping for An Cat both nights in Phoenix this week...

jelloe said:
Too many other great nostalgic songs for them to choose...

Phoenix 4/14 would rather hear: I Will Follow, Unforgettable Fire or Ultraviolet.

The rest of the setlist is great! Can't wait!!

No THAT is the dumbest post of all time.

I will Follow ? Please....

I would love to see Ultraviolet ADDED to their setlist. I mean come on, can this band play more than an HOUR for $400 tickets!!!!

Originally posted by Axver

What I think is pathetic is that U2 fans whine about wanting older songs back, and now that U2 have actually brought back a great rarity, they're whining that they don't want it.

Brilliant statement, indeed !!
I wish these people would just be happy with seeing them
perform live ... and enjoy the concert performance !!
That is what it's all about ... not moaning and groaning over the setlist !!

I love my fellow U2 fans, but has there ever been a bigger collection of petty whiners, ever? Here's the deal, folks. U2 is never, EVER going to mail you a blank piece of paper and say

"Hi, we know you love our band more than anyone else on earth, thusly you are entitled to create our setlist for as many shows as you plan to attend. We'll play up to 50 of your favorites, including anything from A Clcokwork Orange, Passengers, even the MI theme. We know that this is the only way to avoid disappointing you, so, please, instruct us to play anything you like."

So, make a decision. Decide to either go see the greatest band on the planet provide you with an amazing show, dream set list or not, or decide that you'd rather stay home and create "Perfect U2 playlist #321" on your computer and listen to your heart's content.

Axver said:
:rolleyes:

An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart has been one of the best parts of the tour. Awesome song and I'm so glad - and incredibly surprised - that it's back.

What I think is pathetic is that U2 fans whine about wanting older songs back, and now that U2 have actually brought back a great rarity, they're whining that they don't want it.

The really butchered it on San Diego 2, hope that was a messup and not something permanent:sad:

ImOuttaControl said:
I love the song, but I agree it is a momentum killer that early in the set. If it were saved for later in the show, I think it would work better. If they're gonna pull out rarities, I think Gloria would be a better one to play on a regular basis-- a lot easier for the crowd to get into because it has that upbeat, more rock and roll quality to it as compared to the moody sound of An Cat Dubh.

Exactly the way I feel. I love the song, but it´s kind of strangely placed in the setlist. Gloria/OOC or A day without me would work much better...

yeah i don't know....

i've said it a few times, the song is really out of place and at an odd tempo.

i hope they move to another rarity, but i'm glad you boy fans have heard it.

hopefully we'll here another oldiebutgoodie.

It is so beautiful, that U2 have re-discovered the "An Cat Dubh"/"Into The Heart" sequence after two decades (!) - two of the most brilliant tracks, Bono & Co. have recorded.
So "kill them?" Who talks in that crude language, please search for other bands to follow. You have no idea, what you're talking about. Every real fan is happy, that U2 play these tunes on the 1st leg of the tour..

Back
Top Bottom