Guess the Monterrey, Mexico 02-12-06 Setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
February 12, 2006 / Monterrey, Mexico

Venue: Tecnológico Stadium

Opening Act(s): The Secret Machines

Main Set: Vertigo, I Will Follow, The Electric Co., Elevation, Beautiful Day - She's a Rainbow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, City of Blinding Lights, Original of the Species, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Bad - Cielito Lindo, Love and Peace or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet the Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Yahweh, Vertigo

That is probably the worst setlist of the tour so far.
What happened to the best songs of the tour - Zoo Station and The Fly? Why won't they play these songs?
And when will that Vertigo2 go finally?

Just for the sake of fleshing things out, here's the set complete with snippets:

Vertigo
I Will Follow
The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
Elevation
Beautiful Day / Blackbird (snippet) / She's A Rainbow (snippet)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City Of Blinding Lights
Original Of The Species
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Bad / Cielito Lindo (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Encore(s):
Until The End Of The World
Mysterious Ways
With Or Without You
Yahweh
Vertigo

(Seems my guess for the main set was very close, but I missed on the encores. Damn. I would've rathered to have missed on the main set and been spot-on with the encores.)

Last edited:
I like it that they put Bad into the setlist. May or may not be a fluke, hope not. I still miss NYD and a 6th encore song. I understand that a return to stadiums sees a return to the stadium setlist. I also understand that after months of touring they´d rather spend their free time with their families then rehearsing new stuff. Doesn´t mean I have to like it.
After all, they only tour once every 4 years. That leaves plenty of family time. Normal people have to sacrifice far more family time in order to make ends meet. Surely the greatest band in the world can be arsed to do some extra rehearsals to do some new stuff. They are all from Dublin originally. Surely they all still have houses there. How difficult is it to move them all to Dublin for a month, rehearse their ass of and still be home in time for dinner with the family?

Then again, it is the 1st night of a tour leg. They are always boring and predictable. Things might change.

Re: Re: Re: Guess the Monterrey, Mexico 02-12-06 Setlist

Miringeltje said:

No, it ain't.

You have to put Beautiful Day in where you took Crumbs out.
And the Fly needs to be replaced by MW.

Then it's the Monterrey setlist.

Your right my Friend:yes:
I must`ve been sleeping , and sleeping on the job is not so good:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Back
Top Bottom