Exit .... Hell yes!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
Seriously Exit should be reintroduced. Long time fans would love it and newer, less knowledgeable fans would be blown away. I mean I'm going with 8 people who could almost careless about U2 but I've convinced them becasue how highly I regard the live show. Exit would put it over the top. Just refer to the Rattle and Hum dvd and reexperience how powerful it was. definetly Exit should be on the setlist. I doubt it will though.

Give us Exit! It HAS been rumoured, but those are older rumours and it appears to have failed to make the cut. :(

Axver said:
Give us Exit! It HAS been rumoured, but those are older rumours and it appears to have failed to make the cut. :(

Most rumours seem to be coming from the vancouver rehearsals. i don't put anything into those because really the guys have been reheasing for awhile and there gonna go through alot of songs simply to stave off boredom. But I think you're right and Exit will ultimately get cut. I can't wait for the tour to get going but I'm slightly worried it might be a "slow" show loaded more so with the melow tunes. I want more of the rockers as I'm goibg with a bunch of non U2 fans who are along for the ride just to see what I fuss about all the time.

the tourist said:
Come on Exit....

Exactly. In my opinion that Exit performance on R&H was the most balls our rockin' I've ever seen the band. I honestly think it would blow people's mind to hear them go off on that song. Espeacially nowadays with Bono's raspier, rockier voice.

The rumours of Exit came from Dublin last year after the release of the album - apparently the band were practising it in the studio - and then again earlier this year from before the Vancouver rehearsals. But the Vancouver rehearsals are probably fairly indicative of what will be done, like the Elevation and Popmart rehearsals were, and Exit didn't rate a mention there ..

Hopefully they rehearsed it enough already? Or will introduce it during the tour?

Wishful thinking ...

U2Spain said:
The problem with exit is that when the band started playing that tune in the josuatreetour the crowd thought that was with or without you the song they were listening to.

:huh:

But the two songs are completely different ...!

Exit would be sweet, Its not even a hard song to play, they could put it together in a couple of hours, thats one of those songs I would love to hear live!

U2Spain said:
The problem with exit is that when the band started playing that tune in the josuatreetour the crowd thought that was with or without you the song they were listening to.

The only thing similar is the bass line, but way diffrent songs!

While Exit would be great I think they have better sngs that haven't even been rehearsed that I would prefer, like Twilight and Two Hearts Beat As One. But I woulden't be sad if they did play Exit. :wink:

Exit was amazing. The very first time i watched rattle & hum i was blown away by it (and i've never listened to the album version of exit because it never caught my attention)

bcrt2000 said:
Exit was amazing. The very first time i watched rattle & hum i was blown away by it (and i've never listened to the album version of exit because it never caught my attention)
I hear ya. It just dosn't translate on Joshua tree. It was recorded too quite or somthing. That would be a nice song to hear them rerecord. But now I'm gettingcrazy:eeklaugh:

Back
Top Bottom