Dublin 3, best setlist so far this tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Vertigo
All Because of You
Gloria
Elevation
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
Beautiful Day
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Original of the Species
Bad
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride In The Name of Love
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You
Vertigo

Yahweh
'40'

I hope this is the DVD we get. :drool:

the more i look at that list the more I like it! it 'reads' like the energy and pacing would be incredibly good, and that the song selection would please many different sorts of fans. wouldn't mind that one at all for the fall!

I would have needed a great big droolbucket indeed for the SHFWILF/OOTS/Bad sequence, especially after the Vertigo/ABOY/Gloria/Elevation/etc sequence...
and then COBL/MiracleDrug/Sometimes *after* Bad! that would be very intense! they've not done that before this tour have they? placed Bad in there?! I like it!

cheers...

Last edited:
Wow, I really hope a recording surfaces, because ...

... oh, who am I kidding. I don't need a reason - I want a recording of every show. :lol:

someone made a good point in another thread

why do they wait until the last night in a city to give the best setlist?

the presales are always for the first show, and these are the fans who have spent good money to belong to the fanclub, why wouldnt you want to give them the best shows instead of the standard setlist?

Chizip said:

the presales are always for the first show, and these are the fans who have spent good money to belong to the fanclub, why wouldnt you want to give them the best shows instead of the standard setlist?

Because that's logical. :shrug:

If they can throw these songs all in the pot for "special shows" I don't see why they can't throw the 30-32 odd songs they seem to have at the moment and rotate them around each & every night? Then for the extra special shows just pull out something completely random for that night, and that night only. I honestly don't think it's that much to ask.

Honestly I think Edge & Larry would be in favour of a lot more variation (as long as they know it's coming) wheras Bono especially wouldn't be. Adam I'm not too sure - probably leaning towards Bono's POV.

edit: And this setlist is pretty good. I prefered Chicago IV. But :rockon:

Last edited:
26 songs :shocked:

Gloria
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Original of the Species
Bad
With or Without You
'40'

All in one setlist!!!

Best set of the tour methinks.
An Cat Dubh :rockon:

Chizip said:

Agree! The boring, standard setlists should just be killed.:mad:

This setlist just shows how dull the others have been :wink:

U2Man said:

Agree! The boring, standard setlists should just be killed.:mad:

This setlist just shows how dull the others have been :wink:

I was waiting to see your reaction to this setlist...

I think that they do the first shows in a city with a more standard setlist because that's when most reviews are written, then they have more freedom to mess around with the setlists, since most reviewers don't give a review of the other shows in the same city.

Even though U2 shouldn't care about reviews, as the Vertigo Tour is all sold out, they still like to have a high positive review rate overall. Having crowd pleasing songs at the first show essentially guarantees positive reviews for that city!

just my 2 cents...

bort269 said:

I think that they do the first shows in a city with a more standard setlist because that's when most reviews are written, then they have more freedom to mess around with the setlists, since most reviewers don't give a review of the other shows in the same city.

Even though U2 shouldn't care about reviews, as the Vertigo Tour is all sold out, they still like to have a high positive review rate overall. Having crowd pleasing songs at the first show essentially guarantees positive reviews for that city!

just my 2 cents...

But the reviews of Brussel weren't really that great everywhere....

The new, abbreviated version of 'With Or Without You' made its debut last night. Bono skipped the 'my hands are tied' verse.

Apparently Edge didn't get the memo, because he gave Bono a very confused look after Bono went from 'and you give yourself away' into the chorus again.

bort269 said:

just my 2 cents...

I have no clue what you are talking about lol...
reviews???won't this concert have a much better review than the first one? I do not understand the guys sometimes..
yesterday 26 songs(!!!!!!) everybody on the forum extatic...It MUST have been a very cool concert to attend. the strange thing is that the people who only attend the first concert and who have been laying in line with the presale are the ones who get the standard set...Is there logic in that..I do not get it..???

hope they keep up the excellent work from now on..like I said eralier, it's very simple..yesterday they made a GOOD decision..

:wink:

i really think U2 would get a better review from this setlist rather than the night 1 setlist anyway

in Chicago U2 got ripped from the critics for their first night set. bono invited the critic back to the last show and he gave a much better review of that one.

Chizip said:
i really think U2 would get a better review from this setlist rather than the night 1 setlist anyway

in Chicago U2 got ripped from the critics for their first night set. bono invited the critic back to the last show and he gave a much better review of that one.

I hate that..Fucking critics get invited back for a show they didn't like and fans are left in the cold...Who cares about Critics anyway..every show is sold out people are going crazy for them, who cares if some guy or girl writes a bad review...Am I invited back to a new show if I write to U2 management because I didn't enjoy the first show...BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

zwervers2 said:

I hate that..Fucking critics get invited back for a show they didn't like and fans are left in the cold...Who cares about Critics anyway..every show is sold out people are going crazy for them, who cares if some guy or girl writes a bad review...Am I invited back to a new show if I write to U2 management because I didn't enjoy the first show...BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

maybe if you keep bitching about the setlists bono will invite you back for more shows :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Chizip said:

maybe if you keep bitching about the setlists bono will invite you back for more shows :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

DAMN!!! I was really positive yesterday...

when the next show? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

zwervers2 said:

DAMN!!! I was really positive yesterday...

when the next show? :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

oh Chizip, by the way would you like to give a listen to the 2 demo's I send yesterday or did you do it allready?

they are in the dublin setlist party thread III around page 8 or 9 or something...
:wink:

Chizip said:

They just seem to do. That is why when I have to chose which concert to go I don't pick 1st nights.

I downloaded those demos zwervers, was very impressed. Great quality for a demo and very good songs :up:

All I think when I look at that setlist is how awesome it would be if U2 finished it all off with I WILL FOLLOW instead of Vertigo, which they should just leave for the start of the show.
"Walk away, walk away I will follow..."
sounds so awesome when sung in unison by tens of thousands of people.:rockon: :rockon:
Talk about ending on a high note!:drunk: :hyper: :hyper: :combust: :applaud: :dancing: :rockon:

Last edited:
i really dont see the point bitching.
u2 are generally a cautious band. the first night will never see a rsik being taken as there are some nerves, apprehensions about how a diffeerent venue will work out etc etc.
its been like this for years. since the UF tour infact.
90% of the people on friday night were satisfied.
i'm just so glad i went three nights!!
roll on berlin, although my feeling today is maybe i should never go see tham again. sometimes you have to leave on a high.
although i said that after slane too!

I 've not understand yet if the Bad snippet was dirty old town or ruby tuesday...different websites reports differents things...:huh: :huh:

could anyone give me an answer??? I'm going crazy!!:eeklaugh:

brozek said:
I 've not understand yet if the Bad snippet was dirty old town or ruby tuesday...different websites reports differents things...:huh: :huh:

could anyone give me an answer??? I'm going crazy!!:eeklaugh:

dirty old town

corianderstem said:
Wow, I really hope a recording surfaces, because ...

... oh, who am I kidding. I don't need a reason - I want a recording of every show. :lol:

Indeed! I thought I was the only one afflicted with this madness

:huh:

Back
Top Bottom