Bono's vocals at Staples 4/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ultraviolet353

War Child
I was at Staples tonight-lower level at the tip of the ellipse--very good seats, but I felt Bono's vocals were drowned out by the band (especially during LAPOE)--often I could barely hear anything, and yet you could see Bono singing--it seemed like the mix was very band heavy--weird because I saw them at Staples 3 times in 2001 and the sound was flawless--did anyone else notice this?

this is a problem sometimes happens when you're in the first lines, you hear more the instruments than the voice, most of the times it may depend of your position in respect of the amps.

I've noticed it more from the floor (I was at the tip for San Diego) than in the seats.

Was in 117 and very little washed for the whole set except again on LPOE. Was much tighter than SD(1 & 2) and Ana1.

But anyone notice on ONE was VERY off on at least the 2nd chorus?? It was badddddddd (sorry not the song). Either Bono started earlier or rather I think Edge/Adam came in late and had to try to catch up to him!

:huh:

I sat in the same section as I did in 2001, and the vocals were crystal clear--i think the mixing on certain songs need work--the vocals were better on older songs that have been worked on before.

Staples is known for not having the best sound -- one of the reasons I went to Anaheim. Sound was amazing there.

Back
Top Bottom