Biggest Disappointment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I LOVE Original of the Species but the version they played during the last leg on tour was just OK. The "Conan O'Brien" version was terrific...Edge on guitar instead of piano.

Streets was disapointing only because the Bad-40snippet-Streets was maybe the best thing you will ever see on a U2 or any stage and that anything else would be a disapointment.

Could have done without Love and Peace or Else.

More Bad, More Bad, More Bad....Although I think they will sparingly play either Sunday Blooday Sunday or Pride during the next tour. They have so many "staples" now such these songs plus Beautiful Day and now Vertigo I'm sure that it is going to be hard to play them all going forward.

boston2012 said:
I LOVE Original of the Species but the version they played during the last leg on tour was just OK. The "Conan O'Brien" version was terrific...Edge on guitar instead of piano.

Yeah, The OOTS version with Edge on piano worked better than I expected, but it is still not near as good as with him on guitar.

No one has mentioned RTSS. It seemed a little anemic, with Bono's hesitant guitar work. Especially when the ZooTV version was one of the most beautiful things ever.

I agree about ABOY - I love it on the album, but live it struggled with only one guitar. It needs the two (or more) guitar parts as on the album to make it really rock.

BTBS was a bit disappointing compared to particularly the ZooTV and Elevation versions, which rocked so hard. This version just kind of quietly fades away at the end with a whimper. But despite that, I think that BTBS is a great song which deserves to be played at ever show, contrary to what many here think. It just needs to be played with more intensity than the Vertigo version.

I'd agree that I wish U2 would stop playing Pride, but I still thought that Streets and One were great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom