Best Encore From Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boston2012

The Fly
What do you think was the best encore from any show during the tour? I have three candidates and they are all Boston shows...I know I'm biased because I was at 2 of these but just take a look...I didn't even include the 12/4 3 encores show.

May 26th: The Fly, Until The End Of The World, Out Of Control, With Or Without You, All Because Of You, Original Of The Species, Bad / 40 (snippet)

May 28th: The Fly, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, All Because Of You, Yahweh, Party Girl, Vertigo

December 5th: Until The End Of The World, Mysterious Ways / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet) / The Battle Hymn Of The Republic (snippet), With Or Without You, Crumbs From Your Table, Instant Karma!, Yahweh, 40

I like Chicago 9/20's:

Discothèque
The Fly / Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (snippet)
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
The First Time
Bad / 40 (snippet)

One of only 2 performances of Discotheque, and the FIRST EVER the First Time. Man that came out of nowhere. Plus closing with Bad, and ya cant beat that.

Though the show in Dublin when they played like 20 songs in the encore had to be pretty cool too.

I just couldn't believe on 5/28 hearing Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and Party Girl in the same encore!!!

As awesome as 28/05's encore was, I'd have to go with 26/05 on the basis of Bad and the impromptu Out Of Control.

Chicago's 20/09 encore was pretty good though.

djerdap said:
Chicago IV had the best encore EVER!

Yeah, Until the End of the World, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Yahweh, and Bad/40 is tough to beat

00Kevin said:

Yeah, Until the End of the World, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, With or Without You, Yahweh, and Bad/40 is tough to beat

Throwing Out Of Control into the mix makes it better.

Though the best encore ever dates from the Boy Tour: 11 O'clock Tick Tock. Just 11 O'clock Tick Tock. That's all you need.

00Kevin said:

This beats it right here........

The Fly, Until The End Of The World, Out Of Control, With Or Without You, All Because Of You, Original Of The Species, Bad / 40 (snippet)

Sept 21 Chicago
Bad/First Time (last done in 93 and not repeated on Vertigo Tour)
Original Of The Species
With or Without You/Love Will Tear Us Apart
Fast Cars
All Because Of You

Bono places his cowboy hat on the microphone stand as he leaves, Larry finishes 40 on the drums, walks over, puts on Bono's hat, waves and walks off.

Nuff said.

NJ - 05/17

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Original of the Species

All Because of You
Yahweh
40 -->
Vertigo

Chizip said:
I like Chicago 9/20's:

Discothèque
The Fly / Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (snippet)
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
The First Time
Bad / 40 (snippet)

One of only 2 performances of Discotheque, and the FIRST EVER the First Time. Man that came out of nowhere. Plus closing with Bad, and ya cant beat that.

Though the show in Dublin when they played like 20 songs in the encore had to be pretty cool too.

:drool:

boston2012 said:

This beats it right here........

The Fly, Until The End Of The World, Out Of Control, With Or Without You, All Because Of You, Original Of The Species, Bad / 40 (snippet)

basically it's just instead of myserious ways it's out of control, which isn't as good as mysterious ways(in my opinion), and then all because of you instead of yahweh, and those songs are equal live, maybe all because of you is better depending on who you are, but i think chicago 5/12 is still better

IMO, it is between any encore that opened with Discotheque and and any encore that opened with Zoo Station, I did not like the UTEOTW opener or The First Time opener, but I did like the Bad/The First Time opener on 9/21, that was pretty amazing except might have been better if it came later, people in this thread aren't really choosing the best encores, they are choosing the rarest ones.

boston2012 said:
What do you think was the best encore from any show during the tour? I have three candidates and they are all Boston shows...I know I'm biased because I was at 2 of these but just take a look...I didn't even include the 12/4 3 encores show.

May 26th: The Fly, Until The End Of The World, Out Of Control, With Or Without You, All Because Of You, Original Of The Species, Bad / 40 (snippet)

May 28th: The Fly, Until The End Of The World, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, All Because Of You, Yahweh, Party Girl, Vertigo

December 5th: Until The End Of The World, Mysterious Ways / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet) / The Battle Hymn Of The Republic (snippet), With Or Without You, Crumbs From Your Table, Instant Karma!, Yahweh, 40

Incredibly, I was at all of these shows!!!

But the Dec. 5th show was possibly in the top five shows for me all-time. What a night!!!

Back
Top Bottom