"A Celebration" would be a great addition to the set-list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
So, this song just shuffled up on the ol' I-pod and I realized that it would be a great, great addition to the set-list. It's fast moving, the backing vocals are fantastic. The chance of crowd participation would be fantastic.

It would work well at in place of one of the Boy songs or during the encore right after ABOY.

What do you think?

Actually I would love this song at the very beginning, to follow Vertigo. Like this:

01. Vertigo
02. A Celebration
03. The Electric Co.
04. Elevation
05. An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart

I would LOVE that. A reworked and more hard rocking version of A Celebration coming right after Vertigo would kick major ass! It would really keep the vibe left by Vertigo (better than I Will Follow in my opinion) and get the crowd more into the show. Bono could write new lyrics for the song, if that's what bothers him about the song, and Edge could add a slide solo there somewhere. Oh, that would be sweet! :drool:

If this song is played on Vertigo, I will need a new set of pants. Yes, it would be great, yes, it is the uptempo, old-school rocker, and yes, I love this song.

And Brazilian, that would be an incredible start to a show. For me, anyway. (I'm an early U2 nut)

liamcool said:
If this song is played on Vertigo, I will need a new set of pants. Yes, it would be great, yes, it is the uptempo, old-school rocker, and yes, I love this song.

And Brazilian, that would be an incredible start to a show. For me, anyway. (I'm an early U2 nut)

NEVER going to happen. A fan asked Bono about the song at the beginning of the tour and looked at her like she was nuts. Then said something to Edge about it shaking his head, like where is that coming from. This song will most likely never be played again and it certainly wont be this tour if it is.

Though this is one of my favorite studio songs from U2, it's not one of my favorite live songs. For some reason, the band couldn't quite pull this one off live IMO.

NEVER going to happen. A fan asked Bono about the song at the beginning of the tour and looked at her like she was nuts. Then said something to Edge about it shaking his head, like where is that coming from. This song will most likely never be played again and it certainly wont be this tour if it is.

I know, I was just saying if IT WAS...

I did that in this in the setlist thread:

01 Love And Peace Or Else
02 A Celebration
03 Sunday Bloody Sunday
04 Vertigo

flangerchorus said:
gotta admit though the video for that song was pretty horrible

they would never play that video again, stop dreaming

Chizip said:

they would never play that video again, stop dreaming

Noone would ever even dream of them playing that video again, stop expecting.

Back
Top Bottom