3rd leg encore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, not really. Remember all the complaining about those songs? (Let's not even go into the reactions to the band daring to change something about its live traditions such as the bullfight in UTEOTW and the lights during Streets that do come anyway. On the other hand, band re-uses the Zoo TV encore - down to the flashing words and Bono re-acting The fly - but hey, that's perfectly allright. Or ending with 40. Hello double standards)
It's a lot less lame than the "we don't want to hear the hits" preaching. I mean, considering the amount of back catalogue and less played songs we got on this tour - especially the arena shows.

Speaking of moaning fans, right on cue! Thought you said you'd only complain in your blog from now on...

Last edited:
U2girl said:
No, not really. Remember all the complaining about those songs?

you missed the point. there will always be some amount of fans that will complain about any one song. its all personal taste, and when you read a board like this there will always be complaing about something or another. it is inevitable. u2 have too many songs, and too many fans for them to please everyone. the people who love pop are probably a little frustrated with this tour.

for example i loved an cat dubh/into the heart- always been a favorite of mine. I really liked the zoo tv encore. i cannot stand stuck in a moment, i think its in the bottom 10 songs u2 has ever written. I think miss sarajevo is a lame b-side. thats my opinion. they could play a show that i would be estatic about just picking from songs played on this tour (like a 1st leg show with no stuck, or miss sarajevo that had an cat dubh, and running) - and then the next night play a comparitively weak show that would be disappointing to me. thats whats a little frustrating to me- in that stuck and miss sarajevo are part of a handful of songs i don't really like. there is really very little i don't want to hear at a u2 show it just so happens that they have picked two of them on this leg.

There shows are still great, but in comparison i think its legitimate to say i didn't like some of their choices, or compared to the first leg its not as good.

U2girl said:

Well...fans say they want change (at the same time drooling over the biggest rehash of the tour)

band plays Boy songs on first leg, fans moan about Ocean and Into the heart and An cat dubh

band adds Miss Sarajevo on second leg, fans moan

band adds a new encore, fans moan

I'm really unsure of what you're trying to say. Just who are you speaking of when you say fans? I never asked for "changes", variaty, or anything of the sort.I just want great, and I should have the right to expect that from U2! I want to go to the same tour that people from the 1st and 2nd leg went to!
I would take ANY setlist from the first two legs over the best from the 3rd!

You say, " band adds Miss Sarajevo on second leg, fans moan" as if this omision was trivial! Are you kidding me! How many fans do you know that DON'T love Running To Stand Still....Now tell me how many really don't care for or don't like MS...It's not even close! The MS for RTSS is a huge deal! Many of us have never heard them play it live and now we may never!

And as to us fans moaning over the new "encore", you're f#&%ing right we're gonna be uspset and frustrated!
I've never been to a concert where the acoustic set was performed during the encore! That being said, its really the choice of songs that bothers me most!
Yes U2 has a large back catalouge but still, I think that THE MAJORITY of U2 fans would agree that there are several songs that are of a "higher caliber" than FT, FC and Stuck! specially when compered to the encore performed during the first two legs. People where generally very pleased with that part of the show, and the reappearance of Zoostation!

salim117 said:

I'm really unsure of what you're trying to say. Just who are you speaking of when you say fans? I never asked for "changes", variaty, or anything of the sort.I just want great, and I should have the right to expect that from U2! I want to go to the same tour that people from the 1st and 2nd leg went to!

You say, " band adds Miss Sarajevo on second leg, fans moan" as if this omision was trivial! Are you kidding me! How many fans do you know that DON'T love Running To Stand Still....Now tell me how many really don't care for or don't like MS...It's not even close! The MS for RTSS is a huge deal! Many of us have never heard them play it live and now we may never!

And as to us fans moaning over the new "encore", you're f#&%ing right we're gonna be uspset and frustrated!
I've never been to a concert where the acoustic set was performed during the encore! That being said, its really the choice of songs that bothers me most!
Yes U2 has a large back catalouge but still, I think that THE MAJORITY of U2 fans would agree that there are several songs that are of a "higher caliber" than FT, FC and Stuck! specially when compered to the encore performed during the first two legs. People where generally very pleased with that part of the show, and the reappearance of Zoostation!
well in your case the "majority" asked for rare and obscure songs, and imo 1 song that has never been performed live before this tour and another that only made an apperance on a handful of occasions during popmart, well i would say that classes as rare and then we have the ocean which classes as obscure, i remember when they first played miss sarajevo this tour, and the "majority" were positivley gushing over it, and axver will back me up on that one, but now people complain and want a song that has already been performed on 2 previous tours in the JT tour and ZooTv,

and to say the majority want the set changing is just wrong imo, because as i have been told countless times, how can we determine the majority?

and were your saying you just want "great" well that all comes down to personal opinion, like me for instance i think this set is "great" but to make your opinion out as if you speak for everyone isnt correct

U2girl said:
Seems like anytime U2 tries variety they get shot down for it.

fleischer,

please try harder. perhaps practice posting on microsoft word before you actually try it out here.

u2 has never EVER been criticized for trying to add variety to the tour.

i honestly don't know how you come up with this stuff.

Zoomerang96 said:
fleischer,

please try harder. perhaps practice posting on microsoft word before you actually try it out here.

Honestly there's no need for that kind of comment. :|

practice makes...WORDPerfect!

:happy:

it was a 7oke, son. a 7oke.

hahahahaahhahahaahha!!!!! i'm laughing!!!!!!

hahahgahhahahahahahahahahaahaha!!!!

i'm laughing harder than that guy on feel good inc.!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA1!!!!

salim117 said:

Fans? Well obviously people who demand more 90's material, more obscure songs. More variety.

It doesn't get much more obscure than First time (not even played on Zoo TV) or Miss Sarajevo. Add to that Boy songs, Gloria, 40, AB songs - even changing the whole encore - that's variety, right?

The sheer amount of different songs on this tour has been fantastic.

Songs like Into the Heart, Miss Sarajevo or Zoo station getting played. I can't remember anyone predicting those beforehand.

And i'm surprised they haven't played Discotheque more, the Vertigo version has been AWESOME.

10/10 boys.

Now play acrobat to finish it off.

Back
Top Bottom