U2 Fan Profile : Sicy *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salomeU2000

The Fly
U2 Fan Profile : Sicy

By Devlin Smith
[SIMG]http://bonovox.interference.com/profile/sicyavatar.jpg[/SIMG]

We know each other?s avatars and sigs by heart, share jokes, go off on tangents together, but how well do we really know our fellow Interferencers? To help all of us get to know one another a little bit better, we are featuring profiles of board members.

Our first subject is Sicy, forum administrator, mafia fem don, and Sicilian Goddess.

Screen name: Sicy

What's the story behind your screen name? I originally registered here over two years ago as SicilianGoddess. Eventually people just started calling me Sicy and I liked it so I changed my screen name to Sicy.

Why did you join Interference? I had just gotten back into U2 after a few year unfortunate hiatus, and I happened to stumble across the forums while looking for ticket information to their show.

sicyprofile.jpg

When did you join Interference? January 15, 2001

How many hours a day do you spend on Interference? 12 hours a day

What?s your favorite Interference memory? Meeting about 20 interferencers in Las Vegas in November 2001. Without Interference I would have never met such wonderful people.

What is your earliest memory of U2? When I was 14 years old and I heard ?With or Without You? on the radio I fell in love with it instantly. I remember screaming while watching U2 videos with my best friend. We loved Larry :drool:

When did you first consider yourself a U2 fan? 1987

Why are you a U2 fan? There is no other band that affects me like U2. Their music just gives me chills every time I listen to it. I love what they represent, I love that they have been together, original members for over 20 years, and I love the U2 fan base.

What is your favorite U2 moment? Being at a concert, up close, surrounded by friends and other U2 fans that are feeling the same way I'm feeling as I watch them perform in front of my eyes.

Are there any lessons or insights you've gained from the band and its music? U2 gets me through every day. I wouldn?t be able to get through a workday without listening to them, they calm my stress.

Do you have a U2 dream or fantasy? Of course like every other fan, to meet one or all of them someday.

What is your favorite U2 song? ?MOFO,? ?In God's Country,? ?Lady With The Spinning Head.?

What is your favorite U2 album? ?Achtung Baby.?

What is your favorite U2 video? ?The Sweetest Thing.?

Want to nominate a fellow Interference member to be profiled? Send the who and why to carrie@interference.com!

Last edited by a moderator:
oktobergirl said:
nice article!!!!!!!! can i be next? oh wait i'm not a board member.

Anyone can be chosen to be profiled - it's not specific to mods and admins :) Sicy was chosen first as she spends countless hours a day here to make the forum a kind and fun place to visit, and is very popular with its members.

I never saw this before since I bookmark the forum page and the articles are listed on the front page. I go in from the front only occasionally at work.

Anyhow, Sicy - you are giving me warm fuzzy U2 feelings and I hope that you do get to meet them next tour!

:)

Oh, and the Sweetest Thing is such an awesome video! You can't help but smile!

BostonAnne said:
Oh, and the Sweetest Thing is such an awesome video! You can't help but smile!

Thank you. :hug: My boyfriend, daafish, actually made me a home made video out of that video for our Anniversary.... :)

Hey very cool!! Thanks for bringing back the memories :heart:

I cant believe its been that long already.

Thanks for sharing your profile! I also first listen to With or Without at the age of 10 maybe, and their music gives me chills every time I listen to it! My favorite video is also The Sweetest Thing!:cool: :)

Back
Top Bottom