private messages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celtophile

The Fly
it appears that i have recieved a private message however b/c i amnot a premium member i am not able to access the message. would it be possible to forward it to my email address?

It was probably an automated birthday message. :)
That's the only time a non premium member will receive a private message. You shouldnt receive any others.

celtophile said:
it appears that i have recieved a private message however b/c i amnot a premium member i am not able to access the message. would it be possible to forward it to my email address?
I noticed that too that I can't send or receive private messages, is there any way we can receive our messages when we're getting them sent to from other forum members?

If you are not premium, you are not getting messages from other members.

ive noticed that i never receive pm's. is it possible people could be trying to send them and they just aren't getting through??

I just tried to send you one and it bounced. Maybe you should unblock me Chizip.
down.gif

KhanadaRhodes said:

no

people just don't like you

:lmao:

...actually I shouldn't laugh. and I wouldn't, except I have a stinking suspicion that's the same reason I rarely get any PMs either. :sad:

ah well, Loki still loves me... although I'm beginning to think it's just because I'm a nice warm place to sleep. :huh:

It's probably because you switched to firefox?

Go to your sound settings and for the 'question' option, set any sound you want for that.

If that made sense.. I had to do that when I installed firefox.

:angry:

Hmm..upon further research it seems I have no idea what I'm talking about :lol: I may have confused myself.

I've actually always had a 'beep' on pm, until I got a new comp with Windows XP.. THEN I had to go into my sound settings and manually set the 'question' function so that it has a sound. For some reason it did not have a sound by default. When you get a pm pop up its a 'question'.

I dont know why it would all of a sudden stop working though :confused:

the rockin edge said:

:up: that's my thought, a beep would be very anoying. i turn beep options off on anything that lets me

It's probably because you actually get pm's on a fairly regular basis. :( Some of us pathetic people would really love to hear a damned beep. :sad: :grumpy:

(yes, I am feeling whiny today. :rolleyes: )

ok I was about to post about this --

so I'm not the only person who doesn't receive a pop-up for PMs then? I get notified and asked if I'd like to view it in a separate window, hit yes and nothing happens, so I must go to the User CP.

This doesn't happen to me often enough to really matter, I was just curious :p

Thank you Elvis for moving the Private Messages update to the top of the page instead of the very bottom!

Back
Top Bottom