Premium Feature: How Many People Ignore Me? *Beta*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is knowing how many people ignore you a bad thing? (ie. do you see any harm in it?)

• No

Votes: 44 75.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 24.1%

• Total voters
MrsSpringsteen said:

It was. So what I was asking was- who would like to log in one day and see that passwords and pm's had been made public as a new feature?

Uhm, you aren't Premium... you didn't even see this.

The list was not 'public'. It simply showed one member the people who had them on an ignore list. That is what the debate is about.... the people who had them on their own list don't want the recipient of their 'ignore' to know.

Passwords are inherently private. Thats the nature of the beast.

Private Messages are 'Private' --- it's in the name.

Ignore or Buddy Lists have never been promised to be private, although because they have been so long, many people feel that they are. I understand this feeling which is why I made the changes and this feature is no longer active.

Yes I understand all that but once one person can see who has them on ignore it's no longer private, correct? They do know, so it's not private. One person not knowing makes it no longer private, just like if one person had read a PM. And I was just waiting for the comment to be made that I'm not premium, surprised it wasn't earlier I guess. I am still allowed to give my opinion on it so I am. Should have known better perhaps. People can still see non-premium members who have them on ignore, correct?

Yes they have been private for so long so it is expected, so to do that now with no warning is just wrong-my non-premium opinion.

So I assume this applies to the discussion of it as well

We did have this feature previously and I had deactivated it.... for similar reasons as now. I did however think that people would be able to 'deal with it' in a more respectful, not so personal way. I was obviously wrong, and for that.. perhaps I made the wrong assumption.

No need to be disrespectful and personal about it. I have done my best not to do so in giving my opinion about it but I'm not here to be insulted for it, so I'm out.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
So I assume this applies to the discussion of it was well

We did have this feature previously and I had deactivated it.... for similar reasons as now. I did however think that people would be able to 'deal with it' in a more respectful, not so personal way. I was obviously wrong, and for that.. perhaps I made the wrong assumption.

No need to be disrespectful and personal about it. I have done my best not to do so in giving my opinion about it but I'm not here to be insulted for it, so I'm out.

That statement wasn't directed at you. It was a general statement, and in no way an attack on anyone, but really just an observation.

People did in fact take it personally and some even abused the feature (ie. not dealing with it respectfully). So I don't believe my statement ('I was obviously wrong, and for that.. perhaps I made the wrong assumption') was out of line in this regard.

Joel

Elvis said:

That statement wasn't directed at you. It was a general statement, and in no way an attack on anyone, but really just an observation.

People did in fact take it personally and some even abused the feature (ie. not dealing with it respectfully). So I don't believe my statement ('I was obviously wrong, and for that.. perhaps I made the wrong assumption') was out of line in this regard.

Joel

That wasn't directed at you at all, it was directed about being told to grow up and read posts because I used the ignore feature. Whatever your opinion is about that, well that's up to you :) Unless you're referring to me being told that, in which case I don't think anyone should be told to grow up for using that feature.

MrsSpringsteen said:

That wasn't directed at you at all, it was directed about being told to grow up and read posts because I used the ignore feature. Whatever your opinion is about that, well that's up to you :) Unless you're referring to me being told that, in which case I don't think anyone should be told to grow up for using that feature.

You quoted me... thus I was under the assumption you were speaking to my comments.

Who >>>>>>>>>>> How many

If I have 76 people ignoring me, or even just one person, I want to know who they are.

martha said:

You should consider showering now and then.

I would shower twice a day if I could. I's relaxing. :drool:

In any case, I'm quite sure I only have 3-5 people ignoring me, and those do so because I am unable to bathe my personality. :down:

Well I thought about it at work for a bit (yes sad I know but it shows I care) and I think it there should be no who ignores me/how many thing at all.

It's only going to end in tears.

Well put it down to people being lazy but usually the yes button is on top of the no button. And also because the title of the thread is the opposite of the question. :)

COBL_04 said:
Well put it down to people being lazy but usually the yes button is on top of the no button. And also because the title of the thread is the opposite of the question. :)

The title of the thread is the name of the feature....

And the question 'How Many People Ignore Me?' can't really be answered with a 'yes' or 'no' ;)

I know that the argument has been over for a while, but I think you should consider this if another one arrives: I think that paying members' opinions should have more weight on paying member issues than those other people who coast through this site for free.

PlaTheGreat said:
I know that the argument has been over for a while, but I think you should consider this if another one arrives: I think that paying members' opinions should have more weight on paying member issues than those other people who coast through this site for free.

QFTMFT :up:

PlaTheGreat said:
I think that paying members' opinions should have more weight on paying member issues than those other people who coast through this site for free.

When it comes to new features I do take Premium suggestions into consideration first. Premiums Members support this site, so it's really a no brainer.

I do take 'free' member suggestions into consideration, but I evaluate their benefit in very different ways... and thats usually how my decision is made. For instance.. I'm considering making it possible for Mods to be able to PM anyone, and anyone to PM Mods, Premium or not. But you see... that's more of a benefit for the site management than it is for free members.

PlaTheGreat said:
I know that the argument has been over for a while

Just an FYI.... the argument isnt over. Thats why I've got the polls running.

My decision isn't final, yet.... but thats not to say its going to be based purely on polls.

PlaTheGreat said:

I do agree, but that's a pretty harsh way of putting it. And it's the not the world's easiest thing to do if you don't live in the States or have a credit card.

Back
Top Bottom