New Blog Software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
The techies have upgraded the blogs to the latest software. You will be happy to know that we can now get rid of the random blog entry feature. I know everyone hated it.

Some of the new features in Blog 2 include:

* Blog Customization - users may customize their blogs in the same manner that they can customize their user profiles.
* Group Blogs - users may allow other users to post to their blog.
* Sidebar Blocks - users may create custom blocks to display in their sidebar. These blocks can be rearranged by drag and drop.
* Custom Pages - users may create custom pages to be displayed in their blog.
* Tags - tag support has been included.
* Featured Entry Manager - multiple entries can be featured on the blog home page now.
* Private Entries - users may set specific entries to be private while leaving their blog open.
* Admin Categories - admins may define categories now.

There are many more new features and enhancements included. :wave:

Hey Christine...how the hell did you change the color and all that stuff on your blog?
I can't figure it out.
...and yes, it sounds weird to call her Christine.....

So why are you calling me that :eyebrow:

Blog Control Panel --> Customize Blog Style

After you click on Blog Control Panel, do you have this list?

blog.jpg

i have a suggestion.. What are the chances that color templates could be added as a option? You know, already set color schemes that you could just choose as a option. For me, it was pretty time consuming to select all the colors, borders, blocks for every detail.. And I am not good at throwing colors together to get it to look nice.. Just a thought...

i have a suggestion.. What are the chances that color templates could be added as a option? You know, already set color schemes that you could just choose as a option. For me, it was pretty time consuming to select all the colors, borders, blocks for every detail.. And I am not good at throwing colors together to get it to look nice.. Just a thought...

That would be a big help... I'm not very savvy when it comes to creating web pages... I have no idea what to do or what all those terms mean... Right now i can't even figure out how to change the color of the journal... :reject:

I know it looks a little confusing but once you mess around with it its pretty easy. If you click on the text color boxes in the customization panel, you can just select the colors you want, etc. Plus you can also preview it before you save it. Not sure if they have standard themes, I can ask though.

Back
Top Bottom