losing messages to "full" box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
This has happened a few times; maybe nothing can be done about it. It seems to be a two-fold problem.
1) A number of times I have written a lengthy message to someone, only to find once I have clicked 'send" that this person's box is full. The message is then lost, and has to be re-written at another time. There doesn't seem to be any way to retrieve the message that was written, or prevent it from being lost. It's very frustrating.
2) The person's box is not actually full, but is sending the signal that it is full, even at around 35%-40% capacity. Why is that?

Thanks for your help!

The inbox % only counts towards messages in the inbox. Not the sent messages folder or message tracking folder. The messages in these folders also need to be deleted periodically along with the inbox messages to keep the capacity down.

All I can really suggest for losing messages is to always copy your message before clicking send. I have gotten into the habit of doing this because I it is indeed very frustrating to lose a long reply you've typed out.

I'm sorry Biff, I know I had a full box (not litter box, well, that too):hug:

I feel so bad, I know how frustrating that is. I copy now too since I used to lose a lot of posts when I clicked submit and it said I was logged out, then when I logged in it said 'no thread specified' and I lost it :scream: Sometimes you can get it back from clicking 'back' until you get to what you wrote, sometimes this does not work for whatever weird reason. Again, I'm sorry. I really don't get the 'full' box thing at only 23 % which is what I have. Even if I still had every sent and tracked message to match that 23 % it will still only be 69% :crazy: so I can't understand it saying full so soon!

Kitty, I wasn't mad at you; I just wondered if there was some way around this problem, or if some clever person could devise a way around it. (And I don't know about you, but Sunday is litter box cleaning day in my house; it's Rupert's favourite day!)
Sicy, LOL at the "he".

Thanks Biff :hug: I cleaned my litter box last night! So am I not the only one who at first mistook you for a guy :huh: :reject: :eek:

There is definitely something wrong with my box. There is no way it could be full at 22%, even if it had matching messages in tracking and sent which it does not. I don't see how it could be any more than 68% full at best. It used to fill up at 33%, which is understandable, but since then it hits full at lower and lower numbers and this should not happen. It's very annoying. No wonder no one wants to mess with pm'ing me:sigh:

Just thinking about what you said, Sicy: Why does the % only count what's in the in box? Why doesn't it give a true register of overall fullness, since this is what determines capacity to accept new messages?

U2Kitten said:
There is definitely something wrong with my box. There is no way it could be full at 22%, even if it had matching messages in tracking and sent which it does not. I don't see how it could be any more than 68% full at best. It used to fill up at 33%, which is understandable, but since then it hits full at lower and lower numbers and this should not happen. It's very annoying. No wonder no one wants to mess with pm'ing me:sigh:

I'm sure someone has asked you this before, but when you go to delete your old/sent messages, are you using the drop-down menu to pull them ALL up?

I usually have to do that and select either "from the beginning" or "the past year" to clear them all out.

Back
Top Bottom