Interference Plebiscite: Abdicate or Mediate - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 12:06 PM   #331
The Fly

Local Time: 10:41 AM
It is The Edge, no doubt.

He knows too much. I don't know why people don't just - "enjoy the moment".

There's just too many things he knows. For instance - Vertigo was FMJ / Native Son. How would anybody else know this ?

His description of songs is correct. LAPOE for example. How would anybody know how this song sounds. UNCUT mentions heavy metal guitars and this is how The Edge described the song -"An heavy mother" - And The Edge told us this a week before the Magazine came out.

Old 10-10-2004, 12:13 PM   #332
Refugee

Local Time: 02:41 AM
The heavy guitars in LAPOE were evident to anyone who listened to the leaked Spaniard clips several days before The Edge started posting.

As for the marrying of FMJ and another song to create Vertigo, I have no answer to that one. Is that the only "exclusive" information The Edge has revealed in his posts?

Old 10-10-2004, 12:16 PM   #333
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2girl
I don't know if this was mentioned before but isn't it odd that the official site U2.com never said A WORD about

the interview
Ask the Edge thing
Edge posting
you're right, but i tend to look at it the opposite way that you do. u2.com is pretty quick to disspell rumours. how quick did they expose the solar and tickets hoaxes? but yet they've not said a thing about this on their site. don't you guys think they'd say something on the site? and so what if someone at pm has said no band members post online...how many times has a publicist dined a rumour only for it to be true? a publicist says "no britney and justin aren't on the rocks" then their brerak-up is announced days later.

i've tried to stay out of this thread and just read it, not posting anything. but members of the team here are getting yelled at and accused. i don't know how much more i'll post here since it's becoming more and more apparent that the doubters here are just wanting elvis to post that this whole thing was fake. i doubt some of you here really want this to be the edge.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #334
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:41 AM
I don't really care whether it is The Edge or not as far that I have nothing I particularly like to ask him
my interest doesn't go beyond the music
and I'm quite sure he won't give us any info on the album or the tour before hand nor will he want to explain Bono's lyrics (hardly any artist wants to do this, let alone when it's someone else's lyrics)

I do want to know whether this is The Edge or not though, mainly because if it is The Edge that would be really something
and if it isn't The Edge that would also be really something
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 10-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #335
Refugee

Is Edge Tinkerbell? Does he cease to exist if we don't believe in him?

I can, of course, only speak for myself here, but I did want to believe that The Edge was who he and Elvis calimed he was. That would be pretty cool to have a member of the band posting here, interacting with us. But--again, for me--as time went on and The Edge made more posts and more evidence came to light, I began to doubt that The Edge was THE Edge. Of course it would be great if it were really him, but I doubt that it is.

Elvis' weak mea culpas thusfar should be indicative of what his eventual posts will entail.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:07 PM   #336
The Fly

If it's an hoax then it's a very good one.

I think it's him.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:10 PM   #337
Refugee

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan
Old 10-10-2004, 01:36 PM   #338
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by biff

Yes it is, so the question is, what proofs did you require, and what proofs did you receive? It's as simple as that.

(And FullonEdge2, Edge wasn't in Chernobyl, but I believe he attended a showing of a movie about Chernobyl, Atomic Heart.)
Haha. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

And again with LPOE: From the clip you can tell there is a bluesy riff and such, but I never would have thought it to have sounded like Led Zeppelin. But then Edge calls it a heavy mother, and then the magazine (I don't care to check which one) says it's the closest they've sounded to Led Zeppelin. Now he also said COBL has a very strong bass line. If it does, we have more proof that this is the Edge.

The bottom line is this: If someone (perhaps an Interference staff member) is making all of this up, a ton of credibility is going to be lost. If I had to place a bet, I don't think this is a bluff of any kind. This is officially the real thing.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:39 PM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:41 PM
I was hoping this would be resolved whilst I slept.

But its not.

Truely this is vile.

Im out

peace
Old 10-10-2004, 02:40 PM   #340
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 05:41 AM
*continues to eat popcorn while watching this all unfold*
Old 10-10-2004, 02:41 PM   #341
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by FullonEdge2
How can this not be the Edge? He told us FMJ was on the album as a child to two other songs. He told us that before Adam told the magazine that Vertigo came from FMJ and Native Son. The Edge knows what he's talking about. Plus, he didn't post for a while, which is the period when he was in Chernobyl. I believe he sincerely cares about the fans and enjoys discussion about the band.

Also, both The Edge and Dalkey Beach mentioned an instrumental being on the LP. When we get the album, we will know for sure if they are real.

As for me though, I have no doubt that this is the Edge. officially the real thing.
More people need to read this.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #342
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
u2.com is pretty quick to disspell rumours. how quick did they expose the solar and tickets hoaxes? but yet they've not said a thing about this on their site. don't you guys think they'd say something on the site? and so what if someone at pm has said no band members post online...how many times has a publicist dined a rumour only for it to be true? a publicist says "no britney and justin aren't on the rocks" then their brerak-up is announced days later.
These are the 2 main reasons why I still believe...
Old 10-10-2004, 04:25 PM   #343
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

uh, i just read this thread and i guess all i can add is this:

if it is the edge, cool. if it's not the edge, well, lame attempt, but whatever.

unless the edge is going to promise me guitar lessons on here, i dont really care if its him or not.

the edge posting here isn't the reason any of us came to this site. it's a completely recent development.

joel seems to have nothing to gain but everything to lose by creating an edge "hoax." this is why i believe him, and if it turns out it was a hoax, i'll still be posting here. it really does not make any more of an impact on my life than a bug bite, maybe even more minimal than that if it really isnt the edge.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:37 PM   #344
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

He already said, he was afraid of getting banned.

And if you have read this entire thread, including posts by Angela and brook, and the picture gaffe mentioned by u2dork, and still have no doubts about "Edge", you are not being realistic. The evidence presented has been more than logical.
Brook is a new poster. If he/she is an "old-timer" but using a new name, then this should be stated, but as it stands, I have no reason to believe Brook over anyone else.

Angela's comments are valid, however, she also has other issues with Elvis, hence there might be some bias.

You, U2Kitten, obviously are not a fan of Katey whatsoever. You have doubted her from the very start. As such, you are unbiased too.

All of that said, I too have noticed some strange things well before anyone pointed them out here. For example, how quickly Elvis will post when Edge posts. The fact that the Edge's picture in PLEBA appears to be the picture that Elvis took in 2000. And the fact that only Elvis has been able to state that this is the "real thing".

What's most damaging now is the fact that Elvis wrote that he's in some sort of discussion with U2's management to "resolve" issues. What issues are these? I thought Elvis was positive this was The Edge! Is Elvis trying to get definitive proof that this is The Edge or is Elvis asking The Edge to do something that proves it is him so that it ends all doubt? Or is Elvis now doubting the authenticity of this poster? If the latter, this is very disconcerting.

So while I was a believer for quite some time, I now have my doubts too. They started with the "terrorist" comment (which I did respond to, albeit as my alter) and the poem Edge quoted (which I didn't find nearly as though-provoking or unique as Edge seemed to make it). Elvis' comment about "resolving" the issue just adds to this. If Edge is proven to be yet another fake, then I will be sorely disappointed.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:20 PM   #345
New Yorker

Quote:
Brook is a new poster. If he/she is an "old-timer" but using a new name, then this should be stated, but as it stands, I have no reason to believe Brook over anyone else.
fyi

She did state that it is a new name but one of the earliest posters. (page 10)