Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Inside Broadcast
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #241
The Fly

Local Time: 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
And I would hate to think that anyone thinks that the moderating team has anything to do with any of this, no matter what the outcome, because we only know what we have been told by Elvis, like everyone else.
Agreed. In my original post the message was directed towards Elvis' actions, and it was not intended to be deflected onto the rest of the staff. The harsh words directed to the moderators and other admins has been out of line. I'll take responsibility for the direction of the thread, with the hope that we will all respect the fact that the majority of the staff is sitting in the same boat as us.

cujo

Old 10-09-2004, 06:57 PM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:24 PM
Sicy, despite my suspicions about certain members of staff, not only do I not blame you mods, I even feel very sorry for you being caught in this position, and I made an earlier post about it in case you missed it. Just wanted to make sure you know that.

Old 10-09-2004, 06:57 PM   #243
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy

I'm glad someone posted this. While we are all indeed a team and are here to support Elvis and the site, I have been trying to steer clear of this mess because honestly, I dont even know what the hell is going on and I'm an admin! And I would hate to think that anyone thinks that the moderating team has anything to do with any of this, no matter what the outcome, because we only know what we have been told by Elvis, like everyone else.
Sicy, I personally bear you no ill will in this matter. (nor Pax, and BonosLoveSlave, etc ) All of my questions in this thread have been directed at Elvis.

I agree with ThatGuy and Cujo. I personally believe the best thing is for the sideways conversations to cease and for all future posts in this thread to be either:
a) questions to Elvis
b) answers from Elvis

Just my $0.02 worth

peace

Edited: to add "and Cujo" as he posted whilst I typed.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:58 PM   #244
Refugee

Local Time: 12:24 PM
I have heard some stories from a former interferencer about Elvis that are not too kind, I wont re-tell them for fear of being banned myself.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:02 PM   #245
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by kennerado
I have heard some stories from a former interferencer about Elvis that are not too kind, I wont re-tell them for fear of being banned myself.

Wait a second...why are some of you acting like Elvis is the head of the Gestapo or something? You can say whatever the hell you feel like....but to insinuate something besmirching and not even back it up with the reasoning that caused you to say what you did is tactless.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:17 PM   #246
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:24 PM
I'm so glad the mods are not being held accountable. Sometimes the oblique reference to the site's owner needs to distinguish such things.

But that said, Elvis like I said to you, it isn't even you I doubted all this time. You can be as fooled as anyone.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:31 PM   #247
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

Wait a second...why are some of you acting like Elvis is the head of the Gestapo or something? You can say whatever the hell you feel like....but to insinuate something besmirching and not even back it up with the reasoning that caused you to say what you did is tactless.
I never said he was fucking evil you idiot.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:33 PM   #248
Blue Crack Addict

First of all, I'm not an idiot. I'm surprised at your nerve to talk to someone here that way.

Secondly, did I have the word 'evil' in my post...no. If you have something to say then say it, but don't hint at ruining someone's reputation without backing it up.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:35 PM   #249
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
I never said he was fucking evil you idiot.
PLEASE no name calling.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:36 PM   #250
War Child

Quote:

I never said he was f.....g evil you idiot.
Well I betcha this thread will be closed now
Old 10-09-2004, 07:38 PM   #251
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by brownda7

Well I betcha this thread will be closed now
I hope not...
Old 10-09-2004, 07:39 PM   #252
War Child

same I just spent an hour reading the whole thing with a bowl of gelato..It was better than TV
Old 10-09-2004, 07:39 PM   #253
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by starsgoblue

*cough*

staff, and i mean here mods and the like, are privy to certain information. information which is available on this site's database. conclusions can be reached by looking into certain things and those conclusions can only be as factual as the truth allows. all staff here are required to adhere to confidentiality obviously hence the lack of publicly advertised information on both sides. this has now become a public debate as regular members who have no access to such information are legitimately asking questions as well. see cujo and beli's replies in here for this. my doubting has been a thorn in management's side ever since i began voicing concerns.

have you considered that perhaps the same amount of faith which is bestowed on the believers, needs to be passed on to those who doubt?

kennerado being agressive isn't going to achieve much.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:42 PM   #254
Refugee

I apologise for the outburst.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:42 PM   #255
The Fly

Local Time: 02:24 AM
Well, I was determined to stay out of this thread, but I switched the TV channel just now and "The Oxbow Incident" is on PBS. Coincidence?!

Peace.