Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed? - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > Band Meetings and Sightings
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i always hate that the word "snubbed" is used in these situations. the band members don't owe anyone their time.
I have to agree with this. I have met U2 once and felt very fortunate after years of trying. But I've been passed by many times before that. Sometimes, the situation doesn't really allow them to spend time. Fans tend to lose their shit when Bono walks out and security isn't going to let him go out if it looks crazy. Also, if it's at a show, they usually have interviews going on backstage...so they may not have time to spend out with the fans. Like someone else said, they are human and have bad days too. Doesn't make it any less of a bummer but they really don't have to spend time with any of us or may just not feel like it. I have met bands who are a lot smaller than U2 and who are straight up assholes to their fans. We're pretty fortunate to be fans of a band who gives a shit about any of us, really.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chels82 View Post
I have to agree with this. I have met U2 once and felt very fortunate after years of trying. But I've been passed by many times before that. Sometimes, the situation doesn't really allow them to spend time. Fans tend to lose their shit when Bono walks out and security isn't going to let him go out if it looks crazy. Also, if it's at a show, they usually have interviews going on backstage...so they may not have time to spend out with the fans. Like someone else said, they are human and have bad days too. Doesn't make it any less of a bummer but they really don't have to spend time with any of us or may just not feel like it. I have met bands who are a lot smaller than U2 and who are straight up assholes to their fans. We're pretty fortunate to be fans of a band who gives a shit about any of us, really.
Exactly! And they don't have to see any fans if they don't want to. I haven't met U2 but I know they love the fans and try to give back as much as they can. I am just really glad they're still making music! Would I love to meet U2? Absolutely! Would I break down and cry and never listen to them again if I don't? No. That's just childish IMO. If you get "snubbed" then tough luck. Just, like chels82 said, be glad they care at all.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 05:05 AM
I agree that snubbed is strong, but is prob used because the person who received that got 'hurt' - TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE!

but as said, they would have time set aside to come say hi, but on the whole, cannot give full undivided attention to everyone.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #94
The Fly

Local Time: 04:05 AM
Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?

Is this true? If so, Sorry, no excuse. You don't tell anyone to FOAD when a fan asks about the ONE Campaign. I mean, no excuse. I have been fortunate enough to meet Edge, Adam, and Bono, but Bono is arrogant and has an attitude. Which, by the way, I feel is no excuse. I know that he gets hasselled all the time and that he has no privacy, but GUESS WHAT FOLKS...THAT IS WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #95
The Fly

Local Time: 04:05 AM
Sorry.....stopped too soon. NOw, don't get me wrong....I LOVE BONO, BUT I also feel that he should never be rude unless someone is being rude to him or crossing the line. But to tell someone to FOAD when asked about the ONE campaign is dispicable and I hope it is not true. I love Bono and I know that he is human like the rest of us, and we all get in our moods and have bad days, but when you make the money he makes (411 million U2 made with the last tour) then you should suck it up and put a smile on your face because the fans are the ones giving you your paycheck you arrogant jerk! I love Bono, but be nice to ALL OF YOUR FANS because you wouldn't be riding in that MASERATI or flying to your many homes or living such a fabulous life without them!
Old 12-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #96
Acrobat

I'm pretty sure that was a joke Mary.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #97
Refugee

I've seen Bono several times, I only talked to him once, the others I felt that he was on his private time and I didn't want to trespass, but when I could talk to him, he was really nice and interested in what I had to say, he made me feel comfortable from the first second, that's why I find it so difficult to beleive some of the stories people tell.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Iris View Post
Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?

Is this true? If so, Sorry, no excuse. You don't tell anyone to FOAD when a fan asks about the ONE Campaign. I mean, no excuse. I have been fortunate enough to meet Edge, Adam, and Bono, but Bono is arrogant and has an attitude. Which, by the way, I feel is no excuse. I know that he gets hasselled all the time and that he has no privacy, but GUESS WHAT FOLKS...THAT IS WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!!
umm.. not buying anything of what you are saying.. can you give us more info behind the 'supposed incident'... This is pretty vague if you ask me and I find it very hard to believe.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Sorry.....stopped too soon. NOw, don't get me wrong....I LOVE BONO, BUT I also feel that he should never be rude unless someone is being rude to him or crossing the line. But to tell someone to FOAD when asked about the ONE campaign is dispicable and I hope it is not true. I love Bono and I know that he is human like the rest of us, and we all get in our moods and have bad days, but when you make the money he makes (411 million U2 made with the last tour) then you should suck it up and put a smile on your face because the fans are the ones giving you your paycheck you arrogant jerk! I love Bono, but be nice to ALL OF YOUR FANS because you wouldn't be riding in that MASERATI or flying to your many homes or living such a fabulous life without them!
oh that's real nice.. and just so understanding ... not. Honestly you expect any of us to believe you when you don't give more background behind this and just make a random statement like that?

funny this is in your profile
Quote:
Have you met U2?
Yes. They are awesome. Very nice.
quite the opposite of what you are saying here..don't ya think?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #100
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
umm.. not buying anything of what you are saying.. can you give us more info behind the 'supposed incident'... This is pretty vague if you ask me and I find it very hard to believe.
I sort of got the idea that the first paragraph of her post is supposed to be something she's quoting...?

And yeah, I don't buy it, either. I've met him, and so have many, many others around here. That's one of the most unBono-like things I've ever heard.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I sort of got the idea that the first paragraph of her post is supposed to be something she's quoting...?

And yeah, I don't buy it, either. I've met him, and so have many, many others around here. That's one of the most unBono-like things I've ever heard.

if so but its REALLY HARD TO TELL..

its so ridiculous it makes me think she ran into the a-hole impersonator that we all know and love so much..That would fit so much more.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #102
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Maybe it was Larry in disguise.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Maybe it was Larry in disguise.
hahaha! I think you are onto something! ftw!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #104
Acrobat

You guys, she's quoting from this, which is on page four of this thread...and has a smiley face.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #105
Acrobat

Oops still can't figure out how to insert quotes.