Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed? - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > Band Meetings and Sightings
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 AM   #91
Refugee
 
chels82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: FresNo Line on the Horizon
Posts: 1,227
Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i always hate that the word "snubbed" is used in these situations. the band members don't owe anyone their time.
I have to agree with this. I have met U2 once and felt very fortunate after years of trying. But I've been passed by many times before that. Sometimes, the situation doesn't really allow them to spend time. Fans tend to lose their shit when Bono walks out and security isn't going to let him go out if it looks crazy. Also, if it's at a show, they usually have interviews going on backstage...so they may not have time to spend out with the fans. Like someone else said, they are human and have bad days too. Doesn't make it any less of a bummer but they really don't have to spend time with any of us or may just not feel like it. I have met bands who are a lot smaller than U2 and who are straight up assholes to their fans. We're pretty fortunate to be fans of a band who gives a shit about any of us, really.
__________________

__________________
chels82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
theedgeu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Secretly listening to a U2 record that's beyond the greatness of Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree while eating brownies. In The Hive™.
Posts: 4,848
Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chels82 View Post
I have to agree with this. I have met U2 once and felt very fortunate after years of trying. But I've been passed by many times before that. Sometimes, the situation doesn't really allow them to spend time. Fans tend to lose their shit when Bono walks out and security isn't going to let him go out if it looks crazy. Also, if it's at a show, they usually have interviews going on backstage...so they may not have time to spend out with the fans. Like someone else said, they are human and have bad days too. Doesn't make it any less of a bummer but they really don't have to spend time with any of us or may just not feel like it. I have met bands who are a lot smaller than U2 and who are straight up assholes to their fans. We're pretty fortunate to be fans of a band who gives a shit about any of us, really.
Exactly! And they don't have to see any fans if they don't want to. I haven't met U2 but I know they love the fans and try to give back as much as they can. I am just really glad they're still making music! Would I love to meet U2? Absolutely! Would I break down and cry and never listen to them again if I don't? No. That's just childish IMO. If you get "snubbed" then tough luck. Just, like chels82 said, be glad they care at all.
__________________

__________________
theedgeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #93
ONE
love, blood, life
 
mad1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Posts: 13,153
Local Time: 05:05 AM
I agree that snubbed is strong, but is prob used because the person who received that got 'hurt' - TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE!

but as said, they would have time set aside to come say hi, but on the whole, cannot give full undivided attention to everyone.
__________________
mad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:25 PM   #94
The Fly
 
Mary Iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 45
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?

Is this true? If so, Sorry, no excuse. You don't tell anyone to FOAD when a fan asks about the ONE Campaign. I mean, no excuse. I have been fortunate enough to meet Edge, Adam, and Bono, but Bono is arrogant and has an attitude. Which, by the way, I feel is no excuse. I know that he gets hasselled all the time and that he has no privacy, but GUESS WHAT FOLKS...THAT IS WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!!
__________________
Mary Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #95
The Fly
 
Mary Iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 45
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Sorry.....stopped too soon. NOw, don't get me wrong....I LOVE BONO, BUT I also feel that he should never be rude unless someone is being rude to him or crossing the line. But to tell someone to FOAD when asked about the ONE campaign is dispicable and I hope it is not true. I love Bono and I know that he is human like the rest of us, and we all get in our moods and have bad days, but when you make the money he makes (411 million U2 made with the last tour) then you should suck it up and put a smile on your face because the fans are the ones giving you your paycheck you arrogant jerk! I love Bono, but be nice to ALL OF YOUR FANS because you wouldn't be riding in that MASERATI or flying to your many homes or living such a fabulous life without them!
__________________
Mary Iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #96
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Petaluma, CA
Posts: 359
Local Time: 05:05 AM
I'm pretty sure that was a joke Mary.
__________________
MissMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #97
Refugee
 
Marien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: where the sea meets the sky
Posts: 1,588
Local Time: 05:05 AM
I've seen Bono several times, I only talked to him once, the others I felt that he was on his private time and I didn't want to trespass, but when I could talk to him, he was really nice and interested in what I had to say, he made me feel comfortable from the first second, that's why I find it so difficult to beleive some of the stories people tell.
__________________
Marien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:35 PM   #98
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Iris View Post
Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?

Is this true? If so, Sorry, no excuse. You don't tell anyone to FOAD when a fan asks about the ONE Campaign. I mean, no excuse. I have been fortunate enough to meet Edge, Adam, and Bono, but Bono is arrogant and has an attitude. Which, by the way, I feel is no excuse. I know that he gets hasselled all the time and that he has no privacy, but GUESS WHAT FOLKS...THAT IS WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!!
umm.. not buying anything of what you are saying.. can you give us more info behind the 'supposed incident'... This is pretty vague if you ask me and I find it very hard to believe.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Iris View Post
Sorry.....stopped too soon. NOw, don't get me wrong....I LOVE BONO, BUT I also feel that he should never be rude unless someone is being rude to him or crossing the line. But to tell someone to FOAD when asked about the ONE campaign is dispicable and I hope it is not true. I love Bono and I know that he is human like the rest of us, and we all get in our moods and have bad days, but when you make the money he makes (411 million U2 made with the last tour) then you should suck it up and put a smile on your face because the fans are the ones giving you your paycheck you arrogant jerk! I love Bono, but be nice to ALL OF YOUR FANS because you wouldn't be riding in that MASERATI or flying to your many homes or living such a fabulous life without them!
oh that's real nice.. and just so understanding ... not. Honestly you expect any of us to believe you when you don't give more background behind this and just make a random statement like that?


funny this is in your profile
Quote:
Have you met U2?
Yes. They are awesome. Very nice.
quite the opposite of what you are saying here..don't ya think?
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM   #100
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Iris View Post
Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?

Is this true? If so, Sorry, no excuse. You don't tell anyone to FOAD when a fan asks about the ONE Campaign. I mean, no excuse. I have been fortunate enough to meet Edge, Adam, and Bono, but Bono is arrogant and has an attitude. Which, by the way, I feel is no excuse. I know that he gets hasselled all the time and that he has no privacy, but GUESS WHAT FOLKS...THAT IS WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
umm.. not buying anything of what you are saying.. can you give us more info behind the 'supposed incident'... This is pretty vague if you ask me and I find it very hard to believe.
I sort of got the idea that the first paragraph of her post is supposed to be something she's quoting...?

And yeah, I don't buy it, either. I've met him, and so have many, many others around here. That's one of the most unBono-like things I've ever heard.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:47 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
I sort of got the idea that the first paragraph of her post is supposed to be something she's quoting...?

And yeah, I don't buy it, either. I've met him, and so have many, many others around here. That's one of the most unBono-like things I've ever heard.


if so but its REALLY HARD TO TELL..


its so ridiculous it makes me think she ran into the a-hole impersonator that we all know and love so much..That would fit so much more.
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #102
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 11:05 PM
Maybe it was Larry in disguise.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Fanatic4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: nowhere..........man
Posts: 20,254
Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
Maybe it was Larry in disguise.
hahaha! I think you are onto something! ftw!
__________________
U2Fanatic4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:55 AM   #104
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Petaluma, CA
Posts: 359
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?


You guys, she's quoting from this, which is on page four of this thread...and has a smiley face.
__________________
MissMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #105
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Petaluma, CA
Posts: 359
Local Time: 05:05 AM
Oops still can't figure out how to insert quotes.
__________________

__________________
MissMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com