U2 Invasion of Cleveland - Feb. 7th - 9th - Interference.com - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2003, 12:26 AM   #46
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WILATW
So for those holding out hope upon hope that U2 will be at the Saturday premeire party, they won't.
I was thinking there was probably going to be a special "industry" only invite party sometime prior to Saturday where the Press and other "Big" people could go see the exhibit, and I just found out that there is such a thing occuring sometime earlier in the week prior to the Saturday party.
So I hope no one got their hopes up that U2 would be at the premiere party.
Thanks
-Tim

I agree that they most likely won't be there.... but I am curious, what are your sources?

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:23 AM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by WILATW
So for those holding out hope upon hope that U2 will be at the Saturday premeire party, they won't.
I was thinking there was probably going to be a special "industry" only invite party sometime prior to Saturday where the Press and other "Big" people could go see the exhibit, and I just found out that there is such a thing occuring sometime earlier in the week prior to the Saturday party.
So I hope no one got their hopes up that U2 would be at the premiere party.
Thanks
-Tim

The Press has a special early entrance to the exhibit on Saturday from 430pm to 630pm.

Old 01-24-2003, 10:54 AM   #48
The Fly

Local Time: 10:38 PM
Actually Tim--
I WAS hoping they would be there Saturday. Bummer. So! Who/Where filled you in on this fact?? --also--then 'who' will be at the premiere party?? just the members of the museum?
Now i'm wondering if i should hold off going until the Spring Fan Celebration is planned--not sure 'who' puts that one on.
thanks
kelly
Old 01-24-2003, 11:17 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by kellystefanie

Now i'm wondering if i should hold off going until the Spring Fan Celebration is planned--not sure 'who' puts that one on.
thanks
kelly

No information has been released re: who will appear at the Press exhibit party, at least, not publicly, and not to attendees as of yet.

Re: the Spring Fan event - this is put on by the Hall of Fame, as I've seen on the HoF website.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:06 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Subido
"I must admit that Sherry and her organization, along with Linda from Columbus had a big hand in my planning decisions for the weekend, recommending the band and especially in helping
promote the event. So to say that they are not involved in this event is false, they have been very involved. However, the event is a Hard Rock event and I do want to recognize the impact that atU2 has had on the planning of the event and hopefully on the turnout. "

George Manias
Sales Manager
Hard Rock Cafe-Cleveland
Maybe you'd like to show the ENTIRE email? lol.

Quote:
This e-mail is intended for Sherry and Joel:

I wanted to clarify a few things in regards to the U2 weekend. I believe that this weekend has the potential to be a great time for EVERYBODY. The Hard Rock Cafe and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are a great compliment for each other and I have worked hard to create a very solid relationship with them for events such as these. I have been bombarded by calls and e-mails in regards to who is putting on this specific event. I am not quite sure why that should matter to anyone, but I want to go on record with the following. The Hard Rock Cafe Cleveland is putting on this event! I have some partners who are sponsoring the event, Killians for example, who will offer great drink specials and prizes, who will help pay for the band and advertising, all in efforts to insure that this will be a good time. I must admit that Sherry and her organization, along with Linda from Columbus had a big hand in my planning decisions for the weekend, recommending the band and especially in helping promote the event. So to say that they are not involved in this event is false, they have been very involved. However, the event is a Hard Rock event and I do want to recognize the impact that atU2 has had on the planning of the event and hopefully on the turnout. Please do not contact me with any further inquiries to who is hosting the event because I have many other events to plan and execute along with this one. However, feel free to contact me with any other questions regarding the event. Please know that everybody is welcome to enjoy the festivities and that the cover charges are the same for everyone. And remember the motto of the Hard Rock Cafe...."Love All-Serve All"

George Manias
Sales Manager
Hard Rock Cafe-Cleveland

As I have replied on another mailing list directly to Sheryr:
Quote:
And I never made any claims stating otherwise. I replied to your private email Sherry, thanks for not having the same respect to reply to mine.

Enough of this pettiness and ego. For gawd sakes, cant we all just go and party?

I'm sick of people putting words in my mouth, make false statements, and accusing me of fraud. I have had an agreement with George at the HRC Cleveland, I have never claimed this to be an Interference.com party, cuz i really don't care whose name is on it. I just want as many people as possible to go, which is why I'm offering a lower rate to my members, which the difference is being paid for by ME, out of MY pocket.

End your witch hunt, and grow up.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:29 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik Subido
I'm not Sherry. I'm not picking a fight either, actually, and I'm not going to Cleveland. I hope y'all have a good time, really. I think it's a hoot that this has been blown up to ridiculous proportions over what group of fans is more loyal or worthy, like a religious war almost, and it's being taken way too seriously. I mean, it's just stuff from a band we like with a soundtrack by some tribute band- the very idea of which is kind of silly, if you ask me.
EXACTLY!

Keep in mind, I never said anything against atu2 or Sherry. I wasnt the one whining and strutting my ego. But... Im not going to sit here and take such petty shite said about me. As Ive said many time b4... I do this for the fun of it. period.
FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:57 PM   #52
The Fly

Local Time: 10:38 PM
other things to do in cleveland opening weekend....

to all:

For your information i have found out that another U2 tribute band is also playing in Cleveland that weekend..

ZOO Station
Flannery's Irish Pub Feb. 7 & 8
323 Prospect Ave. Cleve. oh.
(216) 781- 1346
www.flannerys.com
www.zoostation.biz
i don't know about a cover charge as soon as i know i will post the info.

I am posting the info not because i am supporting one band or another or one website or another... i am simply informing the u2 fans...the more things to do the better...

I will be in cleveland feb 7 & 8. i a plan to see both tribute acts...

remember why we are all going to cleveland in the first place.

sam
Old 01-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #53
Babyface

Local Time: 05:38 PM
See my problem with this isn't about who is taking credit for it. Pretty much every functioning U2 fan group was planning on meeting up in Cleveland, the vast majority probably opted for HRC. The thing is that a cover charge has been placed on it, well after the initial announcements about a band and what not.
15 dollars is a bit extreme to see Elevation, trust me, I've seen them 20+ times. So now then, I'm not up for appettizers, if I want to eat, I'll get my own. So what else are they offering? U2 Memorbilia? Ok, that's cool. I can see that, what else? Contests? ok, for what?
Yes I know it's a restaraunt, they are supposed to make money, but the manager even said he has picked up a sponsorship from Killian's to help defray the costs.
HRC puts on a show every weekend, and I've never heard of a cover charge being placed at the door. So to me, it just seems a bit extreme.
That's all.
Thanks
-Tim
Old 01-24-2003, 05:56 PM   #54
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Thanks for the info
Old 01-24-2003, 06:02 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:38 PM
Big Grin

I think Elvis agrees with you. That is probably why he is so kind as to offer the discount to Interference members.
Old 01-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #56
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Don't forget my question......

Thanks for clearing all that up Elvis

Sorry to repeat my , but I gotta find out soon:

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis

Holiday Inn has a $69 u2 rate... but ive heard there are better deals.

Do you mean better deals at the Holiday Inn or at other area hotels?
Old 01-24-2003, 06:58 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:38 PM
The Holiday Inn Select has a U2 rate of $65.00 for Friday and Saturday night only. (Plus parking which is about $12.00 per night.) There are better deals around if you want to try using Priceline or something like that, but not necessarily at the Holiday Inn. Is that what you needed to know, BLS?
Old 01-24-2003, 07:15 PM   #58
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

Yep, that's what I was wondering, the rest of my group wants to stay there (they might change their mind with the parking fee?). Just didn't know if there was a secret password for a cheap rate there or if Elvis meant he heard other people got a room at the Holiday Inn for less than $65.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:37 PM   #59
ONE
love, blood, life

Is DB9 going? I was this close to going but, if he isn't then my Bride says we can't go!
Old 02-04-2003, 08:25 PM   #60
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator

We've had an alteration in our group's plans, if anyone is still trying to get a room for Saturday night, please let me know by PM or email me at bgrobson@hotmail.com. It is about fifteen minutes from the RARHOF near the airport, but very reasonably priced - please contact me for more info!