U2 3D in DC!! Who's going???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going tonight to watch two shows back-to-back. If I like it maybe I'll go again next week. Anyone else going tonight?

Oh, I'll be going at least once or twice more before it's done! ;) maybe we should all go together again for the final IMAX show...

Utoo said:
Oh, I'll be going at least once or twice more before it's done! ;) maybe we should all go together again for the final IMAX show...

hey steve,
I am totally up for doing that...Do you know when that is tho? And we should shoot for a weekend nite.. :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

:hmm: so I have met him then.. course he didn't introduce himself or mention that he was Irvine511.. :(

i'm never sure who anyone is, and i feel weird saying, "hi, i'm Irvine."

but that was me. black jacket. green backpack. somber colors in the scarf.

Irvine511 said:

i'm never sure who anyone is, and i feel weird saying, "hi, i'm Irvine."

but that was me. black jacket. green backpack. somber colors in the scarf.

hey no biggie... at least we met... :D

I will post the pic of all us here this sometime this weekend..

bonoz said:
and how early should I get there and what is the best seat in the house?

as was mentioned before, you don't need to get there early. They let everyone in 15 min before it starts. So just get there there 30 min before the showtime.

Utoo said:
maybe we should all go together again for the final IMAX show...

The website has it running through Feb. right now, but that could be subject to change, especially if and when it hits the regular theaters on Feb. 15th. I think it might actually look sharper on the regular sized 3D screens, so I'm up for that as well.

Irvine511 said:

use federal triangle or archives. quicker.
That depends. For us, Fed Triangle = 1 transfer at Metro Center. On the weekends, you can easily have 12+ minutes between trains, and we can walk from Gallery Place to the IMAX in less than 12 min.

Disclaimer: Jess and I can put down a pretty fast pace walking.

SO! Any plans for a gathering at a weekend show? I'll wear my #7 Edge t-shirt so I'll be easy to spot. :D

Last edited:
cydewaze said:

That depends. For us, Fed Triangle = 1 transfer at Metro Center. On the weekends, you can easily have 12+ minutes between trains, and we can walk from Gallery Place to the IMAX in less than 12 min.

Disclaimer: Jess and I can put down a pretty fast pace walking.

SO! Any plans for a gathering at a weekend show? I'll wear my #7 Edge t-shirt so I'll be easy to spot. :D

Hey Paul!:wave:

I am all for a gathering for a weekend show, just name the day and I am so there!! I have to catch this again for sure!:wink:

Say hi to jess for me!

60ft x 90ft; proportions rendering a mammoth amount of quality entertainment. I'm in love with U2 all over again.

They might be cancelling some shows - see the website.
It gives a tentative schedule for shows, but says below it:
"*Subject to cancellation for museum non-public events. Please call our box office for current information at 202.633.IMAX (4629) or 1.877.WDC.IMAX (1.877.932.4629). "

Maybe attendance is falling off, as some others reported for other cities.

eta - They only have 4pm shows for this weekend, and both are sold out.

Last edited:
when i went to purchase ticket for a day this upcoming week it gave me no problem to purchase and the same with feb 1st, next friday..

Why don't we all shoot for friday nite, 2/1 at 9:15, we could meet up before and hang for a bit and go to the show..? Or even 7:30pm again too and hang out after that showing?

Yeah, there aren't many shows at all. I'm not going tomorrow night at 7:30 as planned because, well, there's only a 4pm show. And over the next week, there are days without shows and days with only 4pm shows, etc. Weird.

It's opening at tons of regular, digital theaters in the area on feb 15th----at least 5 within 10 miles of me are going to show it.

i really want to see it one more time in the Imax theater and see it also in regular digital theater too.

steve,
we all could meet up again on friday, 2/1 where there are the three show times. See my previous posts. What do u think, and could you possibly make that?

Utoo said:
It's opening at tons of regular, digital theaters in the area on feb 15th----at least 5 within 10 miles of me are going to show it.

:hi5: i think i know which one you're talking about. i'd be all about it. tell mrs. utoo she's not allowed to back out this time! :wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
steve,
we all could meet up again on friday, 2/1 where there are the three show times. See my previous posts. What do u think, and could you possibly make that?

I think it'll depend on how my week goes. I'm starting a busy rotation on Wednesday, and I have to be at work at 6:15am Saturday, so a late night Friday is probably out of the question if Addie keeps us up most of the week! ;)

unico said:

:hi5: i think i know which one you're talking about. i'd be all about it. tell mrs. utoo she's not allowed to back out this time! :wink:

Oh, she won't be allowed to miss it! :wink:

Utoo said:

I think it'll depend on how my week goes. I'm starting a busy rotation on Wednesday, and I have to be at work at 6:15am Saturday, so a late night Friday is probably out of the question if Addie keeps us up most of the week! ;)

Oh, she won't be allowed to miss it! :wink:

ok, maybe the 7:30pm show? I guess we can play it by ear as the week goes on.. Just keep in touch thru out the week then...:D

<<<stupid me forgot about your occupation.. :der: :reject:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom