|10-27-2004, 06:09 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: On Adam's Amp
Local Time: 08:54 AM
Third Verse added to ITH 2004 lineup!
For Immediate Release__________________
HELLO! HELLO! “THIRD VERSE” JOINS inTO the Heart U2 FAN FEST WEEKEND LINE-UP!
U2-influenced original band to perform at Club 279 November 5th!
TORONTO, Canada, October 27, 2004 – inTO the Heart is delighted to announce the addition of local Toronto band THIRD VERSE to ITH’s weekend lineup. Please note that the “Salvation in the Blues” event has been cancelled due to a touring conflict. THIRD VERSE is a perfect fit for ITH 2004, they will bring their original rock sound to Club 279 on November 5th to open for famed U2 DJ and all-round rock creature B.P. Fallon who will premiere his signature DEATH DISCO dance party afterwards. U2’s influence can be found not only in the music of THIRD VERSE but also in their name. Taken from the scene in U2’s rock documentary Rattle n’ Hum where Bono tells the band when to come in, “Not on the first verse, not the second verse, but the third verse!”
Join us in Toronto for inTO the Heart November 4-7, 2004 an international, non-profit U2 festival by the fans for the fans with the vibe squarely on entertainment, fun and partying among those with a shared passion for U2’s music. The popular U2 Idol is back, more infamous U2GTA parties and new this year, Special Guest BP FALLON plus, many more surprises! Proceeds from ITH 04 will go to Amnesty International and local Toronto AIDS Hospice, Casey House.
*** REVISED SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR ITH 2004 ***
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4
Esplanade Bier Market, 58 The Esplanade, 8 p.m. – 2 a.m.
• Pre-Show Meet & Greet: for fans from around the world to gather for some pre-show mixing and mingling and U2 merchandise giveaways.
• OCTOBER does Red Rocks: ITH festival launch with the music of the show that made U2 world famous – U2: Live at Red Rocks – performed by kick-ass tribute band OCTOBER – A Celebration of U2. Inspiring and moving music and good hard-hitting rock n’ roll.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5
Club 279, 279 Yonge Street, 8 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
( • Salvation in the Blues: --- CANCELLED DUE TO TOURING CONFLICT)
• THIRD VERSE (original performance): Toronto-based rock band styled after 80s pop, classic rock and Brit-pop, have been writing and playing together for over six years. Third Verse's "Don't Change a Thing" was selected by a panel of thirty leading music industry representatives from a field of over 1,500 entries submitted from across Ontario. Third Verse has commenced production on its first full-length album which the band anticipates will be completed by late fall 2004.
Club 279, 279 Yonge Street, 10:30 p.m. – 2 a.m.
• Death Disco featuring BP Fallon: The vibe is downtown glam, garage rock, punk, funk, thrash & trash, new wave, old wave, interstellar overdrive…everything goes, just like the music!! The world’s ultimate rock n roll dance party hosted by BP Fallon in NYC, LA, San Francisco, Dublin, Belfast and now Toronto. Beep will spin a rotating mix of high-energy craziness, pushing the envelope between decency and debauchery with one of NYC’s finest rock club DJ’s Justine D.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6
Club 279, 279 Yonge Street, 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
• Inside the Music Studio: Welcome. Free your mind and your ass will follow. Sit down with BP Fallon as we get intimate and interactive for an interview with a rock ‘n’ roll creature that will relive the musical journey of over 3 decades of rock decadence and collaborations with everyone from Lennon and McCartney, Led Zeppelin and U2 to Jerry Lee Lewis, Public Enemy and Iggy Pop. The ultimate insider, Beep will share the stories and little known facts that have provided the inspiration for his photography and writing. Ramalama, pussycats, get your questions ready!!! This is an all ages event.
RSVP only, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
• Pre-Show Party: -- SOLD OUT! To get on the waiting list, email email@example.com
• U2 Idol: Just for fun!! It’s informal and silly… entries as a group, duo or if you dare, solo!
The Opera House, 735 Queen St. E, 8:30 p.m. - 1:30 a.m.
• "Welcome to ZOO TV Y’All" featuring Elevation and special guest BP Fallon: Rewind to August 28th 1993 as Elevation takes us back to the multi-media spectacular that was ZooTV with a full recreation of U2's classic homecoming performance in Dublin. The show was a stunningly original, visually exhilarating, mind blowing experience and will be recreated in vivid detail… you will have to see it to beLIEve it. Of course, the ZooTV experience wouldn't be complete without an appearance by our Special Guest, U2's DJ, Guru and Viber, BP Fallon...that's right...King Boogaloo, The Duke of Earl, BP Fallon himself will join the party!!!
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7
Jeremiah Bullfrogs, 225 Queen Street West, drop in from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Brunch: For anyone who has any energy left on Sunday and would like to kick back and share stories about the weekend over a hot cup of java and give our out-of-town friends a friendly Canadian bacon au revoir.
For complete hotel info, band bios, photo gallery and more please visit http://www.intotheheart.com !
# # #
|11-09-2004, 12:22 PM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Local Time: 09:54 AM
I thought Third Verse did an excellent job at ITTH. In fact I even picked up a copy of their CD.__________________
Great job, especially for a last-minute addition.
|11-09-2004, 03:51 PM||#4|
love, blood, life
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Life's too short to drink cheap wine!
Local Time: 06:54 AM
I missed the CD but those guys were genuinely good...I really liked the mix of U2 and other rock...
Anyone get a pic of Mr. BAW dancing ??????
|11-09-2004, 03:54 PM||#5|
Blue Crack Addict
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 09:54 AM
I missed seeing them.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|