St. Patrick's Celebration - Las Vegas, NV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. BAW

ONE love, blood, life
Its been announced that Elevation Canada, Elevation USA and possibly (fingers-crossed) Johsua Tree will be playing St. Patrick's Day Celebration gigs in Sin-City; ever since the first announcement, I've made a number of daily and weekly checks of hotel occupancy..Room rates are outrageous compared to a couple years back. with the help of bonosgirl84, I've learned that the city is going to be swamped with conventioneers!

LAND IMPROVEMENT CONTRACTORS OF AMERICA, CIRCUS CIRCUS; dates 3/15/05-3/19/05 (225 persons)

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OILSEED PRODUCTS, HYATT REGENCY LAKE LAS VEGAS; dates 3/15/05-3/20/05 (500 persons)

ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS ASSOCIATION THE MIRAGE; dates 3/15/05 - 3/17/05 (1700 persons)

CON-EXPO - CON/AGG LAS VEGAS CONVENTION CENTER; dates 3/15/05 - 3/19/05 (135,000 persons)

The last convention is expecting 135 THOUSAND attendees...there go the rooms!!!

This post is for informational purposes only....:)

:yikes:

i just called around. i started with excalibur, and i got as far as newyorknewyork having no rooms, and harrah's being $360 per night before i called excalibur back. good old excalibur. i booked the 17th and 18th for $155.95 per night. i have to pay for at least one night by feb. 17th, one month prior to arrival. this rate is available to everyone.

that's a hell of a deal, considering the conventions and spring break.

seriously. if you are going, book your rooms NOW. at least have them held, if not paid for. you can always cancel later. and don't forget about all of the great hotels around las vegas that aren't on the strip. places like texas station and sunset station. green valley ranch. the fiesta. i have stayed at some of these hotels and they are fine.

i just keep staying at excalibur, because the more i do, the more discounts they send me.

:wink:

This stuff seems to fall in my lap...BAW laughs when I get her to the airport 3 hours ahead of time; :lol: I just wanna be ready for the unexpected....I respect the 'what if' syndrome....

Honorary Ambassador for St. Patrick's Day...I'll need a green hat!
:lmao:

Wish you could be there. :(

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75

I love you all and adore Elevation but next year I am spending money to only see U2

its all about deciphering the message! :D

but um, now i'm saying the same thing, not sure if i'm goin but i'll know in jan

Last edited:
i'm only going to see bg. seeing elevation and jt are bonuses.

*putsinrequestfortimeoff*

icelle said:
i'm only going to see bg. seeing elevation and jt are bonuses.

:applaud: i heart you, cellie.

that reminds me, i have to go call jeff. he left me a message last night about having to redeem an airline voucher and he wanted to know the dates of this gathering.

:love:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it hasn't been announced... but i'm willing to put money on it... that a certain non-tribute u2 band from dublin will be playing madsion square garden in new york city on st. patrick's day...

Now THATS what I'm talkin' about! :combust:

except that i've never been to nyc and i wouldn't know how to get around. :uhoh: :sad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
it hasn't been announced... but i'm willing to put money on it... that a certain non-tribute u2 band from dublin will be playing madsion square garden in new york city on st. patrick's day...

no fuckin way! thats on my spring break an i was plannin on goin to nyc to see friends an if they played on st pattys.

i am sorry to my west coast, toronto, an midwest counterparts if i don't see u this time and if i hijacked this thread but a non-tribute band is even better than the real thing an i'm so :hyper: :combust:

Wish I could be there with you Mr. BAW! But it looks like that I'm not. At first I would have been there for a wedding, but that got changed due to the relatives not being able to handle the drive out there (and they can't afford to fly). So the plans have been changed, and we ain't goin' out there. And after this New Year's weekend trip to Cali to see JT, I'll be saving to see the real guys for later. But if JT gets their ass to Dallas this spring, maybe I'll see you then if you come out this way!

Back
Top Bottom