Russian/Irish U2ers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I am a war child sitting here in the corner with my face paint on...
smile.gif

Actually this secret society welcomes all to its hallowed ground, although there is an initiation test that you will have to pass. Therafter you must knock the secret knock and shake the secret handshake, and never forget the sock rule...
biggrin.gif

Ye Gods and all their horses!!
I can't believe this thread is still kicking... I think I posted once or twice a year ago, despite my being not even remotely Russian, and most likely not Irish either (don't know much of the family history more than 3 generations back - but have English background... don't hurt me!).
Astonishing.
Sorry, don't mean to interrupt guys...
smile.gif

So that's where MrBTH went...

Thanks Aine
smile.gif

This is as close-knit a little inter-Interference community as Dream Out Loud... how very cool!
So... how's everyone doing?
smile.gif

Fine , preparing for the monday quiz , right now and listening to George Gershwin songbook , good stuff for studying.
P.S Gee , my baby has such a wondeful view when she is sleeping .....
2Aine : do you know is "Gorbyshka" working or not ???
user.gif

[This message has been edited by IvanClaytonJnr (edited 10-21-2001).]

How did the quiz go Ivan? What subject was it? I wish they let us have music at work...
frown.gif

For my part I am very tired and fed up with trying to do about 5 million things at once. TGIF! Tax return, work, lunch, organise learners license, moving house, moving office space, maybe moving job, whether to move towards job or get job near house, whether I can afford to go back to uni, why I haven't heard from my best friend who thinks she's Irish, is obssessed with Russian stuff and living in America with some Mexican guy....!!!
*tears hair out* It's bloody unmanageable anyway... I've got Rimmer-hair! Any Dwarfers in this corner of Interference? Am I babbling too much? DUH...
Right, I need to finish my smelly tuna and overripe banana and get some CAFFIENE into me... I HATE being on the phones all friday afternoon... *grumble mumble shuttup Alison*

Toodle pip folks!

I got an A ( or 5 in some other school systems ) ,
jump.gif

Now , 2morrow or maybe week after tommorow , i HAVE TO GO THE DENTIST , shit i hate it , the worst thing on earth for me !!!
nervous.gif

Originally posted by Alisaura:
my best friend who thinks she's Irish, is obssessed with Russian stuff and living in America with some Mexican guy....!!!
Toodle pip folks!
Wow,a pretty cool friend I tell you! Gimme
more detail about her.And I know one Mexican guy here in the forum,EdgeVox's his handle...
what if that's him ??
biggrin.gif

Btw,Ali,I remember you love Riverdance,do you
also like Michael Flatley's show? They've been to Moscow recently.
Oh,and hope you're fine by now! I know I am,
cuz I just got my Cambridge certificate of
proficiency in English the other day!Took the
awful exam in June,after a year of preparing
(sorry to repeat all this stuff to you who
already know that
wink.gif
)Listening to The Clash at the moment,love their raw energy..."London
calling..."
smile.gif

Autumn has been fine here too (Zoomerang II
can confirm that,he was in Russia last week
but we missed each other).
Cheer up,Ali !

Originally posted by IvanClaytonJnr:
i HAVE TO GO THE DENTIST , the worst thing on earth for me !!!
Hey,I'm not afraid of Big Bad Dentists,I'm only afraid of spiders!
tongue.gif

Ivan,I guess Gorbushka does work,but I'm not quite sure,you'd better ask Lee about Moscow-related things cuz he lives there...if he makes it to the forum that is.
And why are you interested ? Wanna some Sharp Cranky Boston Carrots bootlegs,don't ya ??
tongue.gif
wink.gif

I'm still here. Just checkin in!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Oh lordy, what an array of new spiffy-smileys!
biggrin.gif
Do those have codes for putting in posts? *evil grin*
Firstly belated but HUGE CONGRATS to Ivan Clayton jr! Woohoo!! And commiserations on the dentist thing... I should probably see one, I haven't been for about 4 or 5 years and my wisdom teeth are appearing....
eek.gif

Aine: My friend started out English/Australian, so that makes it even more interesting...
smile.gif
I dunno if the Mexican guy she's with is a U2 fan or not, but I do know his English is not crash hot, I think Mr EdgeVox is quite articulate in this miserable language... Would be a stunner if he was the same guy though!!
This multicultural friend of mine is sort of half-responsible for my U2 conversion, although she made a huge effort in 1993/1994, but I didn't actually get interested until 1999/2000... I'm slow but I get there in the end! She seems to have gone off them now, which sucks. She forced me to buy tapes of JT and AB all those years ago, and force-fed me videos and made me listen to Zooropa (most of which I HATED at the time)... when she moved to Chicago she gave me her R&H video cos US VCRs won't play our tapes, and after she left I put it on (purely for nostalgia's sake)... and blam, the rest is history.
smile.gif
Mostly it was Sunday Bloody Sunday and Exit that got me, which lead to my un-earthing JT and buying the Best-Of, and the CD of R&H, etc etc.
Yeah, RiverDance is cool, but Mr Flatley gives me the shits something chronic (apologies to any Flatley fans!), so I haven't even seen it... I went to see Riverdance sans-Flatley a few years ago, and there was much less... smarm in the air, and I quite enjoyed it.
smile.gif
Have you see Mr Flatley's show? Any good?
(to be continued...)

[This message has been edited by Alisaura (edited 11-06-2001).]

Hello back Miss Mac! You know you're always
more than welcome in here to spice up the place a bit!
wink.gif

Ali,no,I haven't seen that show,I got to know
about it the very day it was taking place,too
late!I've seen them on French TV though,and
they were very good,cute energetic lads,no Mr
Flately,they say he doesn't perform anymore.
And you,are you going to see any U2 shows in
Oz ?
How sweet of you to remember my birthday,
Michael,especially when I'm so bad at replying,you're really too thoughful
smile.gif
*blushes and hides*

Originally posted by lazyboy:
eek.gif

I'm Irish with many many Russian connections(family ,friends)

*lazyboy runs away from Anya's thread!*
tongue.gif
Oh~oh,Mr.Cool himself
wink.gif
,I knew you'd do
something reckless !
biggrin.gif

*Anya spots Brian when he's about to disappear,makes a strict face,beckons him back,asks him to bend and whispers in his ear...
...CA BHFUIL AN GAEILGE DONA ?!??!!*
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Originally posted by Aine:
Oh~oh,Mr.Cool himself
wink.gif
,I knew you'd do
something reckless !
biggrin.gif

*Anya spots Brian when he's about to disappear,makes a strict face,beckons him back,asks him to bend and whispers in his ear...
...CA BHFUIL AN GAEILGE DONA ?!??!!*
tongue.gif
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
Eh? Mo gaeilge dona? DONA? Nil se dona, ta se AN dona!Agus ni raibh a lan of it, lol, ach ta se an, mar ta me an eagla leis an cailin go hailainn le an aghaidh fearg!

Cad a dheanann me ann, mo maistir?
wink.gif

Ca bhfuil mo litir???
tongue.gif

Hahaha,Brian!
biggrin.gif
Ach ta a lan of dea-chaint
agat,an diulach an-gleoite!
smile.gif

*An cailin glic,nil Anya ach ag ligean uirthi
fein a Gaeilge chomh maith le Brian's*
translate~translate!
tongue.gif
Lol,is an teanga nua
i !
biggrin.gif
Hope U.2.R.O.K. will never see this!
redface.gif

Do litir sa do bosca litreacha,mo prionsa
halainn.
wink.gif

I think Rove McManus said it best...

What the...???

Hi guys... I must take gaelic lessons one day... (if that's actually what that was!)
Just thought I'd check in and say Happy Birthday to me for the 21st...
biggrin.gif

Subtle aren't I...
smile.gif

I might have a new job next year... less money but it's 2 hours a day I won't have to spend on a bus. Is 2 hours a day worth $10,000 a year? *shrug*
Hope you're all well, in whatever language
smile.gif

Originally posted by Alisaura:

Just thought I'd check in and say Happy Birthday to me for the 21st...
Ali!
smile.gif
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! A bit too late,but
well!
smile.gif

Speaking about things Gaelic,I'm completely
heart-broken,as Shane MacGowan's touring UK/
Ireland with his former band,the legendary
Pogues...ahh...sorry,but I adore the guy!

THIS POST DESERVES AN oscCAR , GREA5T GREAT TOPIC , YOU CAN'T SO NO TO THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST :::::::::::::::::::::::c;CZx:cZxc:Z;cxZ:c:zxc;zxC:zXC:zXC;zX
I WANTED TO BElIEve , I WANTED NO DISTRACTIONS , THANK GOD LEWFT US , STAND ON OUR FEET < looooooovfvEE

Back
Top Bottom