NYC Peeps AWF event Sept 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oktobergirl

Refugee
Attention NYC area U2 fans

As most in the online U2 fan community are aware, the African Well Fund is a non-profit organization that was formed by a group of U2 fans with the intention of raising funds for building and maintaining wells in Africa. We are thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity for NYC area U2 fans to come out and show their support.

Jazz for Peace will be performing a benefit concert for the African Well Fund on September 18th at 6 p.m. at Penang, 204 Columbus Ave. (at 71st St.). Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 at the door. A portion of the proceeds from all ticket sales will benefit AWF. Tickets may be purchased online at Jazz For Peace . Additionally, AWF has a limited number of advance tickets available. For information on how to purchase these or for any other questions please email dyoder@africanwellfund.org.

We hope to see many of you there! Please stop by and say hello and introduce yourself to fellow interferencer, Diane.

Just wanted to extend a personal invitation for all NYC area fans to attend this show. You have all been so supportive of the AWF.

There will be a few of us in attendance from the AWF and we would love the chance to meet you all in person.

Though it is a jazz show there is no reason we can't turn it into an impromptu U2 fan gathering.

AWF has many exciting plans for the future - near and distant - come on out and say Hi and we'll talk to you about them.

So come on out - bring your friends - we would love to be able to sell out this event!

michelleontheair said:
It'll be my first weekend apartment hunting in NYC but I will definitely try and make it Diane! I'm kinda jazzed about it actually... :wink: AWF's a great cause :up:

Thanks Michelle - hope you can make it too!

BTW - please note that the show is scheduled early enough in the evening that you can attend and still be able to make any later plans you might have for the evening.

Due to a generous donation, the African Well Fund is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of complimentary tickets to Saturday’s Jazz for Peace concert in NYC. They are available on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested in receiving one of these tickets, please contact Diane Yoder at dyoder@africanwellfund.org or 518.423.8058.

ack! I'm just seeing this now. If you guys are in the city, you should join U2NYC -- link is in my sig. we're a fun bunch.

Back
Top Bottom