MERGED--> Anyone want to go to Vegas for St. Patrick's Day? + Elevation In Vegas News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
good idea ABEL...one of the places I called (I can't remember which one) had a group rate for 10 rooms or more. I'll try and remember where it was and start making some calls.

Sicy said:
That wont work abel. :|

Yeah we'll have a list.. more closer to the date though. Its not even February yet.

oops, I posted befor I saw this. Is a group rate not a good idea?

There's definatly not going to be 20 people. My guess is about 10 if we're lucky.

There's gonna be more than 10 people :yes:

I did a search for group reservations...I can't do an in depth search on it right now cuz I'm at work, but I found this website which might be worth checking into...I'll have to wait till tomorrow to call cuz I don't get off work for another couple hours...unless someone else wants to call and see what's required :shrug: ...they do large and small groups

http://www.hoteltravellasvegas.com/las_vegas_small_groups.htm

Sicy said:
That wont work abel. :|

Yeah we'll have a list.. more closer to the date though. Its not even February yet.

the thing is, we need a sign up list NOW so we can figure out who's going, and get things coordinated, find good hotel rates, and get the best travel deals...it's better to start early to get the good deals...early bird gets the worm :sexywink:

I'm home from work now, and I called that number on the website, but he really couldn't tell me anything cuz I couldn't tell him how many people are coming (I told him anywhere between 10-30 people), but he said anything less than 10 isn't considered a group...I probably sounded all :der: to him on the phone :laugh:....which, like I said is why we need a sign up sheet :banghead: :crack:

he also said exactly what I said, that the sooner we get started, the better, cuz the next three months are peak travel times, extremely buisy in vegas with a lot going on, so we can't wait on this guys! We need to get with it! C'mon people!!!!! :scream:

:hyper: :banghead:

OMC I just called JC Wooligan's Irish Pub in Las Vegas! :hyper:

I told them I wanted more info about Elevation playing on St. Patrick's Day...and the guy who answered the phone said "whoa, how'd you find out about that already!" :laugh:

I told him that I heard about it on interference.com, a u2 fan site, and we were trying to get together a group to go see Elevation, and we'd be coming from all over the country, but that I wasn't sure how many would be going yet.

I asked if they took reservations for tables for the concert, and he said they didn't. He did say that they may have special VIP booths going on sale soon, but he wouldn't know the pricing on that for another week or so, but he said it would probaby be like $20 (the booths are like a little area with a couch).

He said that besides Elevation (which is headlining the show) there are going to be about 8 different bands playing that weekend. There would probably be like a $10 cover charge to get into the pub.

I left him my name and phone number and email address, and he'll be calling me with more info as it becomes available. I don't know what kind of hotel rates this hotel has, but he said they could probably work out some sort of group rate for us.

The hotel is about 11 miles north of the strip, but they do have shuttles that go to the strip.

He said there'd probably be like 3,000 people there for St. Paddy's Day weekend :shocked:

We definitely need to start planning this early!

Last edited:
btw, the guy I talked to was Bill, one of the managers (he happened to answer the phone)

Jess, Cleveland will be a better choice for you. Seriously. You've seen the band before, and the museum in Cleveland will have really cool stuff there.

Cleveland. (Boy, that sounds weird. Telling someone to pick Cleveland over Las Vegas.)

I'll probably go to Vegas, but I have a place to stay. Don't count me for the group rate thing, but don't count me in completely yet for the show. Quite honestly, eight bands sounds like a fresh trip to hell, especially in an over-crowded bar that allows smoking. But, then, I have a headache today. When it gets closer to the actual deal, I'll more than likely get excited about it and show up.

well unless the guy can give us a really good deal on the group rate thing at the hotel, I think I'd be just as happy staying on the strip...I've already found a really good deal on cheaptickets.com at the sahara (the rooms that I found just looking at the regular rates at the marriott where elevation is playing, without any group discounts, started at like $150-$200 a night which is way too pricey for me)....I agree with you about the 8 bands martha...I don't think I'd like that much either with all the crowds etc. ...I would just want to see elevation and hang out with interferencers :yes: (geez, I must be getting old or something, lol :tsk: )....Since elevation is playing for 3 nights, hopefully we'd be able to get a good spot at one of the shows...Sunday night may actually be less crowded than Friday or Saturday night...hopefully after I talk to that guy again, he'll have more info...I think I'll call him later this week

btw, where are you staying martha?

Last edited:
hey gang, i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i have here... Diamond (dave) can't go and i have nobody to split a room with. i can't afford a room by myself, i'm not bill gates, heh. i was wondering if anybody would be willing to split a room with me? i plan on coming in on Saturday the 15th and leaving on the following Monday or Tuesday morning, depends on which days the room is for and when my flights are scheduled for.

thanks, jesse

PM me on here, or email thru here

Sicy said:
So far our best bets are either the sahara, the stratosphere, the stardust or circus circus. All around $260 for 3 nites. Which we would have to get 3 nights if we drove because we'd spend 2 days just driving :angry:

But all those places are far from the middle of the strip arent they? :slant:

Sicy, I'll probably stay at one of the hotels you've named - maybe the Sahara. I don't mind staying off the strip. Hell, if we all stay off the strip, we'll just shuttle to the strip and get drunk on the way. :ohmy: :mac:

pub crawler said:

Sicy, I'll probably stay at one of the hotels you've named - maybe the Sahara.

So far the Sahara is the best deal I've found...unless something else comes up that's where I plan on staying with Eebz and her sister

Rick and I are going and probably my stepson and his girlfriend...but I have no clue what anyone is doing once we get there? Just tell me where to go and I'm there!

we need to start a sign up thing started...like who's going and when you plan on arriving, so we can get an idea of how many are going and when :yes:

I'll be there...I'm coming sometime on Friday and flying back Tuesday morning.

i was going to go by airplane, but now i'm having second thoughts. and my little Honda Civic probably wouldn't make the long drive...

that reminds me, did anyone ever recover the interference banner? joyfulgirl brought it to Vegas and didn't go home with it!

maybe just a guest book or a lined notebook for sign ups this time, eh?

well, don't gamble too much down there, those who do show up.

and no outside betting, either!

hey, is Diamond going to make it? i have no idea about Sicy, she's been busy with her bootlegs and all, but very little photograpghic prints have been put here, so i really don't know how well she can travel...see you guys in Cleveland, maybe!

Love, love peace and joy!
Debbie
:huh:

Well, this morning was the epic "battle of Cleveland" with the hubby. I lost. We are not going until the spring. BAH! :mad:

BUT

We are going to Vegas! :D :dance: So count us in with the festivities!

We are thinking of going to LA for a few days beforehand. We have never been there before. Does anyone have any advice about where to stay, how to get to Edge's house etc? :sexywink:

DebbieSG said:
i have no idea about Sicy, she's been busy with her bootlegs and all, but very little photograpghic prints have been put here, so i really don't know how well she can travel...see you guys in Cleveland, maybe!

:der: I dont think bootlegs would cause me to not go to vegas lol.

We're still talking about it. (me and daafish)

Flying is way too expensive.. like $400 for both of us, and driving is just so :sigh: Ugh.. I did it once and I swore I would never do it again :huh:

Plus neither of us have any 'extra cash' to be spending in Vegas. We'll see though. We both want to go so maybe we'll work it out.

Back
Top Bottom