MD/DC/VA gathering at our house on Oct 11: Special Guest: The BAWs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hi everyone! i slept through most of fri & sat and taken my weight in vitamin c. i'm feelin MUCH better, but my timing sucks. wish i could've been there. :( anyway i hope to see lots of pics! have fun at the ren faire today, and safe travels to all who are hitting the road.

This is the coolest thing ever. We have six cars in our driveway with six different license plates. So far, represented are:

MD
VA
IL
TN
CT
NJ

Niiice! Park all the cars side by side and take a picture covering all the rears. It would be like that Pink Floyd poster with the body painted girls. ;)

Jess and Paul it was such a pleasure meeting you guys! :). Thank you so much for all of your hospitality and for the TONS of fun! :hug: Mike and I are soooooo happy that we made the long drive here for the party! Sorry we had to leave so early this morning. Wish we could have stayed around longer. Next time we will be sure to have our calendar completely clear :yes: Btw it was very sweet of you to get up so early after such a late night to say goodbye,thank you :hug: :).

Rick,Char,Katie,Sherry and Amy it was really great putting faces to the names :). Hope to see all of you at another gathering sometime soon! You guys are a lot of fun! Btw BAW's sorry we never had a chance to tell you bye. We hope to make it to one of your CA gatherings sometime :).

HLB once again it was a blast hanging out with you! Mia wish you had been feeling well enough to come. We really missed you a lot! Keep getting better and make sure to get lots of rest :hug: Oh and Kelly Im so happy that I got to meet Jay. He is such a sweetie :cute:

So much U2 goodness :drool: Never have I seen such an amazing collection of so many treats :drool: Jess you dance so beautifully :love: Thank you for showing your tape.

The festival was fun. As predicted, the line going there was horrifyingly long, and to make matters worse, Kelly and Jay had to pull out of the line go get gas, so they didn't see me take the short cut. :( So we arrived a good bit ahead of them. Fortunately we all found each other though :up:

I had a rude woman make an unseemly comment about my costume, but for the most part we all had fun. It was really crowded today - I'll guess over 30,000 people.

The drive home was pretty bad. There was a backup on the highway around halfway back, so it took us well over two hours to get home. Rather than cook, we decided to have dinner (and ice cream) out.

As for the party, it was an awesome time, and it was great meeting everyone. Thanks for helping us to properly break in out media room. :D

Awww, Shannon! Thank you for your kind words, and it was an absolute pleasure to have you both! You are welcome to stay with us ANYTIME you are in the area. Hopefully we will be able to spend more time with you in the near future.

It was wonderful to have met you at long last, and we are honored that you made such a long trip! That goes for everyone who came from far and wide. :yes:

The BAWs took most of the pics, so I think we will have to wait until they upload them. :hyper:

BIG thank you goes out to Jess & Paul for all their hospitality!!!! Was awesome seeing everyone and it was great meeting new faces :) I had a blast :hyper:

ok... sorry so short... but late nite + long day in elements + loooooong drive = very sleepy cari.

Ugh, no wonder! We are pretty sleepy too, especially after all the wine at dinner. :yawn:

Goodnight!

P.S. Cari, thank you so much for coming, it was awesome to see you again! xo

I had a rude woman make an unseemly comment about my costume, but for the most part we all had fun. QUOTE]

:down: Wow, sorry to hear that.

In other news, what a fun time! The drinks were cold, the music loud, the cats adorable, Jess's dancing lovely, and good company all! :applaud: Good elevated U2=y vibes to those who know who they are who have interviews coming up. :wave: Such a treat to meet ya'll and I hope to see everyone again soon! Thanks the Jess and Paul for hosting.

what can I say.. words truly fail me.. I had the most awesome time evah! Jess and Paul I :heart: you guys!!! :hug: Such great hosts and wonderful people. Please let's make a point of getting together here again on a regular basis (being so close in distance).. Me and Terry would love that. It was so awesome meeting Rick, Char (we had lots in common and lots to talk about me being from So. Cal) I really enjoyed our conversations that nite. So many laughs it was just great! Shannon and Mike it was really nice meeting you two and Kelly and Jay! Patti, it was so great seeing you again.. much fun for sure.
And Katie, ur such a sweetie and I am glad we got to meet in person. Good luck finding the right College hopefully you will be near by, that would be great!:hug:

It was fun calling 'los and all of us yelling at the phone..

I have a couple of pics I took that I will post later when I get home from work.

I loved all the U2ey stuff it was awesome rocking out with everybody in the new media room! Those speakers were awesome!

Jess, Paul your house is just beautiful and you both did amazing work on it. It looks amazing! Such a beautiful view you all have too. I am envious. :love:

I loved all the U2ey stuff it was awesome rocking out with everybody in the new media room! Those speakers were awesome!

Haha... I bought those speakers back in 1991!!! I guess speakers are one of those things that it pays to spend some money on.

Thanks for all the compliments. We love the house and we love entertaining.

Cari! It so much fun meeting you finally! I hope to hang with you again in the near future! :hug:

oh how could I forget Roxy and Sterling.. I :heart: those cuties they were so much fun. I have a pic of Sterling on the sun porch after his many attempts to venture out with all of us.. :D

You guys, thank you for all the wonderful comments! :love: Amy, we would love to see you on a regular basis, that would be a great idea. Most of our friends are all over the country, so it's nice to have you close by!

We had such a great time with all of you that I think we'd like to make this an annual event! :hmm:

COMPROMIZING PICCIEZ! :D :D :D

Our first guest:
IMG_4262.jpg

BAWZ:
IMG_4263.jpg

GUESTZ ARRIVIN:
IMG_4264.jpg

IMG_4265.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

JAYZ, KELLYZ, JEZZ, PATTIEZ!
IMG_4271.jpg

Sorry i'm so late in writing here, we didn't get home until almost midnight... I had a lot of fun w/ my old Interference peeps and meeting the new ones!!! Jess and Paul i love the house, you guys did a great job!! :up:

Jess & Paul :hug:
Rick & Char :hug:
Shannon & Mike :hug:
Patti:hug:
Cheryl :hug:
Katie :hug:
Amy :hug:
Roxy :bellyrub:
Sterling :headscratch:

What Cari said and a :hug: for her as well... :D

Back
Top Bottom