Looking For Youngest Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vaz02 said:
were we all introduced to u2 via 'All you cant leave behind ' ?

I was introduced to them via 'How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb'. The first song I remember listening was Vertigo (and a bit of City Of Blinding Lights too) on a tv commercial, they were advertising a contest, the winners got tickets to a gig in Dublin. :| I really wish I was as fanatic as I am now.

vaz02 said:
were we all introduced to u2 via 'All you cant leave behind ' ?

I was, I took two albums off my dad (ATYCLB and Thin Lizzy greatest hits) I fell in love with two bands that day :wink:

I only got into them by randomly buying HTDAAB after only hearing a few songs. Mostly Streets, WOWY, Vertigo - the big songs.

I'm only 16 and I remember not really liking Beautiful Day when it first came out. I was only like 10 or 11 at the time, so I can be excused :wink:

Irishteen said:

I was, I took two albums off my dad (ATYCLB and Thin Lizzy greatest hits) I fell in love with two bands that day :wink:

You're so cute :D

I was introduced to U2 by the Elevation DVD :rockon: Live is where we live", they say... :)

I was introduced to them through the Best of the 90s, for whatever reason I was oblivious to ATYCLB when it was released, aside from hearing Beautiful Day on the radio. I think it was one of the last albums I bought.

Everybody's special, whether young or old :D

I was introduced to them also through the Best of 90s, and as well through All That You Can't Leave Behind...

So I was like, 11, 12 at the time..?

And about the eye-rolling friends, sigh, I know all about them... :rolleyes:

I grew up with all the 80s stuff in my house but it wasn't until I saw them on TV in 2002 at the Super Bowl that I become obsessed with them, at age 10 :yikes: :lol: So when I swiped ATYCLB from my dad that I realized my obsession :heart:

Hallucination said:

Pay no attention to the eye rolling friends young padawans. I too get the eyes rolled at me all the time and I'm 27. Just consider yourself more advanced than your friends. I know I do.:wink:

:lol: :up:

:laugh: :D I'd love to be born when you were, just so I could enjoy U2 a bit more :up:

I'm 16 but slightly different to you all cause i first heard U2 from the joshua tree in 1996, then i heard pop and went :ohmy: but i bought it anyway...after that i went onto all that you canm't leave behing and loved it . I bought their whole backl catalogue that year :p

its so cool being a young u2 fan and the eye rolling , makes me say yeah im a bono bummer .... sue me:wink:

I was born in 1990 as well. March to be exact.
And I have eye-rolling friends as well, only I don't care, cos I know my music taste is better than theirs =]

^ Join the club, my friends are alright with my U2 obsession though - I think they've gotten used to it now...

I even managed to turn my sister into a U2 fan, which is a big achievement as she didn't know who U2 were until last year (yes, there is something wrong with her). Her favourite song is Lemon :D - Her birthday's September 19th 1992 - Looks like one of the youngest methinks....

^ Hell yes :lol:

But I have a friend who thinks Bono is "a big-headed bastard" - So I tend to ignore her comments when it comes to my taste in music, especially U2.

I was born in 1990
wow, there are other young U2 fans?
The only other one i've met is my 19 year old sister.
All my friends think i'm weird for liking them... which is frustrating cause they like the shittiest music...

Bonos_Lemon said:
you all make me feel ancient at 17 :sad: :lol:

:lol: Yeah i feel alot older than everyone else now, I turn 16 in december.

Back
Top Bottom