Chicago people! I need some info about your fair city.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I'm going to be there for a few days this summer, and I'd love to stay downtown within walking distance of all the exciting stuff, but who has 200 clams for a few nights in a swanky room?

So here's my question: How far out of town can I stay and still take easy and convenient public transportation to the Art Institute and other places around there. I'll most likely be there on a weekend, if that matters.

Thank you.

Despite living in Chicago for four years, I really don't know that much about hotels here. What I do know is that for the PLEBA convention last year, we got a great rate at the Holiday Inn (the one on 506 W. Harrison St) that all us poor college students could well afford. It's not *in* the center of activity, but it's close, and there seems to be a bus that can take you to where the action is. :)

Speaking of public transport, if you want to find out how to get from your hotel (whatever it may be) to any particular point of interest, check out this fancy schmancy site:

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/

I can't tell you how many times that thing has saved my car-less ass in the past 4 years. ;)

Hope that helped!

That site helped, but I think it may be too expensive for me to spend much time in Chicago. I really only want to go to the Art Institute anyway. I can do a hit and run I think on my way through from Cleveland to wherever I go that isn't as expensive as Chicago.

Thanks for your help though!

Martha, try the U2Midwest yahoo group. There are a lot of Chicago people in that group who would be glad to give you their opinions and ideas.

You are right, Chicago isn't exactly a budget place to visit, but you can find some decent hotel rates online if you keep searching. If you stay in a cental location you can walk or take the bus to most of the sights.

Sicy said:
Where's Screaming Flower? :angry:

nerd

:mad:

i hadn't been in this forum for a long time. and then i saw martha's thread in io.

:yikes:

anyway, i do know of one hotel that's pretty damn cheap. it's right off michigan avenue so it's a great location. you can grab a bus about a block away that will take you right to the art institute.

it's the best western inn of chicago. i will try and find out the exact address and phone number and pm you. and i'll try and think of some other cheaper options.

:wave:

Back
Top Bottom