British U2 fans!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this thread must have nine lives or something, it keeps being buried and then resurrected.
I left my details here seven months ago on page two and they're now inaccurate.
Everytime I read this thread I'm always puzzled as to it's purpose: it reappears, someone states who they are and then it disapears, I hereby propose we do something different with it although I'm not sure what.

PS I believe I've seen the creatures called Aardvark747 and Party Boy somewhere before I just can't quite put my finger on where.
(It's good to see you guys on different turf).

Desert_Sky said:
Hey there,
Just wondering how many british U2 fans there are who come here? I'm from Bristol, but a student at Plymouth University, and would like to get to know some other big u2 fans, as everyone here at uni likes them, but i'm yet to find someone with the same passion as me!!
So just thought would be nice if we could get to know one another (i'm fairly new to posting on this board as well)
Hope all is well, hope to hear from someone!!

Hi, welcome to the madhouse! :) As someone said earlier: better late than never!

Which part of Bristol are you from? Do you know Clevedon? Horrible little place - I spent a couple of years there, unfortunately. Then moved to Bath for 3 years before moving on again.

Lynz said:
:wave: Hello I'm from Liverpool! :D

Born in Liverpool, spent my first 8 years there.

buddie2001 said:
U2 fan from Hull in East Yorkshire.

Been a fan since around War album and seen them 11 times highlighting in Slane 1 and getting a place in the outer heart.

Looking forward to the tour in the summer once its confirmed.

I know what you mean about not coming across big U2 fans though, its like they're out of fashion but the following is massive when it comes to trying to get tickets.
:wave:
I went to uni in Hull, lived in Newland Ave area!

gas panic said:
Hello , im From Connah's quay - north wales, hello to you all.
how2dismantle04 said:
Hey. I'm from Cardiff in Wales. Got into U2 thanks to a friends copy of the Slane gig, and I've been a fan since.
My housemate and best friend comes from Dolgellau... and she was born in Cardiff.

boystupidboy said:
Looks like i'm the only one from sunny Coventry.......hello everyone.God i DO love u2!!
ATB-LEE-U2COVENTRYENGLANDUK
My best friend from school teaches at the university in Coventry - and my fiances best friend lives there.

Squishy Peanut said:
Hey, hey! I live in Croydon (i.e. Hell-On-Earth) :eyebrow:

I spent a year living in Coulsdon.

onegirl said:
Oh, hi guys,

i'm really new to interference and live in Hertforshire

:wave:

I'm in Welwyn Garden City.

How utterly odd that I stumbled across this 3 year old thread and found so many connections! :ohmy:
Small world eh? :)
U2 rock! Obviously. :)

Last edited:
Looking back over my post there - there were 64 messages in this thread, in total, before I posted. I'm a bit freaked out by how many of those I have a direct link with. Very odd!! :ohmy:

celia said:
YEAH!!!

LONDON BABY!

But even more improtant IRELAND!!!

:laugh: :hyper: haha

Well if we wait a fortnight before doing MANCHESTER BABY! and we carry on like that we might be able to keep this thread going until June, but I must say strictly no MANCHESTER BABY until the 17th.

CARLISLE lad ere, been following U2 since october (thats the album not HTDAAB release date), well mother had me brainwashed on U2, I took over the flame from Achtung Baby.
Any other people north of Manchester????

I'm from Devon Aardvark! And I've only just looked at this thread after being on the forum for months, doh!!

Im going to Cardiff, cant wait! I read from another thread that you are too Celia. So are you also going to London AND Ireland?! My dream would be to be seeing every UK date. :sad:

im not british but i saw u2 at earls court and that was amazing!

pop marter said:
I'm from Devon Aardvark! And I've only just looked at this thread after being on the forum for months, doh!!

Im going to Cardiff, cant wait! I read from another thread that you are too Celia. So are you also going to London AND Ireland?! My dream would be to be seeing every UK date. :sad:

Yeah Im going Cardiff, London and Dublin - ive been really lucky swapping and buying spares off people.

Cant wait to go to Dublin. Ive wanted to go for such a long time, seeing U2 just brings the trip forward! :)

I wish I could see every UK date too, and a few other countries :wink:

See ya in Cardiff! :up:

less than a month and counting till manchester on the 14th............and my tickets still haven't bloody arrived :madspit:

anyone know when they get delivered??

1stepcloser

Ticketmaster are saying tickets won't go out till the end of May.

I want my tickets............. :mad:

Manchester tickets have started to be sent out.

Don't have mine yet but some poeple have received them in the post today

:)

Manchester 14th June

Got tickets this morning.

Think the postman was a bit scared when I ran at him with a half crazed look on my face.

:)

Well I'm not english but did have a great time in Liverpool a few years ago. Of course I was under the influence of the holy robert Cain mild for most of the trip so sometimes my memories are muddy!

Back
Top Bottom