Aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2005, 05:29 AM   #46
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by forbonou2
Well, good then! I love October anyways..hee, but no, don't have hayfever!! Whew! Actually, Angela....I am from CAlifornia! I have heard said, Australia weather is similar to S. Cal(LA to u!)! And I love the water!! It's the sun I have learned to watch out for....! Bringing plenty of sunscreen! An a camara! Ah, Angela..i am 44, just started school in March, got 2 years to go..it's not that bad of an adjustment, really! You go girl! U can Do It!!! And that cheer is brought to you by an old truck driver! hee..lol! now, I KNOW i have u confused hee!!! Just HAD to change careers, that's all..Culinary Management major here!
I'm about to say 44 isn't too old lol. I forgot about this thread. Now I'm 28 though and have returned to fulltime studying. Not that anyone even reads this anymore Doing my art course. Finally.

Chizzer, Kangas love you too.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:38 AM   #47
New Yorker

Local Time: 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip
im not australian but i like kangaroos
To eat?

Old 05-26-2005, 06:05 AM   #48
War Child

Local Time: 04:09 PM
A Melbournian here Narre Warren - Pakenham line
Old 05-26-2005, 08:38 PM   #49
The Fly

Eat kangaroo? I have once on a school excursion once, it was one of those bush tucker bush walks.
Kangaroo is actually a very healthy meat. It’s still a little odd to think about eating it!

Angela, how is the fine arts course going? i would love to do one. I was thinking about it at the end of school, but its not a very practical qualification. Instead I'm doing law!! a far cry form the arts!
Oh well…
Old 05-26-2005, 11:32 PM   #50
Jesus Online

hahah my cats eat roo meat. it's bloody expensive though, $4.29/kilo

the course is going great! i'm just about done my first semester and am in assessment phase week after next, then it's over for 3 beautiful weeks lol. i've got only 1 theory module, the rest are prac, so it's great. i should also confess i skipped going through uni for it and took the tafe route but i wanted more prac skills anyway. if i do decide to take up teaching or art therapy, i can do the teaching dip. afterward. and there's always time later for a degree. how's your degree(s) going? do you do them seperately or are they mixed? ive always wondered how on earth they fit 2 degrees in only 5 years, but i guess for the law you skip all the first year psych and so on crap you'd do in your first year b.a. ...or is this counted as one degree only?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:21 AM   #51
The Fly

its a double degree, I do slightly less arts units than a pure arts degree as some of the law units count in the arts degree. first and second year you do 3 arts and 1 law subject a semester. third year (which I’m in now) its 2 law and 2 arts subjects.
this means I finish my arts degree at the end of this year. but I don’t get the degree until I graduate from law as well. if I dropped out I would have achieved my degree.

My law is set subjects till 4th year. All my arts are electives. I'm majoring in politics.

The degrees when stand alone, are both 3 years, so together they are 5 cause I do less arts subject. I think its done like that cause you have to do undergrad Law degrees as a double degree. Straight out of school you cant to pure law. only as a postgrad or a mature aged student.

Does that all make sense? If it doesn’t I'm sorry…. I'm in the middle of 3 assignments and getting sick! Fun!!!

What are you doing your fine arts course through? I'm jealous!
Old 05-27-2005, 08:42 PM   #52
Jesus Online

That makes perfect sense lol. I remember when a couple of years ago, UAC (?) decided that law could only be postgrad or from school with another, like a double degree. My husband, who has a degree already in Computer Science, decided to do law postgrad as well (which he later dropped out of) and the course was set up as evening tuts only - no lectures or anything. It was weird. But at the time, pshycology for example was a compulsory unit for all degrees and that was skipped along with some others as it was already completed under his Comp. Sci. degree.
I'm so envious of you, doing this degree! By the time I'm ready to try uni, I reckon all the courses will have changed again so I'll have to wait a couple of years and decide from there lol. I'm currently at Western Sydney TAFE at the Kingswood campus, so most of us end up at UWS anyway doing the BA and a lot of them end up at ours, doing the Adv. Dip. Which is what I'm doing now. In total, that would be 6 years, but I would like to avoid the straight BA and do something more specific, like Art History, or if I can manage it, the BA/Law. Who knows lol. I have no idea where I'll end up when I'm done.

I hope you feel a bit better soon. Stress will make it worse, so I hope you're not too bogged down!