Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellz no! Pictures are only for the awesome professionals like yourself. Us amateurs know nothing about presentation. It's more like Put it on the table and stand back, out of the way of the stampede! :lol:

That makes me sad. :sad:

I :heart: pics of food! Even though I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years (that's why I only work with sugar!) I still enjoy seeing pictures of what people make :)

That makes me sad. :sad:

I :heart: pics of food! Even though I've been a vegetarian for over 20 years (that's why I only work with sugar!) I still enjoy seeing pictures of what people make :)

:hug: Ok, just for you. :) Next time I make something I'll try to remember to take a pic of it. I think the salad I made for the Death Valley trip came out pretty; I should've taken a picture of that. Damn!

Yep, he had me at cornbread.

:lmao:

The salad was very pretty. Next time we do that, I'll bring a folding table or at least a tray so we don't have to worry about anything spilling or falling over.

Thanks, Dev. :)

I think if we'd had better weather and more time, we could've set-up lunch better and more leisurely. But given the storm and time constraints, I think we all just wanted to get some food in our stomachs a.s.a.p. and be on the way. But you're so right, Dev: there was sort of a Hitchcockian tension on whether all the food was going to tumble onto the ground! :lol:

:lol: it's true. I was terrified I'd be the one to knock that pretty salad into the dirt.

And that great guacamole almost took a dive a few times. But alas... it survived and was tasty good.

Can't wait til the next trip. Bodie. Wherever. The JT/Zabriskie trip was a great time with some amazing peoples (you guys rock!)

Other 'dream' trips?

• Moydrum and Slane Castles
  • HQ, Pt Depot (would be great to see U2 play a handful of shows there, as the did in 1989.
  • Plus any and all other U2 related Irish locations.
The Riad in Fez (where NLOTH was recorded)

Hey Devlin - Are you in Indiana right now? Remembered that you had a conference coming up there? If so, hope all is well and wish you safe travels.

Just browsed the last 15 pages of this thread to catch up. Gorgeous photos everyone :applaud: Lovely fonts Edge_Orchestra :wink: and glad you all made it home safe & sound :hug:

Sorry these are late! :wave:

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Very nice yes! :wave: I love how you can see all the joshua trees in the far distance in the first and fifth pictures.

Oh wow! I was out in death valley this entire weekend too! I didn't make it to the tree this time. I was distracted by a zillion different things ...oops. I'd be happy to share pics with anyone that cares haha
I did make it to zabriskie again but the winds were SO VIOLENT I doubt the camera I was using was able to capture a steady picture. The winds were so strong at ZP that we didn't even feel the earthquake on Sunday.

As I was telling Fitz, next years trip to the tree must be a camping trip. There is simply too much to see out there.

Oh wow! I was out in death valley this entire weekend too! I didn't make it to the tree this time. I was distracted by a zillion different things ...oops. I'd be happy to share pics with anyone that cares haha
I did make it to zabriskie again but the winds were SO VIOLENT I doubt the camera I was using was able to capture a steady picture. The winds were so strong at ZP that we didn't even feel the earthquake on Sunday.

As I was telling Fitz, next years trip to the tree must be a camping trip. There is simply too much to see out there.

A camping trip would be great. Fantastic idea.

We need a 3-day weekend! Maybe add Bodie ghost town to the agenda? Just a thought.

We'll all have more money and should have time off left from work as (so far) there are no tour dates for 2011.

I kind of stumbled upon this thread , and I wish I could go.
Really, If I ever get out of europe, In my life, this is what I would be going to do.
Its far away but worth it, I love all the picture's, I would die to make some right there.

^ I stumbled upon this thread because I saw that you'd posted in it domo :giggle:

The photographs here are beautiful. Its one of my ambitions artistically to photograph death valley :yes: Ive given myself 3 years as my limit....despite the fact that I have no idea how Im going to fund it or organise anything. But this is what interference is for! :D

we should go domo :hi5:

Stalker :tsk:

Lets do this! Can be done in three years. :hi5: you can only reach something like this when you look at it the positive way. Its a looong flight but well worth it. We should go and trip around america anyay. But that is my absolute goal. Death Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom