Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mbodiehotelwide.jpg

:bow: Martha is a god! She's been everywhere and done everything! (Well, seemingly, at least.)

hmmm. Well, then. That's another challenge for me. Although it looks like it could be the road near Death Valley Junction, but I'm not sure.

I haven't found those yet. But now I must!

Or it could be anywhere. :reject:

Really? Wow! I actually feel like I remember the location for these poles mentioned somewhere, but now I have no idea where... :hmm: but yes I think they might be on the road between the tree and Death Valley.

So I was thinking, someone (far more geographically savvy than me) should figure out the sunset time for that date, so that we can plan our approximate driving time wisely to make sure we're not out there trying to see all these cool, iconic images and take pictures in the desert dark! :lol:

We should be fine if we meet for breakfast around 8 am. Have we talked about a time to meet at the cafe yet?

Nothing firm. Dev did post something about starting earlier since we have more ground to cover, but I believe that was just a suggestion. I think she said Mel's Diner opens at 6:00, but I think that might be a tad early for the crackheads coming from far . . . like San Diego. :wink:

As long as we don't dally, and spend significantly less time at the tree, I think we'll be ok. But I'm fine with whatever time the group chooses.

Whatever everyone decides will be fine for me :) We'll be coming from San Diego that morning so at least it's good that breakfast is planned. If for some unforeseen reason we are late, we can still meet you there before you finish eating and stay on schedule.

AWESOME pic beegee!!!

I thought about coming out and meeting you guys somewhere on your adventure but I think it would be almost impossible since I would be coming in from the opposite side. Maybe next year you could all stay the night in Vegas after coming through Death Valley!

Nothing firm. Dev did post something about starting earlier since we have more ground to cover, but I believe that was just a suggestion. I think she said Mel's Diner opens at 6:00, but I think that might be a tad early for the crackheads coming from far . . . like San Diego. :wink:

As long as we don't dally, and spend significantly less time at the tree, I think we'll be ok. But I'm fine with whatever time the group chooses.

...That early in the morning? Crackheads haven't even gone to sleep yet! It shouldn't be a huge problem, right? They can make it early! :up: :D

Have we a set time. I keep hearing Mel's diner. Mel's diner where? Got an address or where it is so I can Goog-u-late it?

Good for me :)

I'm going to check to see who's numbers I have in my phone already, I know I have some of you! We'll stay in touch that day like we did last time.

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Is THIS the Mel's in question? I'm "Directionally Challenged" so I want to make sure I am finding the right place.

:D

melsdrive-in.com

11550 Fourth Street
Rancho Cucamonga, California

Ontario, known as the Gateway to Southern California, is home to the first “Next Generation” Mel’s Drive-in to be built from the ground up. This Inland Empire Mel’s is one of hundreds of attractions at Ontario Mills, the largest shopping center in Southern California and one of the largest in North America. Ontario Mills is a haven for movie lovers, who can chose from a vast selection of films at the AMC 30 Theatres and Edwards Ontario Palace Stadium 22 & IMAX multiplexes. Whether you’ve just landed at LA/Ontario International Airport or are coming from the world class Ontario Convention Center, you will find a satisfying meal waiting for you at Mel’s.

To-Go: (909) 484 - 9100
Sunday - Thursday: 6 AM - 11 PM
Friday - Saturday: 6 AM - 1 AM
Click for driving directions from:
11550 Fourth Street Rancho Cucamonga California 91731 - Google Maps

Sadly, I won't be able to join in. Something has come up and I won't be able to go.
I tried to get out of the other situation, but it seems highly unlikely.

Have a great time and take lots of video.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom