Annual Joshua Tree road trip in January. (Gathering) Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ :giggle:

Hangover? amature :tsk:

After all of the people who said, or thought, they were coming, is anyone on the final list who didn't come with us last year? Oh, Jeff. and Christie if she doesn't back out. Otherwise it's the same crew as last year. We'll have to call/text/picmessage Nic from the tree. (and BF1, and Jmath)

ETA: Outsider is new this year too!!! Goody!!!

Last year I mentioned the idea of buying walkie talkies so we can keep in touch between the cars. The cellphone service out there is non-existent as you remember. I guess if we're going to be all in the same van I don't need to bother?

We're going in two or three cars with bonocomet and family leading the way, but I think she and Zooey had talked about exchanging printed directions just in case. I think the rental van should have one, but does anyone have a GPS they could bring if we needed it?

^ :giggle:

After all of the people who said, or thought, they were coming, is anyone on the final list who didn't come with us last year? Oh, Jeff. and Christie if she doesn't back out. Otherwise it's the same crew as last year. We'll have to call/text/picmessage Nic from the tree. (and BF1, and Jmath)

ETA: Outsider is new this year too!!! Goody!!!

ah sure iz!! I've driven past many times but never stopped. I'm really glad I found you all and that I'll be going on this adventure!

We're going in two or three cars with bonocomet and family leading the way, but I think she and Zooey had talked about exchanging printed directions just in case. I think the rental van should have one, but does anyone have a GPS they could bring if we needed it?

I think you have to pay extra for the GPS. I can ask at the desk when I pick it up, but if anyone has one, that'd be awesome. And do I need to bring my cigarette lighter/ipod charger thingy? Or does someone have one? The less I have to bring on the plane the better.

oh, and
:hyper:

I think you have to pay extra for the GPS. I can ask at the desk when I pick it up, but if anyone has one, that'd be awesome. And do I need to bring my cigarette lighter/ipod charger thingy? Or does someone have one? The less I have to bring on the plane the better.

oh, and
:hyper:

And thank you for arranging all this!looking forward to seeing you woman!

I have an iPod charger, AUX input and FM transmitter that I can bring.

Is it Saturday morning yet? :crack:

:drool: :faint:
Joshua_tree_20th.jpg

Should we call them now? Who's going to be who in the picture? (You know we're going to do it, so we might as well call slots now.)

I think Dev should be Bono because she's got the long-ish, shoulder-length hair. I have a stubbly facial something going on right now, so I guess I could be Edge. (But I'd need the hat.) Or, I wear glasses, so I could be Adam also. :hmm:

I have a GPS unit in my car, a hiking unit, and one on my phone that we could use. :) what? Are you really suprised that I have that many devices?

Not so fast there, Trev: you might be in the front seat and I may be in the back seat of the van.

We might need those walkie-talkies after all.

;-P

*static sound* Ah breaker, breaker pink cookie what's your 20? *static sound*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom