Rehab - YDW Style.....see inside for support group details....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
blm said:
Confession: I am trying not to lose my grip on reality if you don't mind!!
It is becoming more difficult. :censored: :crack: :reject:

seriously, HOW can I pretend to be good for xmas with all these temptations sliding under my nose?

:angel:... :macdevil:...

first that soft voice, then BF's pics with those sweet blue eyes and that tongue (damn YDW :madwife: it's no more an anatomy affair for me...:bow: ) and that :drool: chest coming out from that car...:faint:

:help:

blm said:
We must be strong, onekea.
I am HOPELESS
:banghead: :crack: :combust:

...:no: I won't be strong, blm..expecially recalling someone singing "teach me...I'm not a hopeless case"...:sexywink: ...and how many things would I have to teach him...:evil:...I mean regarding my italian habits...of course... :angel:

:banghead:

Very cute you are, onekea!!!

My 6 yr old daughter is using Bono as a bribe lately!!
When she wants something, she will say to me, "I'll get you a (she will fill in the blank here with various Bono things, like B himself, cds, pictures)- I am in big trouble. The other night she said she would get me a pair of slippers shaped like Bono!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: Let's not even go there!!

blm said:
My 6 yr old daughter is using Bono as a bribe lately!!

really a clever girl knowing how to achieve what she wants! :up:

she's so cute :cute:

well, mothers addicted to bono should have a respect treatment in our support group...they are very worn out :crazy:

I'm sorry girls there won't be anything for a couple of days now. I'm having a really shit time at work. I'm going to hand in my notice on Thursday after 9 years as I've had enough of petty bitching and being caught up in the middle of it. (cos I work with both ppl concerned and yeah, I'm like stuck between the two). I just want a quiet life...:mad: I've totally had it..

Sorry, I'm just so pissed off just now.

:rant: :angry: I hate that. Sorry you are caught up in it, YDW :hug:
(hopefully you will get some peace and satisfaction in your next endeavor ). Things happen for a reason, I believe.

I am calling an emergency session.
sweetie has made a statement in the gorgeous pix thread.
Now i can't concentrate again. And it isn't fair.
:censored: :rant:
(can't i have him for a little while???)
gotta go check my laundry-:sad:

youvedonewhat said:

Sorry, I'm just so pissed off just now.

I haven't been replying to any of your chapters recently cos my life has taken a shitty turn too - but I have enjoyed reading what you've posted. I hope your problems get sorted :up: Your stories make me smile when little else does :)

blm said:
I am calling an emergency session.
sweetie has made a statement in the gorgeous pix thread.

gotta go check my laundry-:sad:

:yes: sweetie has got to put on paper her statement right now!

besides, we know very well how good she is in putting bono on a bed...although the waterfall... :drool:

and blm, focus on the laundry...focus my friend...hey! what are you thinking of looking at the machine???!!! :sexywink:

angelindevils036.jpg

angelindevils038.jpg

just some eye candy to tie us over while we wait for a new chapter ;)

You are so THANKFULLY naughty BF1!! My problem is trying NOT to picture him in my mind.:drool:
I am going to look for another YDW or other Bono fic to read- any suggestions from the pleba archive?????

TotalU2Nut- I am sending some good vibes your way. Hang in there.:hug:

Last edited:
Don't know if this is the right place, but:
Just read the CNN article B wrote on Al Gore.
It is beautifully written. BUT, did he have to write ".....the eco-warrior with whom I share a bed...". Because my mind went from serious and political, etc. to :drool: WHY OH WHY DOES HE HAVE TO DO THAT.

Total U2 Nut said:

I haven't been replying to any of your chapters recently cos my life has taken a shitty turn too - but I have enjoyed reading what you've posted. I hope your problems get sorted :up: Your stories make me smile when little else does :)

...Thanks for this. Writing helps me escape although sometimes things get so heavy I'm useless for anything. Still things are looking up. I've been signed off work for 2 weeks due to stress so now I gets Christmas off...:yippie: :yippie: :yippie: And then when I go back I'll resign. Look for pastures new.

I hope your life takes a turn for the better. Shitty times always come to an end, I know, but it's the getting through them that makes it hard. Still, my best wishes to you. I hope your life improves quickly. :kiss: (That's from me). :kiss: (..and that's from Bono. I'm sure he won't mind...)....

Aw, thanks ydw et blm, it's nice to know people care :hug: I broke up for christmas today, so that's two weeks away from college which will do me the world of good :) - I'm glad things are looking up for you :up:

Total U2 Nut said:
Aw, thanks ydw et blm, it's nice to know people care :hug: I broke up for christmas today, so that's two weeks away from college which will do me the world of good :) - I'm glad things are looking up for you :up:

...You know today I was on my own at home. The family were all out working so I'm in the kitchen making sausage rolls for Christmas and I puts U2 on the disc player. As I'm on my own, I think, great, turn it up, baby, turn it up.

So Bono comes along singing his heart out in Pride. And it's VERY loud.

My reason for this rambling is simple; what is it about this guys voice that brings about in me the need to sing along with him no matter how pissed off I'm feeling?

This has happened before. I dunno why but there it is.

Ok, goings now...:kiss:

BTW, whatever it is; it will pass. Don't let it ruin your Christmas/holiday period. Life is too friggin' short! and I'm sick of ppl ruining special occasions of mine. They ruined my birthday in November. They are not going to ruin my Christmas. I'm going to rise above it and f*** them!

I think I should leave now.. :reject:

Last edited:
I know what you mean :yes: A guy in one of my classes died this (last) week and it was so sudden an unexpected that it threw me off completely, he was such a nice, sweet, unassuming guy - and for a bunch of 17/18 year olds, that's a hard thing to understand. Just last week we were talking about going to uni and stuff, and whether we'd started revision for January exams (we hadn't) and now he's gone. There's no sense in it, and he had a whole life to live... you just realise how potentially short life is. I dunno about anyone else, but before this I didn't think about death at all, it was something that only happened to old people... :huh: Meh.

Yeah anyway, sorry I kinda put a downer on everything, but the short and short of it is, I don't want to let whatever's going on spoil Christmas, but then, eh, I'm waffling.

Total U2 Nut said:
I know what you mean :yes: A guy in one of my classes died this (last) week and it was so sudden an unexpected that it threw me off completely, he was such a nice, sweet, unassuming guy - and for a bunch of 17/18 year olds, that's a hard thing to understand. Just last week we were talking about going to uni and stuff, and whether we'd started revision for January exams (we hadn't) and now he's gone. There's no sense in it, and he had a whole life to live... you just realise how potentially short life is. I dunno about anyone else, but before this I didn't think about death at all, it was something that only happened to old people... :huh: Meh.

Yeah anyway, sorry I kinda put a downer on everything, but the short and short of it is, I don't want to let whatever's going on spoil Christmas, but then, eh, I'm waffling.

I am so sorry about this, Total U2 Nut. This is absolutely awful! To loose anyone, whether they be young or old, known or just an aquaintence is horrrible and a terrible shock. :hug: My heart goes out to you. Life is a bastard sometimes. It kicks you when you're down and yet other times you might sit back and wonder why it's so good when everyone else's is shite.

I know exactly how you are feeling. I know that I'm older then you but I still remember when I was 18, a guy I knew very well and was very close to up and died on me. It was the most devastating and traumatic thing I'd ever suffered. I will never forget him. He was kind and sweet and interesting and so unlike most of the guys I knew back then. I still think about him. I still feel sad about him. 'Course, he'd have been a grown man by now.

I often wonder how he'd have turned out. I still have his photo's. And I still feel a sense of loss. It will never go away and no matter where you end up or where you go; you won't forget him. And yes, he had his whole life ahead of him. It's so unfair but you have to continue. You have to make it work. Christmas for you this year is going to have a hint of sadness about it. Especially when it comes to New Years Eve - another year passing and all that.

You'll move on. You might not like it or think it but you will move on. You'll be a more understanding person for it as well. We are what we experience; simple as that. You've learned a very hard lesson. No one should have to go through that but we do.

I hope you don't think that I'm just rambling. I would like you to know that I've been where you are and I understand. :hug: :hug: :hug:

That wasn't ramble at all, it made so much sense, thank you. It's tough cos I only found out Monday, but I've had to carry on with college work and getting shitty things like references sorted, and it all seems so inconsequential in comparison. I want to stamp my feet like a little kid and complain that life isn't fair. It's not. Things like this should never happen.

I think I probably have more to say, but I can't really put it right... thanks for what you said. It means alot :)

Total U2 Nut said:
That wasn't ramble at all, it made so much sense, thank you. It's tough cos I only found out Monday, but I've had to carry on with college work and getting shitty things like references sorted, and it all seems so inconsequential in comparison. I want to stamp my feet like a little kid and complain that life isn't fair. It's not. Things like this should never happen.

I think I probably have more to say, but I can't really put it right... thanks for what you said. It means alot :)

Every day stuff is inconsequental to someone suffering like you. To everyone else, it's sad. That's it. But to you, personally, it means a whole lot more. It's the way it is. Take time out to greive, to feel anger, to feel regret. You have to go through all these emotions to get to the other side. When you do, you'll still be the same person underneath but you'll have more sympathy with anyone else going through the same thing.

I guess in the end it makes us better ppl. I dunno.

:hug:

It makes us more connected, and gives us more empathy and compassion. Without love and caring, we have nothing.
That is part of why we love u2.
I believe this is one reason we have all found each other here.
We support and care about each other. I feel very connected to many on this site. (I would spend so many more hours on here if I could). Sharing experiences is so important.
Bono says it the best- "we get to carry each other". :heart: :hug:

NOW, if only I could connect to Bono:drool:

You're right :yes: I don't feel like I can talk to my family about it cos they didn't know him and I don't want to ruin festive cheer and whatnot, and apparently it's not good to keep stuff like this to yourself, so to know I can talk to people anonymously without them judging or anything... It's perfect, and thank you.

I don't post on here a super-amount, but I read what people have to say and some stuff really brightens my day - Pop Bono in particular :shifty: but yeah, I don't make a very good agony aunt, but to know that there's support here, it helps :up: :)

Total U2 Nut said:
You're right :yes: I don't feel like I can talk to my family about it cos they didn't know him and I don't want to ruin festive cheer and whatnot, and apparently it's not good to keep stuff like this to yourself, so to know I can talk to people anonymously without them judging or anything... It's perfect, and thank you.

I don't post on here a super-amount, but I read what people have to say and some stuff really brightens my day - Pop Bono in particular :shifty: but yeah, I don't make a very good agony aunt, but to know that there's support here, it helps :up: :)

You can 'talk' to me any time you like.

Gherkinontherun@Hotmail.co.uk :hug:

Back
Top Bottom