(11-22-2004) U2 Take New Album to the Streets of New York -- Reuters*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20041122/i/r4073153922.jpg[/SIMG]
U2 Take New Album to the Streets of New York

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Irish rockstar Bono brought traffic to a standstill at the heart of New York on Monday, blasting out songs from U2's latest album as the band cruised down Broadway on a flatbed truck.
Office workers on their lunch-breaks whipped out their camera phones to catch the surprise appearance by the band whose album "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" is released in Britain on Monday and in the United States on Tuesday.

"I can't believe it. I have to call my mom right now," said one tourist in a crowd of hundreds as Bono sang Christmas favorite "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" in Times Square.

The stunt was filmed for the video of the forthcoming single "All Because of You" and the band was due to make another free appearance in Brooklyn later in the day.

More pictures can be found here.

Last edited:
It sounds very Rolling Stones to me! (next thing you know they're gonna announce a tour from a lavish boat)... but that said... lucky NY people. I'm glad you didn't end up seeing Bon Jovi!

It was great, I just got home. Im sure everyone will be posting soon. It's going to air on the 8th of Dec. on MTV.
That horrid show "Jammed" They made Bono say
"Brooklyn you just been jammed"
It was the best show. Im still in awe..

Back
Top Bottom