(09-24-2004) KROQ Has 'Vertigo' -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
KROQ Has "Vertigo"

Interference.com has heard from Los Angeles alternative-rock station KROQ that they plan to begin playing "Vertigo" either today or tomorrow. If you're in Southern California, tune in to 106.7 FM for your chance to hear U2's new song.

Thanks Jay!

Last edited:
...and if you live in Northern Cal (SF Bay Area), you can hear Vertigo tomorrow at 11:55am on Live 105 (fm 105.3). Just heard a promo spot for it this morning!!!

Classic U2!!!
Great solid song. Wish Edge's solo was a bit stronger, but all in all a great song!

THANKS!

Kick ass song! Very melodic. I thought i'd be let down after all the hype, but the song rocks at first listen and then gets better on repeat.

And, yes, after the first listen my only complaint was Edge wusses out on the solo (just like in Beautiful Day)...woulda liked a Fly-like solo, but, hey, i'm not going to second guess U2 too much.

I love the backing track call-backs (i.e. "Hola" to the "Hello hellos", and then whatever Spanish word is said afterward).

Sets up the album perfectly.

What´s up with these spanish (portoguese?) people nowadays? They get all the fun! First bootleg, the videoshoot, and now they get the first radioperformance.....:drool: :drool: :drool:

But are we shure this is the singleversion? Almost sounds live in the beginning, with the "uno, dos, tres, quatro"-thing....

GREAT SONG btw. Can´t wait to hear it in good quality sooon!

Lyrics for Vertigo

Hey, here are the lyrics except two lines in the middle 8

Lights go down, it’s dark
The jungle is your head
Can’t rule your heart
I’m feeling so much stronger
Than I thought your eyes,
are wide and though your soul
It can’t, be bought your mind can wander

Hello Hello Well I’m
At a place called vertigo
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
But you,
Give me something
I can feel!

The night, is full of holes,
Cause bullets hit the sky
Of ink, with gold,
They twinkle as the boys
Play rock and roll
They know that they can’t dance
At least they know
I can smell the feet
I’m asking for the check
Girl with crimson nails
Has jesus round the neck
Swinging to the music
Swinging to the music
Ohhhh

Hello Hello Well I’m
It’s everything I wish I didn’t know
But you,
Give me something
I can feel!

xxxx
Just fall
xxxx

All of this can be yours
All of this can be yours
Just give me what a want
And nobody gets hurt

Hello Hello Well I’m
Lights go down on all I know
But you,
Give me something
I can feel!

I can feel your love teaching me
Your love is teaching me

Dalton...You are the MAN!!
This is so f'n awesome...The Edge is always that way with the solo...remember how BTBS took on a whole new solo when it was played live I would expect the same for Vertigo...IT KICKS IT BIG TIME!!!!
Now to go listen for the 5th time...bye!

WOW!!! Extremely f*&king GREAT!!! Is this live??? Or maybe off the famous "stolen CD"??? It sounds amazing, except for the digital quality... Also sounds a bit unpolished, like the spanish countoff by Bono, still, it's truly the best first single I've ever heard... Hey b0b, what does your version sound like??? Plan on posting it???

Whew! I took the time to figure out the lyrics, now I can't stop just listening! And we thought they might have gone soft...so how did a Croation radio station get it out first?

damn.....i hate not having a sound card. for this stupid computer. :madspit:

does anyone in TO know when edge 102 might be playing it?

:drool: :drool: :drool: WHAT A GREAT SONG :drool: :drool: :drool:

IM GOING TO GUITAR LESSON IM GOING TO HAVE THIS TABBED FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ARE INTRESTED!!! :wink:

WHOOEEE I LOVE THIS SONG

Headache in a Suitcase said:
people people... go to www.u2valencia.com

they have a full quality, no croatian dj rip of the song in all it's glory...

YAHTZEE

Damn straight YAHTZEE
i honestly cannot stop playing the song - I love it so much
Who knew I'd love the genra "punk rock on venus?" 'cause I do

I can confirm that 92.3 K-Rock just played Vertigo 3 times in a row at 3:55 PM and will continue to do so every hour throughout the weekend along with a U2 promotional giveaway of UPod's (iPOD filled with U2 songs)

vertigo

Just downloaded and listened many times, this is what we have been waiting for, not a let down but better than I could have hoped for.

Yahtzee speaks the truth.

This is a very good song and it's worth the extra effort to get the high quality version. Aaah. The Edge owns me in this song. Although this song sounds new, it really echoes a lot of the early "Boy/Oct/War" songs... very very solid!

YES THATS WHAT I AM SAYING......I HEARD IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW ON THE WAY HOME FROM WORK...........THEY WILL PROBABLY BE PLAYING IT AGAIN IN THE NEXT FEW MINUTES!!!

AS A MATTER OF FACT THEY JUST ANNOUNCED THAT THEY WILL PLAY IT AGAIN AT 5:00..THATS IN 5 MINUTES ON 92.3 KROCK IN NYC

Back
Top Bottom