(09-04-2004) Fall Season Gets In Tune -- Calgary Sun*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Fall Season Gets In Tune

by Mike Bell
Calgary Sun

It's that time of year. The wonderful time of year when record companies large and small open the spigots and unleash upon the public a torrential flood of CD releases.

So great is it, that around the Bell household (i.e. the cardboard box behind the Sun's dumpster which I share with my roommate Gary, whom I've fashioned out of bent coat hangers and old mittens) we put them in large piles and jump into them like children do with autumn leaves.

Yes, what fun we have, Gary and I, our whimsy dampened only slightly by the pointy edges of that new Yngwie Malmsteen record or the broken jewel box of Gospel Music's Reverentially Rockin' Hits 2004 puncturing my skin as if it were a ripe honeydew melon.

Good times. Good times.

And good times, too, for those who actually listen to music, as this fall's windfall features some of music's biggest names.

One of the biggest is U2, whose new studio album is set to hit stores Nov. 23 (please note all dates are tentative and subject to change, especially thanks to Internet leaks. Which are bad).

The hype has already started for the Steve Lillywhite-produced followup to 2000's All That You Can't Leave Behind, partially due to reports guitarist The Edge "lost" a CD containing unfinished versions of some of the songs.

How unfortunate.

I mean, except for the millions of dollars in free publicity it earned U2.

The first single for the 11-track as-yet-untitled release is Vertigo, which will be shipped to radio later this month.

A major tour is in the works and the band has already reportedly been sniffing out local dates for a spring return.

Nice to see a local paper mentioned.

As well, to find my name dropped by THE Mike Bell. Awesome.

Especially interesting, as he's usually pretty harsh on u2.

:sexywink:

I thought it was written much more interestingly and entertainingly than a lot of articles that just say what they mean and then leave.

Back
Top Bottom