(05-26-2005) Boston Night Two - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Boston Night Two

Ed. Note -- This is just your editor's opinion, but the set list in Boston tonight is quite possibly the most impressive of the whole Vertigo Tour. Word is that Aerosmith was in the house tonight.

The set list for Boston on May 26th is as follows:

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo / Walk this Way snippet
Elevation
Gloria
The Ocean
Beautiful Day / Dream On snippet
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / Johnny Comes Marching Home snippet/ Hands That Built America snippet
Running to Stand Still
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
------

The Fly
Until the End of the World
Out of Control
With or without You
--------

All Because of You
Original of the Species (dedicated to pregnant moms)
Bad

Thanks to U2Dork and all in the Boston 2 Set List parties!

U2.com covers the night here.

Last edited by a moderator:
running got scrapped because bono spent a record 15 minutes crapping on during the intros to miracle drug and one :blahblah:

this was my first U2 show (had tickets to an elevation show but got in a car accident so I couldn't ttend it).....it was unbelieveable...the best live act I've ever seen....I had waited so long to actually see them, this was worth every penny

Not the best setlist....definitely not.

Gloria was there, yet that should be a regular for this tour and every tour afterwards.

The main flaw in this set list was Until the End of the World replacing Zoo Station

First... a correction - a very moving version of RTSS was played after "Bullet", so the above list is slightly erroneous.

Intedomine: I cannot disagree with you more! If you were there, I know you'd feel otherwise. But even if you weren't there, this set-list is outstanding! While "Zoo Station" is always fantastic, I was stunned at how beautiful this setlist was! It really flowed! Plus, I was more than happy to sacrifice "Zoo Station" to hear "Gloria", "Out of Control", "With or Without You" and "Until the End of the World" (both of which are rarities on this tour), "Bad" and "Original of the Species". The encores were almost unplanned!

I felt that this show was OUTSTANDING. This was my third "Vertigo" concert and it was, by far, the best. The encores were beautiful! "With or Without You" started to play and Bono stopped them to do "Out of Control"!! He joked about needing a minute to get "organized". :) Then afterward they did "With or Without You"! I hadn't heard either song on the tour personally, so I was very happy.

As if that wasn't enough, for U2 to play "Origina of the Species" (which I did hear in Chicago - but this was another unplanned song), "Until the End..." and especially "Bad" (with a snippet of "40") nearly brought me to tears (tears of joy).

The crowd kept singing "40" after U2 left the stage and I wondered if U2 might, just might, come back and do the song. I was amazed by the fact that almost no one left and the crowd just sang it by itself! It was like the days of yore. But alas, the house lights went on and we left.

I'm not sure if Aerosmith was there, but Pats player Teddy Bruschi was and he received a wonderful round of wild cheers once he was recognized. :yes:

It was a brilliant concert. I'm so glad I didn't see them on Tuesday. ;) And I'm curious if they can even top this on Saturday! I had GA's, but couldn't arrive until normal show time. Yet my friend and I were still fairly close on the floor. Not by the rail, of course, but 10-15 people back, so not bad, especially as we didn't have to take time off from work and, more importantly, didn't have to do any waiting outside in the cold, wet, dreary, rainy New England weather. But New Englanders are a hearty bunch - and the crowd was REALLY into this show, even more than in Chicago, which is a bit surprising.

So I'm not sure what your "dream" setlist is, but this was near perfect for me. :yes:

doctorwho said:
The crowd kept singing "40" after U2 left the stage and I wondered if U2 might, just might, come back and do the song. I was amazed by the fact that almost no one left and the crowd just sang it by itself! It was like the days of yore. But alas, the house lights went on and we left.

I thought they would come back and do the song too. It was incredible!! Then, as I was walking towards the subway - a round of "how long.."' started again. It reminded me of how it felt leaving a concert in the 80's. :up:

Originally posted by doctorwho I'm not sure if Aerosmith was there, but Pats player Teddy Bruschi was and he received a wonderful round of wild cheers once he was recognized. :yes:
[/B]

I saw Steve Tyler. He was inside the elipse. I swear he had a lollypop. :)

Last edited:
:eek:
oops... How embarrasing...
Yes, Running to Stand Still was played and it had it's usual dedicaiton to the US military. I was cutting and pasting the setlist and I think during one of the updates I grabbed the list before RTSS was added and forgot to put it on the end. :reject:

Thanks to U2Girl1978, Ramblin' Rose and Lila64 for also providing updates from the show...

It was so incredible, wow. I had been hoping to get OOTS..

Al Gore was in nearly the same section I was in Tuesday night, I was behind the stage in a club seat last night. I wish I had brought my binoculars so I could have spied on him :D I wonder if he dances like Elaine from Seinfeld, I had a guy in front of me who did. Around 35, playing air guitar and dorky dancing to every song even Sometimes and RTSS, etc. Think the guy in Fever Pitch crossed w/ Jimmy Fallon from the SNL skits where he plays the annoying Boston dude and you get the picture..

I saw Tedi Bruschi in nearly that same section too, how awesome

also on u2tours they have listed Out of Control. Whats up with the peeps on this site??? Nothing personal. but if you cant get the whole set list to post then dont.

u2philly said:
also on u2tours they have listed Out of Control. Whats up with the peeps on this site??? Nothing personal. but if you cant get the whole set list to post then dont.

I see Out of Control on the list? It's one of the encores.

I have an official setlist in my hands....they really added quite a few things......Thanks to my anonomous backstage friend.

Sat night...I am there.

doctorwho said:
First... a correction - a very moving version of RTSS was played after "Bullet", so the above list is slightly erroneous.

Intedomine: I cannot disagree with you more! If you were there, I know you'd feel otherwise. But even if you weren't there, this set-list is outstanding! While "Zoo Station" is always fantastic, I was stunned at how beautiful this setlist was! It really flowed! Plus, I was more than happy to sacrifice "Zoo Station" to hear "Gloria", "Out of Control", "With or Without You" and "Until the End of the World" (both of which are rarities on this tour), "Bad" and "Original of the Species". The encores were almost unplanned!

I felt that this show was OUTSTANDING. This was my third "Vertigo" concert and it was, by far, the best. The encores were beautiful! "With or Without You" started to play and Bono stopped them to do "Out of Control"!! He joked about needing a minute to get "organized". :) Then afterward they did "With or Without You"! I hadn't heard either song on the tour personally, so I was very happy.

As if that wasn't enough, for U2 to play "Origina of the Species" (which I did hear in Chicago - but this was another unplanned song), "Until the End..." and especially "Bad" (with a snippet of "40") nearly brought me to tears (tears of joy).

I'm not sure if Aerosmith was there, but Pats player Teddy Bruschi was and he received a wonderful round of wild cheers once he was recognized. :yes:

It was a brilliant concert. I'm so glad I didn't see them on Tuesday. ;) And I'm curious if they can even top this on Saturday! I had GA's, but couldn't arrive until normal show time. Yet my friend and I were still fairly close on the floor. Not by the rail, of course, but 10-15 people back, so not bad, especially as we didn't have to take time off from work and, more importantly, didn't have to do any waiting outside in the cold, wet, dreary, rainy New England weather. But New Englanders are a hearty bunch - and the crowd was REALLY into this show, even more than in Chicago, which is a bit surprising.

So I'm not sure what your "dream" setlist is, but this was near perfect for me. :yes:
:up::up::up: Great post!! It really was a brilliant concert! Until Bono started saying, "Adam Clayton...Out of Control...Adam Clayton...Adam Clayton!!" I had been thinking that the show hadn't quite taken off...and then I screamed like a little girl every time they started another song for the rest of the show! It was definitely a dream setlist for me!

I burst into tears the when they started Bad and I cried for the next half hour. :laugh:

I had a great spot along the rail in GA and I met a lot of great people! The whole experience was amazing.

Dreadsox said:
I have an official setlist in my hands....they really added quite a few things......Thanks to my anonomous backstage friend.

Sat night...I am there.
What was on the official list? I would really like to know what had been originally planned!

There's a write-up of this show in the Boston Globe! I am quite impressed to see the Globe do reviews of both Boston shows. :yes:

The review states exactly how I felt - this show rocked! The review mentions how U2 turned it up even more for this show, creating a real powerhouse. Almost makes me wonder if U2 should have recorded this Boston show for the DVD!

My coworker/friend said he was wicked jealous of me. LOL! He was at Tuesday's concert and enjoyed it. But when he saw the set-list for the show I attended, he was quite envious. I consoled him by stating that even though he didn't see this show, there'll be more in the future. He was mollified. ;)

Originally posted by doctorwho

BostonAnne said:

I thought they would come back and do the song too. It was incredible!! Then, as I was walking towards the subway - a round of "how long.."' started again. It reminded me of how it felt leaving a concert in the 80's. :up:

I count myself among the group that thought the boys would come back, if for nothing else but to play 40. I think the guy who started that chorus was in the section next to us. Once the crowd got into it and the stage lights were pulsating, I held out hope that they might come back once more. It didn't matter, really, it was still an incredible ending to an incredible show.

Back
Top Bottom