(05-18-2006) Watch Bono in Africa May 23rd -- The One Campaign*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Watch Bono in Africa May 23rd

This week Bono began a six-country tour of Africa. His trip will shine the global spotlight on some of Africa's poorest nations. On Tuesday evening, May 23rd, for the first time in history, NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams will broadcast live from Africa; we are going to make sure this is an event to remember.

That night, ONE members all across the country will host house parties to watch this historic broadcast and get their community involved in the movement that is making poverty history. Please join us as we help Bono focus the world's attention on stories of hope and inspiration from Africa. Join your friends, have a bite to eat, watch the broadcast, and find out what's next. You will bring us one step closer to changing the world.

Can you host or attend a watch party this Tuesday?.

--The One Campaign
Our votes, our voices, and our time add fuel to a fire that will make America the world leader in the fight against poverty. Next Tuesday night that fight will be waged in living rooms all across the country. Have some chips, turn on the television, and come together with your friends and neighbors.

This is cool! I'd like to watch this live and even host a ONE event, but what time is going to be broadcast on the West Coast? I don't want to have host a slumber party :ohmy:

FYI:

Watching MSNBC today, they are advertising Nightly News
w/Brian Williams reporting from Africa - Monday!! and Tuesday.

MSNBC and the Today show, which comes on in the mornings, will also be in on some reporting. To what degree I'm not sure and this is from a report I heard this earlier today..

anyway I have my vcr programmed for monday and tues..just in case. I have to work till 7pm both days and Nightly news comes on at 5:30 (C). I usually watch the Today show anyway, before I leave for work in the mornings. We'll see!!

OMG that was lovely to watch!

Bono seemed so relaxed and was so articulate and looked stunning and there seemed to be great energy and I almost gasped aloud at the "eight songs" talk! That might make him seem floatingly upbeat! He doesn't know where this shit comes from, he says, but so pleasing for everyone that it does!

Surely added to my levels of optimism:happy:

cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom