(05-11-2005) Chicago, Night Three - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Chicago, Night Three

Editor's Note: U2.com has updated the set list for Chicago three. Listed first is the newly-updated set list with the U2.com original shown below.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry/ Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
Beautiful Day
New Years Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can¹t Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Pride in the Name of love
Where the Streets have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

All Because of You
Original of the Species
Vertigo

Third night in Chicago, here's what they played.

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry/ Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
Beautiful Day
New Years Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can¹t Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Pride in the Name of love
Where the Streets have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways

All Because of You
Original of the Species

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1537

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the show last night for Bono's birthday. The set list they posted was wrong. They did "Party Girl" after "Mysterious Ways" complete with pulling a girl onstage to play guitar with the Edge and Bono spraying a champagne bottle into the audience. Also, they didn't do "40" at all. Instead, they did an encore of "Vertigo" which had even more energy than the first time. Oh! And instead of "Yahweh" they did "Original of the Species" which was pretty good.

Last edited:
oy vey...how can the official website...u2.com get the friggin set list wrong! sheesh! they didn't end with 40...I wasn't even there and know this is totally wrong.

ummm, wrong last song

No "40", instead they finished with the "from the Italian for second" Vertigo. Way disappointing.

The u2.com posted setlist for Chicago 3 is incorrect on 3 counts:

1. Party Girl was played at the end of the first encore.

2. Vertigo closed the show (played a second time).

3. 40 was not played.

The girl they pulled from the audience on Tuesday was the same girl who came up on Monday and played Party Girl on her own volition. This time, Bono wanted her back for his bday. I was at both shows.

And yes, they did end with an amazing encore of Vertigo. The house lights stayed down for a minute or two after, making us think (hope) there might be a third encore because it was a special occasion.

The whole show itself went about 2 hours and 20 minutes, which I think is longer than usual for this tour.

U2.com probably based this on the set list that was handed out to the crew before the concert but the band changed everything up at the last minute. Thanks to everyone who's posted here for letting us know what really happened.

I wish I was at the Birthday show!!! I was at the first show in Chicago and it was AMAZING!!!!!:ohmy:

dsmith2904 said:
U2.com probably based this on the set list that was handed out to the crew before the concert but the band changed everything up at the last minute. Thanks to everyone who's posted here for letting us know what really happened.

Exactly. That was the intended setlist. I was given a copy of the setlist (!) after the show and it was on there.

What happened at the end was a spontaneous decision.

chicagoflyguy said:
The girl they pulled from the audience on Tuesday was the same girl who came up on Monday and played Party Girl on her own volition. This time, Bono wanted her back for his bday. I was at both shows.

And yes, they did end with an amazing encore of Vertigo. The house lights stayed down for a minute or two after, making us think (hope) there might be a third encore because it was a special occasion.

The whole show itself went about 2 hours and 20 minutes, which I think is longer than usual for this tour.

I was at both shows too! In fact, I just arrived back home (in MA).

I was disappointed that they ended Tuesday's show with a second performance of "Vertigo" - however - I'm nearly positive that was done for the DVD performance. As y'all know, they taped the Chicago shows for a DVD. Also, as I was waiting in the GA line on Tuesday, I got into a fan segment bit of recording! Woohoo! So I might be on the DVD! :)

Back
Top Bottom