(04-11-2007) U2 guitarist to be honoured by NYC Food Bank - Rock Radio*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 guitarist to be honoured by NYC Food Bank

U2 guitarist the Edge is being honored this month for his and the band's charitable work. The Food Bank Of New York City will salute the Edge at the annual Can-Do Awards Gala, which is being held at the Pier Sixty restaurant in the Chelsea Piers complex on April 23rd. U2 has supported the Food Bank for years, both by recording public service announcements and by contributing memorabilia to the organization's charity auctions -- and the Edge has also been a buyer, having picked up a lunchbox designed by former president Bill Clinton.

Clinton is the honorary chairman for the Can-Do Awards dinner, which will also pay tribute to actor and former Saturday Night Live castmember Jimmy Fallon, among others.

Tickets for the event run from $500 for an individual admission, all the way up to $50,000 for two prime tables that each seat 10 people. For more information, go to foodbanknyc.org.

The Food Bank Of New York City supplies 250,000 free meals every day to people in need throughout New York City.

The Rock Radio online
http://www.therockradio.com/2007/04/u2-guitarist-to-be-honoured-by-nyc-food.html

I had no idea U2 was involved with this charity. And that's for sure a hella expensive meal ticket! Hope they have pictures. Lucky Jimmy Fallon will get to schmooze with the Edge tho. :ohmy:

I'M THERE !!!!!!!
I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WAS
CAMERA IS READY TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom