(04-09-2006) Adam News: Wedding Bells and Home Improvement -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Adam News: Wedding Bells and Home Improvement

Ireland's Sunday Independent featured two Adam Clayton news items this week, one reporting that the bassist is engaged to girlfriend Susi (or Susie) Smith and the other stating that Adam has received permission to go ahead with remodeling plans at his Dublin home.

Of the engagement, the Independent said:

IT'S OFFICIAL. Adam Clayton has found what he's looking for. The U2 bassist has just got engaged to long-term girlfriend Susi Smith.

The dapper musician and the Canadian beauty announced their engagement to friends at a private party recently. My Deep Throat at the soiree told me that everyone was sworn to secrecy on pain of immediate exile. Well, there you go . . .

U2.com has announced the following:

Congratulations!

We can confirm the rumour that Adam Clayton is engaged to Canadian girlfriend, Susie Smith. The couple, who have been together for 10 years, are due to marry next year.

All of us at U2.Com wish Adam and Susie all the best for the future!

The paper said the following about the home improvements:

U2 BASSIST Adam Clayton has been given the green light for a series of developments at his heritage home in Dublin.

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council has given permission for the work at Danesmoate in Rathfarnham, a protected structure.

Clayton had applied to be allowed to carry out work on the external facade of the house as well as changes inside the home.

He will now be free to put in place new steps and a terrace at the south of the main house after getting the green light from the council. Permission has also been granted for a window at the gym at the ground floor in the house and the demolition and rebuilding of the boiler house.

Changes in layout of the house include the relocation of doors and changes to the guest bedrooms.

Plans to change the roof of the summer dining room and the estate manager's house have also been approved.

Last edited:
coemgen said:
You da man, Adam! Congratulations.

Anyone ever seen this woman?

Plenty of pics of her in PLEBA.

U2.com HAS confirmed that they are engaged, with the nuptials to take place next year. :)

Hah, I was actually just thinking [for god knows what reason] what Adam Clayton's love life was like since you always hear about the other three every now and again...so yeah, that's cool...but i really couldn't care less about what he's doing to his house, that's his business :wink:

I only can say what I have already said at PLEBA:
all the happiness and love in the world for them as one!
This news makes my heart jump out of my chest...I couldn't ask for anything more than to see the man I love - platonically, of course - so dearly.... :heart:
CONGRATS !!!
3.gif
:applaud:

it's an pain in the ass to just remodel a home, my father had to get permission and go through a bunch of crap just to build an addition to his house.

so annoying.

but uh, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom