(03-30-2005) Rumor: DVD Box Set on the Way? -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Rumor: DVD Box Set on the Way?

Editor's Note: Interference.com member bonosleftone posted the following information today about a possible forthcoming box set. We are looking into this but, at this moment, it is unconfirmed. Stay tuned to Interference.com for updates.

There is apparently a box set being planned that is due for release in the next few months. I talked to a friend of mine at Universal and this is what will be in/on it, there should be an official announcement in the next couple of months.

The title is "The U2 Live Compendium"

Disc 1 - Red Rocks Complete
Disc 2 - Zoo TV Sydney
Disc 3 - Popmart Sarajevo
Disc 4 - Elevation Notre Dame

There will also be a 5 Disc box in a metal case like thing that has Dublin 12/31/89 as an additional disc. All discs have extra materials, clips from other gigs, interviews etc. ZooTv, Popmart, and the Elevation discs have PC material with stage schematics and 3D virtual crap.

Dont know release dates or anything but this is whats gonna be on there apparently.

And so the rumor mill gets churned again. As much as I'd like to see a box set, I think this would be a pretty crap box set. Basically, I don't put any faith in these rumors. Anyone remember "Solar" and all the festival shows U2 was supposed to perform the last couple summers?

Here's what I posted in another thread:

The Red Rocks and ZooTV Sydney shows are a given with any future release IMO (although I'd much rather have ZooTV Dublin).

The Sarajevo show, while it meant a lot as we all know, just isn't a great U2 show. Bono's voice was shit; plain and simple. If you need evidence listen to the bootleg--Edge takes over singing a lot of the time because Bono lost his voice. I really really don't see them releasing this when they have the beautiful Santiago show, which is perfect IMO.

Elevation Notre Dame? This is the one I have real problems with. I've got the bootleg dvd and must say that this is one of the most boring U2 concerts of the Elevation Tour. The only real standout is the first performance of "What's Going On." Also, this show wasn't professionally filmed professionally like the other shows. Every Elevation Tour show had 4 cameras; 1 fixed on each band member and displayed overhead. That's how the show was filmed and put over the web--I highly doubt they would release such sub-par video.

Last edited:
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!! :hyper: :rockon:

That's probably going to cost A LOT but I'll fucking buy it for sure!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to have those concerts on DVD!!! And the Dublin show as an additional disk!! Fucking perfect!!!!! :drool:

Red Rocks...COMPLETE! Anyone know which songs were left off from the video release? I know the band wasn't happy with many of the songs from Red Rocks, but still...i'd love to see them, crappy or not.

Now this is a box set! I'd gladly pay big bucks for this as opposed to some box set concepts (coughcoughcoughdigital box setcoughcoughcough).

I can't wait to see the 12/31/89 show on DVD! I've got an audio boot, and I don't know how many times I've tried to imagine what that show looked like.

nobody reads this

Elevation Notre Dame :drool:

and the NEW YEAR's EVE show?.. :drool:

PS: START SAVING MONEY!!!!!

this will cost... what.. $120 ?, $150?

ImOuttaControl said:

Elevation Notre Dame? This is the one I have real problems with. I've got the bootleg dvd and must say that this is one of the most boring U2 concerts of the Elevation Tour. The only real standout is the first performance of "What's Going On." Also, this show wasn't professionally filmed professionally like the other shows. Every Elevation Tour show had 4 cameras; 1 fixed on each band member and displayed overhead. That's how the show was filmed and put over the web--I highly doubt they would release such sub-par video.

boring.....I was there and this show was hardly boring, it was about a month after 9/11 and, I can only speak for myself ,but it was such an emotional release. If it looks boring on the boot dvd I can assure you it was not.

For God Sake !!!! WHAT THE F*** ARE U2 DOING WITH THIS BOX SET !!!!! :mad: :madspit: :rant: :angry: :down:

First Of all... "Red Rocks Complete"... I mean Do we have to pay the price of whole DVD for just 6 new songs ? I´m not that stupid.

Second... "Zoo TV Sidney"... even worse, another waste of money. I won´t pay another whole DVD price for something I already have.

Third... "Pop Mart Sarajevo" ... come on, they´re simply missing the point with this one. Must we love any official release just because is an "official" release ?. This one was the worst ever Bono performance, the show was poingnat because of the historic moment, but talking about the show itself, it was just s**t. Bono sang HORRIBLE, his voice was completely GONE, and the band made mistakes all night !!. Listen to Miss Sarajevo, for example. Worst ever version I´ve ever heard of Where The Streets Have No Name, especially during the chorus, Bono simply couldn´t sing his key and sang Edge´s key. The same thing happened with Mysterious Ways and many other songs.

Why on earth they don´t want to release Pop Mart Santiago 1998 ?. It´s clear among collectors that show was the best of the whole Pop Mart tour. Period.

Fourth... "Elevation Notre Dame". CRAP, CRAP, CRAP. One of the most boring Elevations shows ever performed, Bono was completely rough, weak and raspy, and the band was cold, uninspired and tired.

Five... and one of the most important things for me. Why the f*** yet no stuff from Boy Tour, October Tour, UF Tour and Joshua Tree Tour ?. There´re so many excellent hidden concerts waiting for being released :drool: .... rather, they take the easiest option, lying half asleep with all the cash they get every day... "new versions !!!!" of previously released shows !!! ... what a CRAP !!!!.

I´m really upset, really. If the news are right, I´ll be so, so dissapointed, even more dissapointed than I felt when they released ATYCLB.

Last edited:
Popmart Sarejevo?? Bono's voice was awful during that show
Elevation Notre Dame?? the camera's were for the web, they probably have horrible footage and very few camera angles

Back
Top Bottom