(03-30-2005) Rumor: DVD Box Set on the Way? -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pop Mart Sarajevo :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
Finally!!!!
It was about time to have this show on DVD. They consider it to be one of their best concerts, as well as most of the fans do.
Can't wait! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I know they also fully filmed the Johanasburg and Rotterdam Popmart shows.

How do bootlegs of those shows compare to Mexico/Sarejevo/Santiago?

U2FP

I will put money on this NOT happening...
well, not money, but I am 99% sure it won't happen...

I don't believe this either. Why release Sarajevo, where Bono's voice was crap, when they have a perfect DVD in Popmart Mexico?

I really want Popmart Mexico on DVD, it's gonna look amazing...

And i'm having some doubts about Notre Dame too..

Bono's shades said:
Now this is a box set! I'd gladly pay big bucks for this as opposed to some box set concepts (coughcoughcoughdigital box setcoughcoughcough).

I can't wait to see the 12/31/89 show on DVD! I've got an audio boot, and I don't know how many times I've tried to imagine what that show looked like.

Yup, i'd pay the full boxset price for that one alone!:drool:

Here's hoping the rumours true about a boxset even if the actual shows on it are wrong!!

i'd guess this is another false rumour about live dvds

i think it's a shame - this year will be the first time i've seen U2 live - i would LOVE concert dvds from tours that i missed.

i'm bored of rumours, i wish they'd just release something.

Mexico?

Maybe U2 finally heard all the petitions.
I would love to see Mexico Popmart on DVD instead of Sarajevo. I have the VHS, but widescreen DVD is what this concert stage was designed for. Anyways - hope all are widescreen.

I think this would be awesome, but I will join the other naysayers on this as some of these shows do not make sense for an official release.

Red Rocks makes sense, there has been talk of that before and obviously the whole thing was professionally shot. Same goes for Sydney 1993.

However, there is no way they are releasing the Notre Dame show on DVD. They had no additional production in house that night as was mentioned before. There would only be the four camera angles of each band member and one full stage shot. An official release of that isnt happening, there is just no way. Also why release yet another Elevation official DVD, there are 2 already.

Sarajevo was shot professionally but as pointed out Bonos voice was shot. Doubt that would be released. They would opt to either put Mexico City on DVD OR put one of the S. American shows on DVD before Sarajevo. Santiago would be an excellent choice, Sao Paulo as well. Edge commented that he felt the Sao Paolo show was one of their best of the Popmart tour. It was professionally shot from many angles also.

Dublin 89, I would love to see any full pro shot from Lovetown on DVD. This concert was filmed, but I dont think the band has any plans to release it. The Sydney 11-18-89 show would make more sense from Lovetown. They had full production for all three of those Sydney shows and 11-18-89 was the best of the three. Doubt that will happen either though.

I can see some type of box set coming out. But my guess would be like a 3 DVD set of Red Rocks, Zoo Sydney and Popmart Mexico City. Maybe a bonus CD (not DVD) of the Dublin 89 show. :shrug:

Last edited:
ponkine said:
For God Sake !!!! WHAT THE F*** ARE U2 DOING WITH THIS BOX SET !!!!! :mad: :madspit: :rant: :angry: :down:

First Of all... "Red Rocks Complete"... I mean Do we have to pay the price of whole DVD for just 6 new songs ? I´m not that stupid.

Well, seeing that Under a Blood Red Sky has not been released on DVD and that the original release was truncated I can understand this. My video tape is not going to last forever. I'd prefer to have a complete DVD.

Second... "Zoo TV Sidney"... even worse, another waste of money. I won´t pay another whole DVD price for something I already have.

Again, it's not been released on DVD and tapes where out. My video tape is ten years old and has definitely degraded. I'd prefer to have it on DVD, especially if it is complete (the video is missing Trying to Throw Your Arms around the World).

Third... "Pop Mart Sarajevo" ... come on, they´re simply missing the point with this one. Must we love any official release just because is an "official" release ?. This one was the worst ever Bono performance, the show was poingnat because of the historic moment, but talking about the show itself, it was just s**t. Bono sang HORRIBLE, his voice was completely GONE, and the band made mistakes all night !!. Listen to Miss Sarajevo, for example. Worst ever version I´ve ever heard of Where The Streets Have No Name, especially during the chorus, Bono simply couldn´t sing his key and sang Edge´s key. The same thing happened with Mysterious Ways and many other songs.

I'd guess they'd include this for emotional reasons. Playing in Sarajevo was a big deal and it fulfilled a promise made during ZooTV. The people at the show thought it was fantastic, even with Bono's voice failing.

Why on earth they don´t want to release Pop Mart Santiago 1998 ?. It´s clear among collectors that show was the best of the whole Pop Mart tour. Period.

Maybe, just maybe they don't want to release a 20 disc box set and are saving it for a future release. I'd love to see Santiago and would prefer it over Sarajevo, but we'll see.

Fourth... "Elevation Notre Dame". CRAP, CRAP, CRAP. One of the most boring Elevations shows ever performed, Bono was completely rough, weak and raspy, and the band was cold, uninspired and tired.

This is where the rumor loses a bit of credibility. I would think they'd be more likely to include one of the MSG shows.

Five... and one of the most important things for me. Why the f*** yet no stuff from Boy Tour, October Tour, UF Tour and Joshua Tree Tour ?. There´re so many excellent hidden concerts waiting for being released :drool: .... rather, they take the easiest option, lying half asleep with all the cash they get every day... "new versions !!!!" of previously released shows !!! ... what a CRAP !!!!.
I'd actually love for Denver and Sun Devil Stadium to be released in full from JT. Maybe they just aren't happy with the quality. The ideal box set would have one quality show from each tour with commentary along the way to talk about U2's development in the studio and on the road.

I´m really upset, really. If the news are right, I´ll be so, so dissapointed, even more dissapointed than I felt when they released ATYCLB.

Still don't get the people that complain about ATYCLB - a record I like quite a bit. Still, i wouldn't be disappointed at all. I don't think they've got good Notre Dame video and I'd love to see 12/31/89 which I've only heard up to this point.

I agree that I'd like to see more, but this set would cost $30 or less when bought during the first week at Best Buy. When they released the Rolling Stones Four Flicks it was only $20 and it was four discs. I bought U2 Go Home for $15 during the first week.

Maybe this would be the first of several releases. I have wanted to see all of Red Rocks for years and wouldn't mind it if they released other War shows ( I think that they filmed Boulder right after Red Rocks as well). Still, I think most fans would be perfectly happy with this set. I would like to see them finally release old shows in full instead of trimmed up - as was the necessity when they were put on VHS.

indiekid said:
i'd guess this is another false rumour about live dvds

i think it's a shame - this year will be the first time i've seen U2 live - i would LOVE concert dvds from tours that i missed.

i'm bored of rumours, i wish they'd just release something.

I seriously hope you're wrong. I've never been to a live show before, this year will be my first too. I really want concert dvds from all those tours too. I wanna know what it was like to be there back then. Sometimes I wish I was born like uh 20yrs earlier. Then at least I had a chance to go to those concerts...:(

Ok I posted this on the thread I initially posted regarding this I have a bit more info. I myself was a bit "huh" when I heard they were releasing Sarajevo and another Elevation DVD and after the messages and stuff and my own concerns I called my friend again. This is what I heard - please dont kill the messenger!

Sarajevo - Apparently its not a "traditional" concert DVD, its more of a docu-concert and a collection of clips and interviews with band members, crew etc. Its not a show in the traditional sense. There is also a big focus on the war and the true story of Miss Sarajevo.

Notre Dame - This is a special DVD and is some sort of new technology and also not "traditional". I couldnt get any more info on it.

I'm really surprised to see such negative response on releasing DVD with Sarajevo concert. Over the years after the concert I was asked so many times about that concert by other fans, that bootleg is one of the most wanted U2 bootlegs, so many hard core fans were at that concert and now it seems that not many people are actually interested in seeing it realesed..... :(
I mean, yes, Bono's voice was crap that night, but emotions in that concert were unbeliveable, I get goose bumps every time I listen to that concert. I hope that at least one small portion of it will show on the DVD!

Last edited:
YYYYYYYYYYYeah:drool: Dont care the cost, im gonna have it:wink:

I respect the Sarajevo concert for what it was, and it's musical bench mark in time.

But as a concert it's not one I'd go back to again and again like the Mexico PopMart. I'd rather have that with Bono sounding tighter than watching Sarajevo on a one off and never going back to it. His voice really grates on me, and I'd be very disappointed if we don't get a full length PopMart DVD with everyone on form.

Hmmmm well pity i bought red rocks and zoo TV on videotape, but can any of these concerts really compare to go home? It is just the most immense u2 concert i have seen (on DVD) and then im going to dublin this year to see them for my first time, back row though, guess i wont be seeing much!

I heard Sarajevo gig live on radio here in UK, be good to see it. The band are on fire for this show. Bonos voice gives him problems. But the others are playing maybe the best i've heard

Wow...

I'm suprised people are taking this news quite so seriously. It would be cool, and all, but there's no way Sarajevo and Notre Dame would ever be sold in a compilation like this. U2 only release their very best shows on video. Add in some VERY suspect timing, and what do we have? April fools, people.
-Mike

popmart sarajevo is one of the best concerts ever!So many emotions in there that night I remember!I hope that rumours about compilation release will come true!

Last edited:
Zootv Sydney compared to Go Home, both concerts are awesome but i love zoooooo tvvvvvvvvvvvv

Back
Top Bottom