(03-28-2005) Word From the Front (GA) Lines - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Word From the Front Lines

An Interference staffer has called in to let us know what's going on in the GA line(s) down in San Diego today. Make a note of this, as this will most likely pertain to all of you hoping to get into the Ellipse (as it's now being called, and not the "Egg") during the Vertigo Tour.

*There are two lines - one for fanclub presale members, and one for other GA ticket holders.

*When the tickets are scanned, those that get to go in the "Ellipse" will be "randomly" selected by the scanner/computer (denoted by a beep), and the person will get to take a friend with them into the "Ellipse."

More from the front lines as we get it! Stay tuned!

Last edited:
So how do they know whether your tickets were presale or general sale? And what if you bought your tickets off of Ebay or something, so you do not know whether your tickets were bought through the presale? This is the situation for me. Does anything on the ticket indicate that it was a presale ticket?

It looks like the U2.com membership is paying off after all.

They could make you show proof of U2.com membership, but people would not have known to bring anything like that.

I'm bummed if by buying GA tickets off of Ebay this gives me a poor chance for getting inside the ellipse.

Last edited:
My presale tickets say L-FAN on the top, other tickets I purchased during general sale do not - they say ADULT -- that might be how they identify the presale tickets - wish I had GA - I have lower level for a NJ show ---- GOOD LUCK, HAVE FUN!!

So your tickets are scanned and you are randomly selected to be inside the ellipse, but what is the purpose of the separate lines for the fan club presale and regular sale? Will the fan club members who are not picked to be inside the ellipse be allowed to enter the venue prior to the other ticket holders?

I have GA tickets to both ATL shows. I saw Elevation from inside the heart and at the tip of the heart on the outside. I enjoyed the show better outside the heart b/c that is where Bono spent most of his time. I'm hoping I get the same opprotunity again..... :):):)

I have a presale GA for the first ATL show. Will this get me into the ellipse? I didn't really bargain for this, I just wanted GA. Anything else is icing on the cake.

ashlee_w78 said:
So your tickets are scanned and you are randomly selected to be inside the ellipse, but what is the purpose of the separate lines for the fan club presale and regular sale?

that is the shady part, based on this passage. perhaps the likelihood of getting is higher from the GA line?
certainly sounds intriguing.

Entry into the Ellipse

Hello to all,

What happens if you get into the Ellipse but don't want to be in it ? For the Elevation Tour, not all people wanted to be in the Heart, they wanted to be at the tip of it instead. I find tha this system has many potential problems. Further, if you wanted to get into the Ellipse/pit and took part in the pre-sale, but didn't get access due to random selection, what is the point/advantage of the seperate line ? I think that pre-sale purchasers should have the option to or not to enter the ellipse, that way the true fans can guarantee themslves access to the ellipse should they choose to. Anything "random" just puts the "hardcore" fans at a disadvange IMO......

PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION:LIKE BONO SAID THE OTHER DAY "IT'S LIKE MAGIC" WHEN IT ALL COME'S TOGETHER.HE WASN'T JOKING,WITHIN A FEW MINUTE'S OF EXPLODING INTO THERE FIRST GIG AT THE FIRST HOCKEY ARENA THEY MADE THE ENTIRE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE DISAPEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CAN ANY ONE REPORT IF THEY SOLD ANY TICKET'S THE MORNING OF THE FIRST CONCERT?WERE THEY GENERAL ADM.?THE ROCKMEISTER

can anyone find out or does anyone know what happens if you're a u2.com member who failed to get ga's through the presale but instead got ga's through a broker will still be allowed in the special line? how will they know? our u2.com membership cards they sent us?????????????????????

..why is it that someone in U2's camp keeps trying to fix whats not broken..I dont get it..are they going to line us up and allow us in according to height next?jeesh..just let us in without any hassle and enjoy the show..:huh: :yes:

I've never seen the big attraction for the general admission experience. Sure, you get closer to the band but the fact that you have a seat in reserved areas works for this old fart.

I can't stand being banged around and jockeying for position for 4 hours. Not at close to 40 years of age, I can't.

;)

Back
Top Bottom