(01-20-2005) 'Vertigo Tour' to Be Announced Monday ! - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never heard their music, but here is a link to start familiarizing ourselves with The Kings of Leon:

http://www.nme.com/reviews/11810.htm

From this reviewer, they sound interesting - reminescent of an early U2?

Personally, I'm intrigued by the white Iris that seems to be identified with the band.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

YOU GIVE ME SOMETHING I CAN FEEL....:larry: :adam: :edge: :hug: :bono: :love:

great birthday's gift:wave:
i see that i m not the only one who will participate in first u2 gig:p

too excited right now

:combust:

not a fan of the Kings of Leon, but they're not supporting Europe, so that's ok - can't wait to hear what the support acts will be when they tour here :)

Last edited:
It'll be my first u2 concert as well. So YEAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAYEEEAAAAAHHH!!AHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAYEEEAAAAAHHH!!AHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAYEEEAAAAAHHH!!AHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAYEEEAAAAAHHH!!AHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAYEEEAAAAAHHH!!AHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!YEEEAAAAAHHH!!

etc. ad infinitum

I am sooooo excitted, yay. this will be my 10th time seeing U2. I missed their second leg of Elevation with NO Doubt and On KROQ live. I was soooo sick . But I am in such a better place in my life. I guess they will be here in So Cali at the beginning of April. I have to say for the newcomers, it is going to be such an amazing trip for u. God Bless and ENJOY! :larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :heart: :heart: :up:

I can't beleive you Americans don't know who Kings of Leon are. They're not like early U2, a bit of a weird group, but some great grat songs, check out "the Bucket" off their new album..

WOOO-HOOOO!!!!

This will be my 4th time seeing them, and I'm so excited I can hardly sit still to type this!!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Aardvark747 said:
So if the tickets go on General sale on Monday - then it's gotta be anytime now that the U2.com members get the pre-sale ones yeah?

The tour announcement is Monday, ticket sales will be later, probably Saturday.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! YEEEHHHAAA I NEARLY HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN I SAW THAT - FINALLY! I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!BRING IT ON BONO BABY I LOVE YOU&CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU IN THE FLESH AGAIN WOO-HOO GET YOUR SEXY ASS OVER TO SCOTLAND PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!

Having got that out, i am also glad to read that kings of leon are not the support in Europe. I'm not crazy about Snow Patrol exactly but i'd prefer to see them&Scissor Sisters would be even better. As they have got so big though, the chances of that are probably quite slim. Anyway, who the hell cares when it's U2 you're going for! :wink: :drool: :ohmy: PRAYING FOR HAMPDEN!!!

Too big to support u2! REM, Oasis and the like opened for U2.
Anyway, yes, bring it on!!!!!!:bono: :edge: :larry: :adam:

As told by Axver....
Concert tours that opened with First tracks on the album:

Joshua Tree: Streets
Zoo TV : Zoo Station
and there was another which i cannot remember...

Having said that though....Vertigo is a high possiblity to open.

I think they can open with Vertigo, All Because Of You or Love and Peace.....we'll see.

just got this nice email from u2.com:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
U2's 2005 tour is set to be announced on U2.Com this Monday.

And right now we can tell you that it will be called 'The Vertigo Tour', that it will kick off on the US West Coast at the end of March before arriving in Europe in the summer... and that Kings of Leon are on board as support act in the US.

Keep checking U2.Com for more tour news as we get it.

On Monday we'll have the countries, cities, venues, dates - and the all-important ticket information.

We'll also be mailing you with details of how you - as a U2.Com Member - can take part in the advance presale of tickets, before they go on sale to the general public.

Best wishes

The U2.Com Team

Ok, so all I want to know is that I will get an email Monday about how to participate in the pre-sale? That's what it sounds like from that one email? All I care about is getting GA tickets and the pre-sale is the way to go. That 40 dollar membership better not fail me!:mad:

Here's hoping they swing somewhere near the southern states.
New Orleans preferably, Atlanta will do fine. please!! :sexywink:
(do wish Snow Patrol was coming with them. The video is on now... I think they've been touring the US this month)
:hyper:

yeah would be cool if they can play the first 7 songs from HTDAAB
ala Zoo TV

Vertigo
All Because of You
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love and Peace or Else - (This can be like the UTEOTW/NYD part)
City of Blinding Lights
Crumbs from your table
One
Beautiful Day

A Man and a Woman
Original (More or less an Acoustic set with another tunes)

Then leave One Step Closer (a la Wake up dead man) for the last part of the Show before maybe The Fly
and ending the night with Yahweh

"Yahweh tell me now why the dark before the dawn ooooooooooooooooooo" the crowd going along oooooooooooooo

What do we have?
11 songs played!!
Wow..... I don't remember U2 doing that before

Back
Top Bottom